Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Big day for two DGC!

(30 Posts)
Wheniwasyourage Mon 15-Aug-16 18:06:45

Today the eldest DGC started secondary school and the youngest started primary school. It seems no time since they were babies!

Need less to say, the weather has suddenly changed for the better (not difficult) and as the schools here go back tomorrow, I expect that the sun will now continue to shine.

shysal Tue 06-Sep-16 14:35:55

My youngest grandson started secondary school yesterday, and DD, an experienced TA, started work at the local primary school. Both got on fine, found everyone friendly. DD struggled to remember the names of about 15 blonde girls with plaits!

pollyperkins Tue 06-Sep-16 14:43:46

I'm told by my granddaughter age 10 that French Plaits are all th rage at the moment!

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 06-Sep-16 14:49:10

My younger GS started secondary school today too. I have worried more about him than I ever did about the other kids in my life. He has an August birthday so he will be a year younger than most in his class. DD assures me he went in very confidently though. smile So grown up now. Sigh.

shysal Tue 06-Sep-16 15:05:07

I had the job of making DGS's new slim fit school trousers narrower. He can just about get his foot into them! Little things can cause upset when starting a new school where he doesn't have any friends, and he was anxious about not looking trendy!

When I began at Grammar School I was devastated that a girl stole my comb on the first day. I had previously been at a small private school and didn't know a soul. I cried all day at first and hated the whole of my time there due to my shyness. I wouldn't wish that on any of my DGCs!