Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

Remembering Greatnan - Carol Sheridan

(63 Posts)
Gagagran Fri 24-Oct-14 11:30:39

I am sure many of us will be thinking of Carol this weekend. It will be a year since she was found and the long search for her came to such a sad end. I hope her family have come to terms with their loss and will be pleased to know that she has not been forgotten here on GN.

granjura Tue 28-Oct-14 16:37:55

flowers

did you ever plant a tree and put a bench up on the hill F? Many of us wanted to contribute to that. xxx

kittylester Tue 28-Oct-14 17:18:05

Thank you for thinking of us at this difficult time kiwifi flowers

kiwifi Tue 28-Oct-14 18:02:51

We have planted lots of trees! I haven't bought a bench yet as for a while I considered selling this house. We moved in the day Mum's car was found, I flew out to France and wasn't involved in unpacking so it took a long time for it to feel like home. I couldn't see the point of keeping a house with a flat that she would never live in. We scattered her ashes on a beautiful mountain that we climbed with her, so she isn't here. I make a monthly donation to a children's charity (Kids Can) in Mum's name and I will go on doing that for as long as I live. I would like to put up a bench for weary travellers somewhere but I haven't found the right place yet. Mum's hearing aid, which I had persuaded her to invest in, went to an elderly lady in the Cook Islands. She had wanted to be an organ donor, under the circumstances that wasn't possible but at least she was still able to help someone else which would have pleased her.

Iam64 Tue 28-Oct-14 18:34:16

Thanks kiwifi for your posts. Thinking of you, and sending loving thoughts x flowers

Galen Tue 28-Oct-14 18:58:04

flowers in memoriam

Marelli Tue 28-Oct-14 19:08:20

Thank you, kiwifi. Your mum will always be remembered by those who 'met' her here on Gransnet. flowers x

moomin Tue 28-Oct-14 20:52:29

Kiwifi flowers

glassortwo Tue 28-Oct-14 21:34:20

Kiwifi flowers

Anne58 Tue 28-Oct-14 21:53:06

I find myself thinking of her at sort of "odd" moments, can't explain but I think she would have understood!

Nelliemoser Tue 28-Oct-14 23:01:54

Very much missed. And nobody else has provided us with such a constant supply of awful jokes to cheer us up. grin

Perhaps we should revisit the old list and start recycling them again. In Carol's Honour.

Grannyknot Wed 29-Oct-14 08:02:27

Isn't it incredible that through the power of the world wide web, Carol's daughter can communicate with us, a whole bunch of strangers, yet all linked by shared experience.

flowers in memory of a Great Gran(snetter).

annodomini Wed 29-Oct-14 09:02:20

Thank you for posting here kiwifi. This week has brought back so many memories - many sad, but even more happy. Your mum was a good friend and an excellent hostess in her little Alpine flat. We had such good times driving around those hair raising mountain roads - and I never had a doubt about her driving ability. And I'd never have got to know her without Gransnet for which I will always be very grateful. With love to you and your family. flowers