Gransnet forums

Food

Leftover Chicken

(54 Posts)
Moonwatcher1904 Thu 27-Apr-23 13:45:03

I make decent cakes but not much good at using leftover stuff. Until months ago I got a couple of meals out of a leftover chicken until I realised what I was wasting so found a recipe for chicken soup. It turned out to be so easy, delicious and so easy to freeze. I have bought one for this Sunday and need to find something other than soup like a pasta bake or something like that. I don't like spicy stuff and as my shopping order is due tomorrow and I would like to know what good sauces and pasta I could use. Any recipe ideas would be most welcome. Thankyou.

Purpledaffodil Tue 02-May-23 20:03:02

We actually had Chicken Divan tonight. First time for ages. As recipes given above but I add a coupon of eggs and some oil instead of mayo. It was given to me in the 70s as a handwritten recipe. I misread the handwriting and it was called Chicken Dwai in our house 🤣

Norah Tue 02-May-23 20:38:39

Our GD brought baked chicken round -- practice making Cinco de Mayo corn-chicken enchiladas and street tacos for my brother. Declared the results delish.

We also had a go at Coronation Chicken.

Grantanow Sun 27-Aug-23 08:32:21

Jaxie

I make chicken pie, but with a secret ingredient which I was forced to divulge by great- niece and grandchildren who wolf it down. I’m ashamed to admit I combine left over chicken with a tin of M&S chunky chicken in white sauce. Everyone compliments me on it but I feel like a fraud.

That's a good idea!