Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Could this be some kind of sibling rivalry or jealousy?

(31 Posts)
icbn2802 Tue 14-Mar-17 14:17:35

Just spoken to my daughter again. Basically think it's just a case of as she wouldn't want second hand stuff she's assuming her sister wouldn't either. I think I'm just a bit paranoid worrying unnecessarily that there may be tensions or rivalry developing. I'm an only child so I don't understand about that kind of thing.

Anya Tue 14-Mar-17 14:09:44

Just ask.

Ana Tue 14-Mar-17 13:27:54

Yes, why on earth can't you just ask the expectant mum whether she'd like the things? What's it got to do with your other daughter?

tanith Tue 14-Mar-17 13:21:29

You don't really need her 'permission' to offer them as they are in your house anyway, I'd just offer them before they go to the charity shop, you never know she might grateful.

nina1959 Tue 14-Mar-17 13:03:24

icbn2802

I dropped some stuff off at a charity shop last week and a very young couple were pleading for baby stuff. They looked like they had very little and it sounded like they'd appreciate anything offered.

icbn2802 Tue 14-Mar-17 12:58:26

I recently learnt that I'm to become a nana for the 2nd time. I still have a few baby bits stored in my spare bedroom-daughter said she didn't want them, claiming her son would be her one & only child. Now my other daughter is expecting I've been aaking the mum of the 3 year old whether it's worth keeping hold of these 'bits' for when her sister has her baby. On each occasion she's basically saying 'no-I doubt she'd want it' not a hint of a suggestion that it's an idea even worth considering. I must admit its stumped me a bit. And I'm not even sure how I should feel & indeed what to do with these baby bits, trying to have a ruthless & long overdue declutter.
Do I just get rid & say no more or offer these bits to the expectant mum? Feel a bit torn to be honest but don't want to get it wrong.