Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Are three grannies acceptable?

(55 Posts)
nangran Sun 08-Jul-12 22:07:25

I'd really appreciated advice/support on the situation I'm in.

My eldest daughter had a boy 2 years ago and a daughter a week ago. When my grandson was born I wasn't told my daughter was in hospital until late into her labour - although her father and step-mother had been informed and were there from the beginning. I heard through the grapevine that my grand-daughter was born last week, as my daughter (and her 2 sisters) didn't let me know. This whole nastiness stems from my writing to my daughter explaining how hurt I am that her step-mother has been allowed to take over my role - to the point where my grandchildren are being brought up to call her grandma.

Am I being possessive and silly to feel very hurt and angry that my grandchildren will have three grans in their lives, or is my anxiety grounded? I feel so alone and confused in all of this.

None of my daughter's have contacted me since March this year and I believe I am going to be deprieved of any contact with my two grandchildren from now on

Butternut Mon 09-Jul-12 20:42:09

Apologies goose - smile - Good name.

Goose Tue 10-Jul-12 00:37:58

crimson - thanks crimson, now I finally know who I am but what's in a name:-) I'm not sure about a Hardy connection - it's more to do with a love of ornithology really

Goose Tue 10-Jul-12 11:52:42

Wow! thank you everyone for your messages and interesting discussions flowers It's the first time I've ever used a forum, so I apologise for any mistakes I may have made (everything I don't know about computers I've taught myself). I feel, because of writing here and reading words of wisdom, I am able to cherry-pick some advice - points I'd not considered, and will act on them. Love can be short-sighted, but when it comes to my children and grandchildren, it's blind.

yogagran Tue 10-Jul-12 14:00:00

Quite a lot of us are "forum virgins" Goose - I'm glad that you've found words of wisdom from GN
Stay with us and let us know how things progress