Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

I need your prayers!!!

(329 Posts)
nannynoo Sat 04-Apr-15 16:27:34

Please pray for us as a family

It has been a rough road this past year

As many of you know 3 family members bereavements including my baby Granddaughter at 37 weeks into my older DD's pregnancy

My younger DD becoming an alcoholic before my very eyes which has been sad and heart breaking with my GS in foster care for 9 months , even MORE heart breaking as he is an innocent child in this , with Autism

DD turned up 'under the influence' today for her visit with him , difficult visit , am sure observations were noticed as she is a different person when sober but 9 months in she is still drinking and needs more intense help now

The social worker is coming to look at my assesment again on Thursday re me caring for my GS full time and I am praying it goes well

It is so important to me and I am asking for your prayers

I feel he will be happy , secure and content with me xx

Plus I love him to the moon and beyond!!! x

Maggiemaybe Sat 04-Apr-15 16:38:33

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, nannynoo. I'm so sorry to hear of all your troubles. flowers

Pittcity Sat 04-Apr-15 16:48:37

Praying for you here too.

Greenfinch Sat 04-Apr-15 16:51:28

Thinking of you and praying for you Nannynoo.You've had a long hard struggle and need to stay calm for your grandson. You will be given the strength. Keep posting.

nannynoo Sat 04-Apr-15 17:07:58

Thank you everyone!!! smile smile

Yes you are right Greenfinch

I asked for peace today and BOY did I need it!!!

It was a stressful visit with DD behaving and saying irrational and inappropriate things including insulting me ( called me a dried up old prune! lol ) and swore in front of my GS and all these things are NOTED ie written down by the contact worker , so I remained calm and did not respond and did my best during the visit for my GS

This 'dried up old prune' might just be the one to help save my GS from being permanently in care because I am willing to do the consistent hard work of raising her son while she is not able to

It is so sad as she texted me after the visit and said ''Mum I need help''

She is not in a good place right now! But I have to concentrate on caring for my GS smile

AshTree Sat 04-Apr-15 17:14:38

I am so sad for you. I will pray for a good outcome for you, your daughter and your poor little grandson who, as you say, is the innocent child in all of this. Keep strong flowers

nightowl Sat 04-Apr-15 17:47:12

nannynoo the best help you can give your DD right now is to focus on your DGS. It sounds contradictory, but there is really nothing you can do for your daughter. She needs to admit she has an ongoing problem and seek help from the right places. Your DGS on the other hand is an innocent victim of all this and your energies would be best directed towards helping him. Without you, your DD runs the risk of losing her son altogether.

I wish you all the very best in your re-assessment flowers

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 04-Apr-15 17:55:57

Aww. I hope you get him full time. Fingers crossed and a prayer (belt and braces smile)

loopylou Sat 04-Apr-15 18:00:35

Very best wishes nannymoo
Hopes and prayers are with you x

merlotgran Sat 04-Apr-15 18:11:24

Thoughts and prayers with you, nannynoo You have a lot on your plate.

soontobe Sat 04-Apr-15 18:12:02

I am praying nannynoo x And will carry on praying.

baubles Sat 04-Apr-15 18:20:50

nannynoo I'm so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you.

Faye Sat 04-Apr-15 18:58:39

nannynoo best wishes and good vibes coming your way. Stay strong. flowers

nannynoo Sat 04-Apr-15 19:38:44

Thank you so much everyone , yes fully agree there is no more I can do for my DD

I gave her the number for Drinkline and said if she is really bad go A & E and as to see a Psyche doctor

She asked if she could stay over for a few days

I did not reply to that text

It is that poor little boy I am focusing on , he has no clue what is going on but needs security and consistency and deserves to be happy and have the rest of his family around him , everyone is missing out because of the actions of 1 person who needs to move forward and get the help she needs

And onwards and upwards for the rest of us! smile x

MrsPickle Sat 04-Apr-15 19:59:59

What a heart rending situation. My thoughts are with you and yours and wishing you the happiest outcome.

glassortwo Sat 04-Apr-15 20:31:42

nannynoo praying for you all.

tanith Sat 04-Apr-15 21:00:21

My thoughts and good wishes are with you nannypoo.

Crafting Sat 04-Apr-15 21:07:40

nannynoo you and your family will be in my prayers. I hope your grandson comes to you as you obviously will give him the love he needs. Come on here for support whenever you need it ((hugs))

NanKate Sat 04-Apr-15 21:36:27

Prayers and lots of positive vibes go to you Nannynoo. flowers

hildajenniJ Sat 04-Apr-15 21:41:44

My thoughts and prayers are with you nannynoo. Two of my DGS's have ASD's and I know how important a stable life is to them, and how much they need a routine. I hope all goes well and your GS comes to live with you, as you will be able to give him love and stability better than anyone else. flowers and [hugs]

jenn Sat 04-Apr-15 22:36:16

hope it all works out

numberplease Sun 05-Apr-15 00:32:08

Nannynoo, I`m not a religious person, but I`m sending all my thoughts and good wishes to you.

Grannyknot Sun 05-Apr-15 08:00:51

nannynoo I pray that your little grandson and you are reunited and that your daughter seeks help for her alcoholism. Never give up hope.

nannynoo Sun 05-Apr-15 08:54:54

Thank you so much

As hard as it is I have to separate my DD's alcoholism from MYSELF otherwise I am torn and I am NOT torn , my loyalties lie with my GS entirely

I think this is what I have to show them that nomatter what my DD says does or tries to do I must not lose focus from my GS or give in to her

It is hard because she is my DD and there is no off switch for the LOVE but it does mean often seperating myself from HER physically as well

In the future if our relationship is restored that will be so good as I do want her to be well and fine , neither of which she is at present so I have to deal with the present situation

KatyK Sun 05-Apr-15 10:37:14

I hope things improve for you soon flowers