Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

What do your grandchildren want to do when they grow up?

(62 Posts)
Galen Wed 21-Jun-17 18:20:58

Dinosaurs

tiggypiro Wed 21-Jun-17 18:20:48

My 3yr old wants to be "a fire motorbike really fast racing driver". His 7yr old brother wants to be an architect.

granzilla Wed 21-Jun-17 17:48:18

4 year old DGD informed her 7 year old brother that she wanted to be a princess.
He informed her that she couldn't as you have to be born to it or marry a prince.
She replied that in that case 'I'll be a Queen then'.
He just rolled his eyes.smile

shysal Wed 21-Jun-17 17:34:16

GS1(18) - wants to dance on the west End stage, going to Uni to study musical theatre dance in September.

GD(16) - Something in fashion. Going into the 6th form in Sept.

GS2 (12) - Footballer.

GS3 (17) - Wants to join GCHQ. Hoping to learn some Russian soon. Currently in 6th form.

GS4 (15) - Rock guitarist or music technician.

GS5 (13) - Footballer.

gillybob Wed 21-Jun-17 16:59:34

My three change their minds so often its hard to keep track. Mind you they are all still very young so plenty time yet.

They are all sporty so whatever they do I hope they continue to enjoy their sports.

TriciaF Wed 21-Jun-17 16:28:21

The only 2 that I know about are both girls.
The eldest is already nearly 21, she has followed her Dad by doing an apprenticeship as an industrial electrician. She has a job now and everyone is proud of her.
The other girl is 13 and very sporty. She wants to do sports studies at university. And I expect she will, knowing how determined she is.
I don't know about the others - eldest boy 15,isn't at all sporty but is doing well at school. The others in India, who are younger, are having a good education, but sadly I haven't seen enough of them to find out what their interests are.

Anniebach Wed 21-Jun-17 16:02:38

Mine are on the way to their career choices, well the youngest will be if she gets her grades in August.

gillybob Wed 21-Jun-17 15:58:28

I always fancied bleeping the stuff through a checkout... seems pretty straight forward and relatively stress free.

kittylester Wed 21-Jun-17 15:54:56

It changes day to day with my dgc.

DD1 wanted to be a hairdresser or work in 'the paying kiosk at the garage - where the sweets are'.

gillybob Wed 21-Jun-17 15:48:17

I wonder what he thinks an electric policeman does hilda? smile

Funnily enough I could see either of my DGD's as farmers as they are both very at home working in the stables and are not put off by anything. They both went to witness the birth of a friends foal recently and weren't bothered in the slightest. Thoroughly enjoyed it and gave me every gory detail . Definitely not for DGS though as he hates dirt and even at 7 is a bit of a tidy freak.

hildajenniJ Wed 21-Jun-17 15:40:09

My granddaughter age 10 has wanted to be a hairdresser since she could talk. Nowadays this has developed into hair and makeup plus prosthetics in the film industry.
Grandson 1 wants to be a farmer. As for grandsons 2 and 3, they are not sure, although the youngest talks about being an electric policeman. confused

gillybob Wed 21-Jun-17 14:58:17

Chatting with my three yesterday tea time, we got onto the subject of what they want to do when they grow up.

DGD 1 (aged 11) very bright, sensible, sporty but quiet and timid. Wants to be a Contortionist (??) or a Scientist or a Show jumper.

DGD 2 (aged 9) very bright, funny, very sporty, arty and witty. Wants to be a gymnast or a professional footballer or a police officer or a jockey or a cartoonist.

DGS (aged 7) IS going to be a professional footballer and after he has finished (when he's about 37 his dads age which he must think is ancient) he will be a firefighter or a police officer.

Funny how they think isn't it?