Gransnet forums

Food

Wondering what to have for brekkie number two...

(41 Posts)
thatbags Fri 20-May-16 09:26:58

Not cereal with milk because I don't need that much dietary roughage just at the moment (IBS).

More home-made chocolate brownie with thick cream, which is what I had for brekkie number one at 0630...? Nah, I might have some more of that later.

I know: finger rolls (bought for Minibags for her hot dog sausages but which she isn't eating) with salt beef and some home-made chutney a friend gave me. Yes.

You?

Marmight Fri 20-May-16 09:47:38

Tempting Bags. I had porridge with blueberries and raspberries with a wee dod of honey at 7.30. Just back from a doc's appointment and would really like something - but I know I don't need anything else........especially when I look in the mirror. Might save myself until lunch time wink

Charleygirl Fri 20-May-16 09:54:33

I have strawberries bought two days ago which I must eat today and now seems as good a time as any. No cream though, just strawberries with a sprinkling of sugar.

Judthepud2 Fri 20-May-16 10:12:01

Just had breakfast number 1 ☺️ The usual toast, butter (yes I have returned to the real stuff), chunky Seville marmalade and a cup of very strong freshly ground coffee! To be fair, I have already hung out a load of washing, put on another, fed the dog and cleared up the kitchen from DH's ravages.

Will have a cup of tea and a ginger biscuit later after walking the dog.

BBbevan Fri 20-May-16 10:17:09

I am on a LCHF diet so breakfast this morning was egg and bacon. Otherwise it could be any sort of egg, smoked salmon, or berries and Greek yogurt or cream.
Yummy

rosesarered Fri 20-May-16 10:19:35

thatbags you are a Hobbit! they have two breakfasts.grin

Nonnie1 Fri 20-May-16 10:29:42

Just about to have breakfast No. 2 as well.

I had weetabix earlier, and now I'm about to have toasted olive bread with Lemon Cheese.................................

I've gone right off marmalade.

MiniMouse Fri 20-May-16 10:57:28

I still haven't had Breakfast No 1 shock I didn't feel like eating earlier and then got busy (well, busyish), so am I allowed to have a 2 in 1 breakfast? By the time I've decided what to have it'll probably be lunchtime anyway blush

GandTea Fri 20-May-16 11:00:09

Rosesarered, sorry, but you are wrong, Hobbits have

Breakfast,
2nd Breakfast,
3rd Breakfast etc.
2nd and 3rd are totally different meals from Breakfast (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

ffinnochio Fri 20-May-16 11:04:36

Early breakfast at 7am. of toast, butter and marmalade and mug of strong coffee. Off to the dentist with the delightful news of a root canal shortly. Just enjoying breakfast No. 2 - or elevenses - of Brioch, butter and raspberry jam and another mug of strong coffee. It's raining and chilly, so need fat & sugar for energy and warmth!

Linsco56 Fri 20-May-16 11:15:47

Will you all stop please! (joking!) I started a low carb diet yesterday and have had one egg scrambled...nothing else and I'm hungry sad

GandTea Fri 20-May-16 11:22:58

My 2nd BF was only a banana, Ok on low carb (or is it).

Linsco56 Fri 20-May-16 11:29:59

A banana is not too bad GandTea but I'm saving my daily intake of carbs for dinner!

appygran Fri 20-May-16 11:32:25

Only had time for a slice of toast and coffee at 7.30 this morning before dropping dog off at the vets for some tests. Spent the morning shopping and bought some very healthy food, but what have I just had? Two slices of white toast with lashings of butter, topped with orange and ginger marmalade. I need some comfort food today, well that's my excuse.

fiorentina51 Fri 20-May-16 11:39:38

Salivating............
Any of the above suggestions would suit me. Off for a rummage in my cupboards.
☕?????

BBbevan Fri 20-May-16 12:28:29

Linsco56 you didn't have enough then if you are hungry. 2 eggs at least, plus bacon or salmon or even an avocado.

GandTea Fri 20-May-16 12:40:45

This is why we prefer to have our carbs early in the day, keep you full and gives the body time to work them off.

Linsco56 Fri 20-May-16 12:49:53

BBevan I'm just cutting back on carbs, not doing Paleo or Atkins and I'm trying to be healthy and avoid as much salt and fat as possible. Hopefully my stomach will shrink soon and it will take less to fill me. Always hungry on first few days of diet but just need to take my mind off it and do something different. It doesn't help that DH can eat whatever he likes without piling on the pounds!

Cherrytree59 Fri 20-May-16 14:03:03

Looks like we all need our comfort food and stong coffee on GN today!

BBbevan Fri 20-May-16 14:19:47

O.K.Linsco56 Good luck with your diet. smile

Grannyknot Fri 20-May-16 15:33:28

I had a slice of toast and marmalade with tea at 6:30 a.m. (breakfast number 1) ... and the most delicious hot and spicy Pakistani Street Food dosa thingy at 11:45 a.m. (breakfast number 2).

Then I came home and had a peanut butter chocolate brownie for "breakfast dessert". grin

Galen Fri 20-May-16 16:30:50

Raspberries and cream!

thatbags Fri 20-May-16 16:40:36

Like it, gknot grin. Peanut butter chocolate brownie, now there's a thought!

Grannyknot Fri 20-May-16 19:12:04

It was super tasty bags

Indinana Fri 20-May-16 20:47:50

I didn't have any breakfast today, not a first one or a second one - in fact I don't think I ate anything at all until I had lunch at around 1.30 shock. But this was because I had a pelvic floor clinic appointment mid morning and spent all the time beforehand showering, doing hair and makeup..... as well as countless visits to the loo (well I always get a bit of a nervous stomach when I have these appointments blush)
So at 1.30 I made up for it with a couple of crusty white rolls and cheddar - so unhealthy, but so yummy!