Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

I need your prayers!!!

(330 Posts)
nannynoo Sat 04-Apr-15 16:27:34

Please pray for us as a family

It has been a rough road this past year

As many of you know 3 family members bereavements including my baby Granddaughter at 37 weeks into my older DD's pregnancy

My younger DD becoming an alcoholic before my very eyes which has been sad and heart breaking with my GS in foster care for 9 months , even MORE heart breaking as he is an innocent child in this , with Autism

DD turned up 'under the influence' today for her visit with him , difficult visit , am sure observations were noticed as she is a different person when sober but 9 months in she is still drinking and needs more intense help now

The social worker is coming to look at my assesment again on Thursday re me caring for my GS full time and I am praying it goes well

It is so important to me and I am asking for your prayers

I feel he will be happy , secure and content with me xx

Plus I love him to the moon and beyond!!! x

Mishap Sun 05-Apr-15 11:14:40

My thoughts are with you. What a time you are having.

granjura Sun 05-Apr-15 14:15:41

I shall pray for your family in my own way, as I am not religious- and my heart and thoughts are with you.

newist Sun 05-Apr-15 15:01:07

I have been thinking about you and your situation since I read this late last night, I keep trying to put myself in your place as to how I would feel, it must be awful.
I shall pray to my god and keep thinking about you in the hopes that you can feel all the love and support that is surely heading your way from GNetters

debbie15 Sun 05-Apr-15 21:24:17

Hi hope this helps first I feel OK to say this I am an alcoholic six years now without a drink and the only way to go forward is by aa and unfortunate that you can only suggest this to your daughter as if she is not ready she will not want help and keep drinking with the knock on effect lying chaos problems so wish you well will pray not sure allowed to pass mobile on to talk further and private .As for your grandson I am sure he is the world to you and far better with family who love him than in care try get doctors letters friends letter anyone you can think to support your case to have him with you thinking of you all and remember alcohol is an illness x

nannynoo Mon 06-Apr-15 02:18:02

It has been a really hard year and it does not seem to let up

I hope finally we can have some happiness at least the rest of the family for now as it has been too long , 9 months , and I want this separation to end for all our sakes

Even my DD will know at least he is with family rather than in foster care

It has been a long road and I hope we have reached the destination now ie my GS being happy and secure xx

It will take a miracle but I believe miracles happen x

bowerbird Mon 06-Apr-15 06:54:47

Thinking of you. Wish I could give you a big hug.

bowerbird Mon 06-Apr-15 06:55:36

Thinking of you. Wish I could give you a big hug

Grannyknot Mon 06-Apr-15 09:11:44

debbie that's a courageous post that carries a message of hope. Well done you. flowers to you and to nannynoo

Teetime Mon 06-Apr-15 11:59:11

nannynoo flowers flowers flowers I do hope its all ok- rooting for you.

debbie15 Mon 06-Apr-15 13:00:21

To grannyknot thank you we all have to help each other love the flowers xxx

ginny Tue 07-Apr-15 08:58:55

My best wishes to you for a happy ending.

nannynoo Tue 07-Apr-15 21:55:28

I am tired tonight ... tired of waiting , tired of being separated from my GS , tired of walking into his EMPTY ROOM , tired of all the work I have done seeming to be to no avail , tired of grieving and loss and losing my GS to the care system for now , tired of missing him , TIRED OF CRYING , tired of soldiering on and on and on and on with NO results , yes results in me but it not been seen , tired of it ALWAYS being ''am having a hard time'' , tired of it being hard , tired of it NEVER LETTING UP , tired of having some hope and then them saying no , tired of my heart aching , tired of doing and doing and doing but seemingly to no avail , tired of it ALL

I can DEAL with having social services in my life for a very long time and happily working with them - I can DEAL with my DD's alcoholism and everything it brings even though it's hard , what I CANNOT deal with any more is BEING SEPARATED FROM MY GS

I have asked God for this separation to END now for my GS's sake too!!! xx

nannynoo Tue 07-Apr-15 22:02:59

I am going to need your support either way but I HOPE one day that I come on here after having a hard day with my GS and you REMIND me of being in this place , without him and you have my full permission to remind me wink lol

I hope it comes true , even a very bad day with my GS and his Autism is BETTER than no GS with me , so I HOPE that even on the worst day to come with him it will at least be WITH HIM :-) :-) :-) xx

The happiness and relief will be immense and is worth any difficult day with him to come x

bikergran Tue 07-Apr-15 22:15:08

sending good thoughts...

Greenfinch Tue 07-Apr-15 22:28:13

You have had it so so hard nannynoo. Hang on in there! I pray that "all will be well" (Julian of Norwich) for you.

nannieroz111 Tue 07-Apr-15 22:37:29

Thinking of you. Chin up nannynoo

nannynoo Thu 09-Apr-15 13:50:26

Today is SO good!!!

Had my asessment this morning and it went better than I could have possibly thought!!!

They are looking to place my Grandson with me and are pleased with everything smile

Have been crying with relief and just so THANKFUL

Thank you for your support and will let you know what happens , it will be a transitional period first but they are looking to hopefully place him around June

newist Thu 09-Apr-15 14:03:30

I am so very pleased for you, I can only imagine how you must feel, please keep telling us how things are going, I still think about you and your family. Best wishes

rosequartz Thu 09-Apr-15 14:18:31

Thank goodness nannynoo and Thank God (if you believe)

You are right, you can't switch off the love you have for your daughter but you will have to distance yourself from her and her problems for the sake of your DGS.
She is an adult and she knows what she has to do; he is just a child and he needs you now.

flowers

soontobe Thu 09-Apr-15 14:21:01

Hallelujah! smile smile

hildajenniJ Thu 09-Apr-15 14:41:43

What great news nannynoo. You must be on cloud nine!! My DGS's 1 and 2 have ASD's too, and I know how difficult they can be but I live them to bits. I hope all turns out well for you both. Feel free to pm me if you need to let off steam! It's good to talk to others in a similar situation.

nightowl Thu 09-Apr-15 14:59:17

Wonderful news nannynoo! I'm so happy for you x

loopylou Thu 09-Apr-15 15:16:26

Fantastic news!
I'm utterly thrilled for you and your DGS, here's to a brighter future x

nannynoo Thu 09-Apr-15 15:26:47

''The road is long , with many a winding turn , which leads us to who knows where , who knows where , but I'M STRONG ( Thanks be to God! ) strong enough to carry him , he aint heavy , he's my GRANDSON''

The RELIEF I feel is indescribable am still amazed and in shock how things turned around COMPLETELY

baubles Thu 09-Apr-15 15:28:32

Oh nannynoo that is just the very best news! I'm so delighted for you. flowers

I wish your DD strength to fight her addiction.