Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

posting a question

(83 Posts)
patriciaann71 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:02:31

how do I post a question on gransnet forum?

Wendysue Sun 06-Mar-16 08:36:17

So deeply sorry about the fire, newlife! What a horrible experience!

In a sense, you must be grieving for some of your lost items/your lost home. (((Hugs))) I don't think you should make any major decisions until you're resettled and past the worst part of your sorrow.

How painful DD's comment must have been! Did she say it to you directly or did you hear it from someone else? If that was truly her reaction, then... well... words fail me.

I would be wary of a solicitor who led you to "believe most applications are successful." I'm not even sure what that means. Are they saying that you're likely to get a hearing? Well, sure you are. Or are they saying that most GPs win? Cuz to my knowledge very few win their cases. The solicitor may, unfortunately, just be out for the money. If I were you, I would seek a second opinion.

sukiedimes Mon 31-Aug-20 11:32:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sukiedimes Mon 31-Aug-20 13:53:11

Grandmabatty Mon 31-Aug-20 20:25:50

You need to start your own thread on your concern sukie not add to this old one. For what it's worth, I know you are worried but this is none of your business and I would suggest you stop saying anything/giving unwarranted advice as your dgd's parents are not happy with it and you will lose any relationship with the family if you keep on butting in.

Franbern Wed 02-Sep-20 11:33:40

Sukie- please do not risk falling out with our DiL and Son on this matter. Children do grow at different rates, and often go through times when they seem to be putting on weight and fat, then - just as suddenly - they 'stretch' out and all gets back to good.
If you g.daughter is seriously overweight or obese it is likely to be picked up at school (now they are back), and advice given.
Anything you try to do or say will be taken as a criticism on the parenting by your DiL and Son - just think how you would have reacted to such criticism, back when your own son and daughter were small.
G.parents are not substitute parents, nor are they the fountain of only good child rearing knowledge. They should be there to love, slightly spoil and to be totally supportive in every way possible of the parents.

SEstelle Thu 03-Sep-20 11:39:15

I'm not sure if I am posting in the right area or not, it's my first time, but I really need advice. I have a step son who has four children by two moms and now a third young lady is pregnant with number five. The two oldest grandchildren and their mom has live with my husband and I for seven years and ndndcwe get along well. The two youngest grandchildren mother never really been there for her kids. She visits when she wants an hour or two a week. My step son has full custody of two youngest kids. I had a problem yesterday with the youngest grandkids mom coming to my house trying to take my granddaughter who two that my husband and I raised cause she was arguing with my daughter and the new mom. Senseless drama between three women and I put in center of. So my step son came and yoom our granddaughter and said it was nothing to do with us but now he has to go to court houses cause sh ed threaten emergency custody. I'm so lost and hurt that our granddaughter we raised was taken from us.

sukiedimes Mon 07-Sep-20 13:33:25

Grandmabatty

Thank you for your comment on the concern I currently have.

I am finding grandsnet extremely difficult to fathom (even though I am totally savvy with the internet) this site defeats me. I cannot for the life of me find how to begin a new thread. But thank you for your take on this worry.

Marydoll Mon 07-Sep-20 14:08:32

sukiedimes, it's quite simple to start a thread.

Go to FORUMS at the top of the page.
Choose the theme you think is most suitable for your post. e.g Chat, Site Stuff etc
Click on New Discussion.

Just remember to give an idea of what your thread is about in the title. It's likely to attract more readers that way.

It's always best to preview, when starting a new thread, just in case there are errors.

Good luck!

Buffy Tue 06-Oct-20 11:39:44

Don’t laugh, I have been worried for some time about my middle grandson’s flat feet! He is now nearly 9 and walks and runs so awkwardly and with splayed feet. I mentioned it to my daughter who said she’d never noticed. I think he needs some sort of therapy or shoe inserts. He obviously isn’t bothered and I don’t want him to become self conscious about it but I think it needs correcting and the sooner the better. What can I do? Advice please.

Marydoll Tue 06-Oct-20 19:58:41

Buffy, your post will get lost on this thread.
You need to start one of your own, there will be more chance of a response.

If you mention the problem in your title, someone will hopefully respond.

KatB Wed 14-Oct-20 03:49:23

KatB Wed 14-Oct-20 14:02:27

I'm new to this site and posted asking for advice. I see you suggested that someone put a subject as their title but I don't see where I can do this.

Marydoll Wed 14-Oct-20 14:10:10

Go to Forums. at the top of the page
Choose which forum topic you wish to post on
Choose New Discussion
Fill in your title
Write your post
Preview for errors
Post!

RedPanda Thu 02-Sep-21 20:19:01

Hello everyone, I've heard of middle aged spread but literally over the last 4 weeks my middle has expanded and everything is uncomfortable and tight. I'm not eating more and it's quite depressing, has anyone else experienced this? I'm 58.

Grandmabatty Thu 02-Sep-21 20:51:27

Lizzy60 Fri 03-Sep-21 06:19:21

We don't post personal photos online anywhere , why would anyone do this ? Whatever happened to private family life !

welbeck Fri 03-Sep-21 19:03:26

RedPanda

Hello everyone, I've heard of middle aged spread but literally over the last 4 weeks my middle has expanded and everything is uncomfortable and tight. I'm not eating more and it's quite depressing, has anyone else experienced this? I'm 58.

have you thought of discussing this with your GP.
might be worth a call.

Sixtysix Mon 06-Dec-21 23:43:50

We had planned a family new year at my stepdaughter house. My single parent daughter can't make it now( she has 2 dogs & no one to care for them overnight) so hubby & I said we would bring her 2 kids with us & she can enjoy new years eve with friends as she hasn't been out for 10 yrs! When I told my SD she asked me not to bring my daughters 2 children. We are upset because her 2 will obviously be there & my sons little boy is going with his mum & dad. Feel as though she thinks they not part of the family so I got to tell her we not going now because we can't let daughter down & also want to be with our 2 GC . She just said don't bring them. Are we being over sensitive. They were very excited to see their cousins & now its not happening . What do you think?

Sixtysix Mon 06-Dec-21 23:47:52

New year upset

lemsip Tue 07-Dec-21 00:01:17

I see the original OP thread posted back in ... Fri 19-Feb-16.... 5 years ago!
How can you find old threads from back then as I would like to see what I can revive!

CanadianGran Tue 07-Dec-21 03:33:38

Hi Sixtysix. You really should start a new thread about this, you will get more people looking at it.

I would stay at home with your daughter's children since you already told her you would take them. Your DIL sounds a bit mean, Has she given you a reason why?

BlueBelle Tue 07-Dec-21 07:38:53

This is older than the hills and full of a variety of problems

PLEASE folks start a new thread for each problem or you will never be heard your post will be lost in the melee of concerns and upsets

Sixtysix Tue 07-Dec-21 09:12:29

Hi canadian gran. We intend to stay home with the 2 grandkids & happy to do so. My stepdaughter finds them too lively for her perfect kids I think. She always has her own way & it is her house but i think it's mean to exclude them. They are very much family too. We also feel for them because they have no family on their dads side that show any interest in them at all. Without us they only have my daughter.

Milliefriend Mon 13-Dec-21 11:37:38

Expensive new leather walking boots that are a bit too narrow in width- any ideas for stretching them would be appreciated

Sundays Sun 26-Dec-21 19:58:31

Hi everyone hope you’ve had a lovely Christmas .
I need help with a dilemma I face
My 18 month granddaughter sleeps in the parents double bed with one of her parents at home .. mostly father , when she is at mine she sleeps in her cot , I’ve tried to mention to my son in law they should take the cot to there’s but he says it’s too late to get her used to a cot ,
Needless to say watching this is making me very angry because my gd is very clingy to her dad and cries when he leaves the room .. any comments much appreciated