Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Child arrangement court order

(809 Posts)
Unhappy1 Sat 10-Aug-19 16:36:13

Has anyone been to court for grandchild access...my case was dismissed...but are their any happy endings out there?

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 17:05:12

there are many surprises nn.
mediation does not work for many people.

Smileless2012 Thu 17-Oct-19 18:45:53

I've been thinking about your first post painting and how strange life can be; not that I need to tell yousmile.

We've been estranged from our son and only GC for almost 7 years. About 2.5 years ago our ES unexpectedly went to see his paternal GM who he'd had no contact with for more than 4 years.

Our second GC had been born and would have been getting on for 2 years old. He told his GM that they'd not had a decent nights sleep for 5 years (since the birth of our eldest GC), because they didn't have any family support.

Why would they, when they'd cut out his side of the family, the side that would have been there for them whenever they needed help!!

Your posts really struck me. You've made a life for you and your D, have missed I think the support that should have made life so much easier, but can see that for you and your D you did the right thing.

Norah Thu 17-Oct-19 19:07:32

Unhappy1, I hope so. I believe children belong with their parents (unless abusive) and up to their parents to make rules. The happy ending would be dismissing the case against not abusive parents.

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 21:30:42

Thank you both. I am completely certain this is not a situation that anyone would have done by choice. Years back my own parents now deceased...I valued them as GPs and every single week my babes went there and I took her there.

Circumstances changed.
painting

paintingthetownred Thu 17-Oct-19 21:33:28

and by the way, when I say someone taking us out to lunch I have no intention of them paying for it. Part of the problem. Relatives paying for stuff and then expecting to get something back. Non one does that sort of dysfunctional transaction in my book.

Nonnie Sat 19-Oct-19 09:59:14

I feel very sorry for you 'painting' you have cut yourself off from so many people and now you cannot even trust someone to buy you a meal without wondering if they have an agenda. Please believe me, there are lovely people in the world who only want to help and do not expect anything in return. I met a wonderful dil yesterday who I had heard a lot about, she supported her mil through PD right up to the end and has since supported her fil and bil. Yesterday was her fil's funeral, which she had arranged, and she went round speaking to everyone there. She was kindness itself and I don't think she would ever expect anything in return. She doesn't even live near them. I really believe she has no agenda and is just a lovely person.

paintingthetownred Sat 19-Oct-19 18:40:37

Hey Nonnie,
Don't worry about me hon.
Thanks for your concern though.
It wasn't an 'education' I wanted to have but I certainly don't believe that all people are selfish or have an agenda.

Happy Saturday night
Painting

Sandmb Sat 14-Mar-20 22:49:17

Hi yes I went to court for a child arrangement order for my 5 grandchildren and I won. It’s becoming so common now now so don’t postpone going to court it’s always worth fighting to see your grandchildren. My only issue was paying for a solicitor so I did it myself with the aid of a McKenzie friend that assisted with forms,statements and attending court with you for a fraction of the cost which iOS why I qualified in becoming a McKenzie friend to help others in similar situations. I’m here if you want to talk of help