Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Arrested

(55 Posts)
Tinytotx2 Mon 14-Nov-22 06:55:22

My son and his wife stopped all contact from me. But welcomed other members of my family even some of my friends who have also cut me off since befriending my son and dil
I took advice and sent my grandchildren birthday cards etc but they sent out a warrant out for my arrest for sending birthday cards . I was devastated I've never been in a police station, let alone ever broken the law.
So now I'm at a loss what to do what if my grandchildren are missing me and asking if they can see me? What if they are as upset as I am about not seeing them?. You'll all be wondering what I've done to cause this....well hopefully you will believe me when I say I do not know!
I baby sat, looked after them while my son and dil worked etc, took the children on outings . I did what grandparents do . My son and dil never said I was doing anything wrong or anything
they wouldnt do
Does anyone have any ideas how to get to solve this mess please. I miss them so much ?

Hetty58 Thu 17-Nov-22 07:41:36

Here we go again - it gets a bit quiet and up pops the (predictable) bonkers mystery post. It's full of contradictions, omissions and, often, spelling mistakes. it makes no sense, yet (like throwing a fox into a henhouse) stirs up the resident grannies into a frenzy of problem solving, mystery busting private detecting and truth seeking. Little gems of additional information are dragged out of the OP.

On another forum, the same regular pattern occurs - but with a different outcome. It's stagnant, so people post 'Where is everybody? It's so quiet on here.' - and then an argument soon breaks out (any subject will do) when someone posts a ridiculous, spiteful or controversial comment (the bait) and a flurry of indignation ensues, insults fly left, right and centre, sides are taken - and accusations of bullying emerge. People are banned, the 'post mortem, what happened?' discussions are completed - and peace returns. All great fun!

Parsley3 Thu 17-Nov-22 09:42:46

Hetty58

Here we go again - it gets a bit quiet and up pops the (predictable) bonkers mystery post. It's full of contradictions, omissions and, often, spelling mistakes. it makes no sense, yet (like throwing a fox into a henhouse) stirs up the resident grannies into a frenzy of problem solving, mystery busting private detecting and truth seeking. Little gems of additional information are dragged out of the OP.

On another forum, the same regular pattern occurs - but with a different outcome. It's stagnant, so people post 'Where is everybody? It's so quiet on here.' - and then an argument soon breaks out (any subject will do) when someone posts a ridiculous, spiteful or controversial comment (the bait) and a flurry of indignation ensues, insults fly left, right and centre, sides are taken - and accusations of bullying emerge. People are banned, the 'post mortem, what happened?' discussions are completed - and peace returns. All great fun!

Spot on if you have been on GN for a while. The resident grans change about but the pattern remains. I like it.

Purplepixie Thu 17-Nov-22 10:19:22

You need to walk away and concentrate on your own life and health as horrible as it might sound, you have to get on with your life. I have been estranged from my daughter for nearly 8 years and my eldest son since last December. I still see my daughters two beautiful girls, thanks to her ex husband. I haven’t seen my eldest son’s children since May of last year. It hurts. Please accept it and stay away from them because it is the only way to sanity. I do have a fantastic youngest son. Take care.

notgran Thu 17-Nov-22 15:21:08

nanna8

I actually find it quite chilling that people would rifle through old posts like that.

Really? When a post that to my mind doesn't look kosher, I always look back and search. So far I haven't been disappointed. There are some very "unusual" people out there. It to my mind is a form of scamming and I don't appreciate it and like to show the person we know what game they are playing.