Gransnet forums

Gardening

On a lighter note….Gardeners World returns tonight.

(81 Posts)
merlotgran Fri 11-Mar-22 09:19:49

And I cannot wait!

Just as in the first Lockdown, Monty’s calming presence, beautiful garden and lovely dogs should help to raise our spirits.

I was without a garden for six months of last year so now I’m raring to go in my new one.

Looking at the weather it won’t be today though. ?

Redhead56 Fri 11-Mar-22 09:36:05

Thanks for the reminder one of my favourite programmes. I have my seeds and bulbs ready and cleared veg patch where I do successional planting.
The tips and advice from the programme are invaluable and it does raise my spirits thats for sure.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 11-Mar-22 09:46:39

A bit of calm and sanity. Can't wait.

TillyTrotter Fri 11-Mar-22 09:53:54

I will be watching. Love it.
Good Luck with the coming growing season Redhead.
My dad grew all our vegetables to feed a (large) family.

henetha Fri 11-Mar-22 09:56:16

An oasis of calm in a mad world. I will be glued to it.

JaneJudge Fri 11-Mar-22 09:57:42

We always watch it on a Sunday morning smile

Josieann Fri 11-Mar-22 09:58:51

Excellent

Coastpath Fri 11-Mar-22 10:00:11

I am disproportionately excited about seeing Patti again.

JaneJudge Fri 11-Mar-22 10:01:08

I love Patti, she was meant to be his dog wasn't she?

Casdon Fri 11-Mar-22 10:10:14

I still miss Nigel though. I can’t wait for tonight either, I’ve been battling my weed explosion this week so it will be nice to dream of a garden like Monty’s once again - he always manages to make me believe it’s possible.

lavendermine Fri 11-Mar-22 10:10:17

So pleased this programme is returning, I will be glued to the tv. Thank you for the reminder.

Redhead56 Fri 11-Mar-22 10:39:56

Thanks Tilly it’s hit and miss growing your own especially here in northwest. The last two years I had much more time to tend my patch and was well rewarded. My dad used to grow his own he was very successful with tomatoes I don’t but I keep trying.

Jaxjacky Fri 11-Mar-22 11:01:39

New raised bed for veg is up and the greenhouse tidied, my friend’s allotment is also ready for everything I give him to grow.
I’ll watch GW over the weekend.

Visgir1 Fri 11-Mar-22 12:08:58

Good news, love it.
Often rewatch on Sunday morning, planted on the sofa Mug of Tea and few biscuits, simple Bliss.

Fennel Fri 11-Mar-22 12:15:25

Good news - I'm so looking forward to it. one of my favourites too.
Thanks for the reminder.

Dempie55 Fri 11-Mar-22 12:16:57

Ah, Spring is here at last, then. I love Monty's slow, smooth delivery, his voice is so calming. Gardeners' World is so soothing to watch, love seeing all the different gardens. It's a nice way to start the weekend (after Tony Blackburn's radio show at 7pm on Radio 2, of course!)

Calendargirl Fri 11-Mar-22 14:41:59

I know this will incur wrath, but I prefer just a half hour GW. An hour is often padded out with stuff I’m not keen on, so FFW through those. Would rather see 30 minutes of relevant, proper gardening info than nattering away to some random person.

GillT57 Fri 11-Mar-22 14:46:58

My Friday evenings are now complete. A nice crisp G&T and Gardeners World and all is well in the world. Although, sadly this week it is more likely to be a hot lemsip as I battle covid19.

Sweetpeasue Fri 11-Mar-22 14:52:06

Oh my, I need this programme.

merlotgran Fri 11-Mar-22 15:15:12

Calendargirl

I know this will incur wrath, but I prefer just a half hour GW. An hour is often padded out with stuff I’m not keen on, so FFW through those. Would rather see 30 minutes of relevant, proper gardening info than nattering away to some random person.

The random people add to the enjoyment IMO - like Sue Kent who gardens with her feet having been born with no arms and the sisters with Down’s syndrome.

I love the chance to have a peek into other people’s gardens and marvel at the regular visits to more famous ones.

I guess I’m just obsessed with all things gardening. ?

Coastpath Fri 11-Mar-22 15:21:33

I agree entirely Calendargirl. I spent a decade wishing GW was longer and I was wrong.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 11-Mar-22 15:24:23

I don’t enjoy the viewers’ videos, would rather see more of the professionals. Sue Kent is an inspiration.

Coastpath Fri 11-Mar-22 15:29:56

I did enjoy the viewers' videos during lockdown. It felt like social interaction when we were all denied it in reality.

Beechnut Sat 12-Mar-22 09:03:55

I’ve caught up with last night’s GW this morning. It’s my Saturday morning treat.
I enjoy the viewers videos. I like how they show how much the man in the street enjoys their garden and what they are interested in and not just the professional’s passion. ?

winterwhite Sat 12-Mar-22 10:16:49

Anyone else notice the subtle Ukrainian flag? Sowing seeds of perennials, one box delphiniums one box rudbeckia, picture of a border of delphiniums with one of rudbeckia directly beneath. Left on screen for a second or two, no words spoken.
Very moving, well I thought so anyway.