Gransnet forums

Food

Trying new things.

(32 Posts)
1974cookie Fri 09-Feb-18 18:05:30

I had never tried Gorgonzola until today when a shop assistant gave me a sample to try.
Oh my goodness, what have I been missing!!
It is so utterly gorgeous, so moreish. I am hooked.
I have decided that because of it's lovely creamy, melting texture, it would be lovely stirred into hot pasta with just a few walnuts added. It's a start, so:
Do any of you lovely Gransnetters have any recipes that I could also try using this delectable cheese??

shysal Sat 17-Feb-18 18:41:01

1974cookie, thank you. Can I ask how can you tell that an avocado is ripe when buying?

pattieb, yes you can ear the skin of figs. When eating raw I hold the stalk end and eat like a lollipop.

sweetcakes Sat 17-Feb-18 20:26:23

Google gorgonzola recipes you should get loads of ideas

shirleyhick Sat 17-Feb-18 21:12:14

I have never tried it so don't know what I might of been missing I will have to give it a try

oldgoat Sun 18-Feb-18 08:35:42

To test whether an avocado is ripe, cup it in the palm of your hand and squeeze gently.
If you store avocados in the fridge they go black.

shysal Mon 19-Feb-18 07:51:16

Thanks oldgoat, I might be brave and give one a try.

wotnot Thu 22-Feb-18 20:53:15

Although I love seafood I always avoid octopus and mussels. I tried octopus in Italy and it really put me off, very chewy and dislike of mussels goes back to when I was little, I recall sometimes going to a seafood stand with my parents and having cockles and/or winkles (they may be the same thing), parents always had jellied eels and mussels. A couple of nights ago went to an Italian restaurant and OH ordered deep fried octopus and mussels in a creamy lemon garlic sauce. Delicious, in fact I scoffed up most of the mussels with the sauce and crusty bread. So much for my diet.