Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Children or G.children - who do you care for most?

(81 Posts)
nanaK54 Sat 07-Oct-17 16:24:44

Completely agree with Luckygirl I couldn't possibly choose I love them all so very much

MissAdventure Sat 07-Oct-17 16:13:39

My daughter is the person I love most in this world. Always has been, and always will be.

norose4 Sat 07-Oct-17 15:57:05

I would say I love them equally, but the responsibility for their upbringing is not mine,( unless Nanny is babysitting !) so I do feel a slightly less intense version of love & am happy to relinquish that overwhelming sense of responsibility that comes with child care/ rearing, in fact I am scared of forgetting the do's & don'ts issued by the parents when I am in charge of DGC.

Luckygirl Sat 07-Oct-17 15:41:58

I love 'em all! - I have not quantified it! - and can see no reason to.

Lona Sat 07-Oct-17 15:40:54

I agree totally Franbern, I adore my grandchildren, but I don't love them more than my children. They aren't my responsibility, they are the bonus of my old age!

Franbern Sat 07-Oct-17 15:16:31

Am I the ONLY Mother/GrandMother who does not love her g.children more than she loves her own children. I am fortunate in that all my g.children were planned and much loved. I do love them - as an extension of the love for their Mums (only my daughters have children).
When my first g.child was born and people kept asking me about him, all I could think was that I had had the most beautiful wonderful babies in the world - and that nothing could ever equal those.
I hear and read of other g.parents who seem to be totally OTT regarding their g.children, and often there seems to be a not very good relationship with their own offspring.
When I visit /am visited the person I am most anxious to see and to speak to is my own child. Fortunately, my daughters accept this (with amusement).
I am always there to help out with g.children and attend school concerts, sports comps, etc. etc. And am delighted when they do well.
But, TBH - as long as my own children (however old they are) are happy, then I am happy, and if my g.children assist in making them happy then that bubble of love will extend to them also. But never as much as the way I love my own kids.