Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

I need your prayers!!!

(330 Posts)
nannynoo Sat 04-Apr-15 16:27:34

Please pray for us as a family

It has been a rough road this past year

As many of you know 3 family members bereavements including my baby Granddaughter at 37 weeks into my older DD's pregnancy

My younger DD becoming an alcoholic before my very eyes which has been sad and heart breaking with my GS in foster care for 9 months , even MORE heart breaking as he is an innocent child in this , with Autism

DD turned up 'under the influence' today for her visit with him , difficult visit , am sure observations were noticed as she is a different person when sober but 9 months in she is still drinking and needs more intense help now

The social worker is coming to look at my assesment again on Thursday re me caring for my GS full time and I am praying it goes well

It is so important to me and I am asking for your prayers

I feel he will be happy , secure and content with me xx

Plus I love him to the moon and beyond!!! x

Rachy911 Sun 12-Jul-15 23:50:43

Hello nannynoo, I am going thru the same process to get my granddaughter. I know exactly how u feel. I hope we both get our happy ending very soon. My GD is only 4 and as I live 400 miles away it's breaking my heart knowing she is in foster care. SW has been to assess me and has recommended me, they now are sending an independent SW to see me. It's a very tough process but we have to be strong for our grandchildren.

nannynoo Mon 13-Jul-15 01:14:31

Hi Rachy I hope yours comes to a happy ending SOON , the quicker she is with you the BETTER , believe me , not just to end our suffering of missing them but for THEIR sake

Sounds like yours will go nice and smoothly , mine didn't at first for the first 8 months unfortunately , but I can't change that now but so glad my GS got his happy ending , or beginning! smile xx

You will do fine I reckon x

Cagsy Tue 14-Jul-15 12:27:41

Nannynoo,
I can't imagine what you are going through or how torn you must be, you love them both and both are so needy - and you only have so much to give. I pray that God will be close, give you strength, give your DD the courage she needs to face up to her problems and that your lovely grandchild's life will be filled with love.
You sound one amazing woman
Cagsy x

Meercat Tue 14-Jul-15 12:41:56

Cagsy There are fantastic updates. Have you seen Nannynoo's latest thread. Don't know how to link to a thread but it is called:

"He's here.."