Gransnet forums

Games

Monday. Maidenly Miss Marydoll’s Marvellous, Mysterious and Mischievous Maths Teasers.

(69 Posts)
Marydoll Mon 18-May-20 09:31:11

A dire fate awaits you if you dare to post the answers on this thread‼

Good morning class, I hope you are all well. A fishy ?problem, nothing taxing today, I hope! grin
PM me your answers, if you wish an ?

Feelingmyage55 Mon 18-May-20 14:53:44

I don’t know how it finishes yet. Tiz up to youse yins

Doodle Mon 18-May-20 15:33:33

Well cum on yous grls. Don leab v car runnin twoard v picnic wiv v doggy incid. Cum up wiv sumfink....

willa45 Mon 18-May-20 15:36:48

I dun think furst ofendirs gunna git de norty step....but be karefil, cuz if ye do it a sekin time....then it's 'oh oh'!

willa45 Mon 18-May-20 15:43:52

......the story goes on.

Jet steps on the gas peddil and car gos flayin in de air towards de lake before doin' a ginourmous 'splaaaaaaash'!!!!! "Ahhhh noooo! Ma pooch'll drown!" he says. "No worries" says she, then.....

Doodle Mon 18-May-20 16:01:33

In she go wiv her inflatible watr wings wot she jus apen to ave in er picnic bastit. She swim to der car an reeches fru d opin wyndo an gwabs hol on Jet’s collet an pulls him out fru der wyndo and dey swim ball to d bank. O fankoo so much seed d man. Yous sav my Jet will u mawwy me. Cors not she sed yous an iwisponsible irriot. Yuv ruin my picnic. So dey wen ome.
V End. ?

Marydoll Mon 18-May-20 16:16:24

wila ?

mary51 Mon 18-May-20 16:39:58

Afternoon all. In late today as in garden most of the day. Can see answers posted already. And the big girls spellin I haven't even learned yet!!

So have a lovely evening all.

[type]

mary51 Mon 18-May-20 16:42:41

So far in this big girls' school I've learned PMS properly and how to report my own messages but I'll ave anuvva go at smileys next time.

[smile}

Marydoll Mon 18-May-20 16:53:42

Hello there Mary, nice to see you.

Nice to see you! Sorry about the answers being posted. sad

You need square [ ] brackets for emojis.

Class, I will need to delete some of your PMs to me, my inbox is getting rather full.
Those PMs will disappear from you inbox too, so don't think anything is amiss.
It will say something like: Deleted at user's request.

Marydoll Mon 18-May-20 16:55:49

The answers:

Puzzle 1: There are ten fish in the tank.

Puzzle2: 1 Tom: 22 , Bob: 27

Back tomorrow.

Callistemon Mon 18-May-20 17:24:06

Mary51 the lingo is more difficult than reading Chaucer

Feelingmyage55 Mon 18-May-20 17:28:17

The end ?????

Marydoll Mon 18-May-20 17:33:52

I've given up trying to understand it! grin

Pantglas2 Mon 18-May-20 17:38:05

Slike owr seecryt lanwage wot we cudda iwsd diwrin the Wore! We cud get jobbs at GeeCeeHaichQue gurls! Woo sez we isn pliabl!

willa45 Mon 18-May-20 18:12:45

More like Lewis Carol....one of me favowites! 'Twas brillig and the swithy toads did gire and gimble in the wabe, all flimsy were the borogroves and the gnome wraths outgrabe".....of kors, I kin only doo furst too lines (maybe) from memry and wid autocorrect intrafearing.....the res' escape me.

dragonfly46 Mon 18-May-20 18:21:39

Of course Mary I am such a dunce!

willa45 Mon 18-May-20 18:32:46

Pantglas, I wundr ef "Jabberwocky" wasn't sum kain 'o secret code unventid 'afore whorl wor 2?

Doodle Mon 18-May-20 19:10:32

mary we gurls kan teech yous smiles.
So whocha do is yous tipe a square bra kit [ and then wivout spaces yous type d word like grin or wink and den anuve bra kit.] dat ways youz git smilees. Seazy weally. ?
Cor willa yous ain’t arf cleber wot quote like orfurs an such.

I fin wez gud at diz langwage fing coz us poopils can unnerstan wot we haz rit but sum peeps don.

Yous iz vewy gud at it pants youz mak me smyle ?