Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Trying to cope and do the right thing.

(31 Posts)
Nana5150 Tue 09-May-23 15:54:40

This is so hard and im so scared i'm not doing the right thing to protect my DGD, we had another incident of abuse over the weekend where my D wished me dead ;-(. My D has torn my GD her away from every member of Family she has and has made her say she hates us all and doesn't want to see us. She's 9 and we have been her safe place for years and looked after her fr the 1st 4 years of her life. My previous post gave a bit of an insight I just feel so alone and waiting for professional help is so time consuming and painfully slow.

Just reaching out really as I've nobody or feels it, I miss them both desperately.

Nana5150 Tue 09-May-23 18:46:59

SS have been in touch over a number of matters since 2017 and she's supposed to be doing work but doesn't engage and resources don't seem to stretch enough for them to take action over it. Almost they have done there bit by offering help. May be unfair but I only have what my D has told me each time they have called.

We've been advised against mediation due to the content of messages, potential carrying out of threats and how many years they have been going on for and the speed which we need to act as a safeguarding matter.

I'm waiting for information as well on mediation. Our DGD biological Dad tried mediation and she did everything to avoid it right to saying she had cancer ;-(

VioletSky Tue 09-May-23 18:59:06

There certainly seems to be a lot going on here, I think perhaps you need some professional support

Stand Alone is an organisation that might be able to talk this all through with you and suggest some good resources

Nana5150 Tue 09-May-23 19:14:21

Thank you.

Jrama Wed 10-May-23 00:19:42

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'm struggling with a really difficult situation. My daughter has made it clear that she wants nothing to do with me. I'm recently divorced, and while I have 50/50 parenting time, my daughter chooses to stay with her father for two extra nights during my week. It's been incredibly hard on me, especially since my daughter and I are in court-ordered reconciliation counseling.

To give you some background, my husband cheated on me and luckily, I've always been a working woman, so filing for divorce was the best choice for me. But unfortunately, my daughter seems to hold resentment towards me and looks down on me. She's also been diagnosed with severe depression and ADHD, although I don't think that's relevant to the situation.

I'm just scared that no matter how hard we try in therapy, it won't work out, and my daughter will continue to distance herself from me. Even worse, once she gets her driver's license, I worry that she'll completely refuse to see me anymore.

I'm reaching out to you all for some insight and support during this difficult time. Has anyone here gone through a similar experience? What can I do to try and repair my relationship with my daughter? Thank you in advance for any help.

Hithere Wed 10-May-23 02:39:51

Jrama

Thank you for opening your own thread

www.gransnet.com/forums/estrangement/1323940-There-must-be-someone-who-can-help