Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Easter Eggs. Do you still buy them?

(93 Posts)
Jodieb Thu 11-Mar-21 17:22:25

I have two GS's 20 and 18 and a GD 14. Have just bought their E/eggs. I wonder thou' do you keep on buying them? Probably the boys would prefer beer. Do you still buy them for your AGC?

Yammy Fri 12-Mar-21 12:33:21

Yes I buy eggs for the gc this year M&S letterbox selection.
When we were all at home we used to see who could come up with a small egg that was a different brand or flavour. We also dyed boiled eggs a tradition where I come from.

Janburry Fri 12-Mar-21 12:36:06

Buy easter eggs for the GC who live near and send £5 each to my two GS who live away oh and DH and l have one each ?

NotSpaghetti Fri 12-Mar-21 12:39:44

We buy "special" grown-up eggs for our adult children. The grandchildren have book tokens and something tiny such as a small Lindt bunny.
We know the other grandparents buy eggs and our own children create egg hunts for their little ones (as we used to do).

I love Easter with its sense of renewal and new life.
????????????

Fernhillnana Fri 12-Mar-21 12:51:13

Just had a delivery of 7 from Holland and Barrett. That’s everyone sorted including myself. All vegan too.

Craftycat Fri 12-Mar-21 12:57:10

I have up till now but I still have the selection boxes upstairs that I bought them for Christmas . I sent them all money instead of presents so they could get what they wanted.Lockdown came in & no-one could visit us. We are still in lockdown so maybe I will just do as I did at Christmas & send cash- it is better for the older ones anyway.

Tickledpink Fri 12-Mar-21 13:16:26

Yes I will be buying Easter eggs or bunnies for the GC and chocolates for the adults. My mum 85 now, was buying us all Easter eggs and selection boxes at Xmas before lockdown.

MelanieGreen Fri 12-Mar-21 13:28:03

I love buying special gifts for my family, this year more than ever. I’ve looked at a lot of sites for Easter goodies and decided I liked the M&S range best. Both my children and their families live far from us, we moved when we retired, so I’ve ordered a hamper for daughter which has non chocolate goodies as well. Our son and family are getting the equivalent in money as he has said no Easter eggs this year, it was his birthday recently and he had an enormous chocolate cake which took them ages to eat. Happy Easter to all

Sarnia Fri 12-Mar-21 13:31:05

I buy eggs for my children & grandchildren and the weekend before Easter I provide small Easter eggs for the food bank.

Jillybird Fri 12-Mar-21 13:33:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tibbs Fri 12-Mar-21 14:19:27

Buy lots of eggs for children, grandchildren, hubby but I don’t get one☹️ Make my daughter an Easter wreath for her porch door.

Polly4t42 Fri 12-Mar-21 14:20:26

I buy eggs for my grandson now aged 4 yrs and for the last 2 yrs we have had an Easter egg hunt in our garden just 6 little hollow eggs and he eats one then and the others go in the fridge and he has one about every three days for his pudding. This year I will get him an egg in a mug as he needs a bigger mug for his drinks at our house. His 18 th month old sister will get a baby lamb soft toy that I bought from Wiltshire wildlife trust.

Abuelana Fri 12-Mar-21 14:22:21

I buy them for all the family 21 months up to my 73 year old husband ?

Tibbs Fri 12-Mar-21 14:22:28

I buy eggs for children & grandchildren & hubby, though I don’t get one. I also make an Easter wreath for my daughters porch door.

2mason16 Fri 12-Mar-21 15:02:53

I've just packed a shoe box size parcel for the GC's and son and Dil, with packs of mini chocolate orange flavour eggs, small choc bee lollys, and money for a treat. Such a pity we can't see them. Our other GC's in Australia have been sent money to buy eggs this year, but have to do so quickly before they melt outside! ??

Clevedon Fri 12-Mar-21 15:42:47

Yes I buy them for my grandson and AC. ?

Caro57 Fri 12-Mar-21 16:16:46

No - waste of money - look at the price / kg compared to the same chocolate in a bar

Lizbethann55 Fri 12-Mar-21 16:20:43

So pleased that most of you still do, because I do too. Our AC get them as well as our 2 DGC. A mixture of big ones, little ones and chocolate bunnies. We usually get them from Thornton's with their names iced on them, but this year it will be whatever the supermarkets have to offer. Aldi Easter eggs are very good. My DH and I also get something exceptionally lovely for us to share. How much longer is it till Easter? I'm starving!!?

lemongrove Fri 12-Mar-21 16:23:14

Not for the AC, but I do give flowers. The DGC are given small Lindt bunnies each ( even the teenager) and a present or bit of cash.No Easter eggs for ourselves as we don’t eat chocolate.

glammanana Fri 12-Mar-21 16:28:21

DD always has a Thorntons egg with her name on she is 49,grown up son''s 38 & 45 would stamp their feet if they didn't get a Terry's Choc Orange its tradition here,3 smallest DGC & GGCs get small eggs and a present from the Easter Bunny.

Witzend Fri 12-Mar-21 16:35:51

I’ll be buying a small one for each Gdc (they don’t get a lot) a bigger one for dh, and something chocolately for dds - one of them loves Ferrero Rocher so that’s easy. The other is more into Hotel Chocolat type stuff.
Dh always buys me one, too.

Last year I knitted chicks in eggs* for little Gdcs but TBH they were much more interested in the mini chocolate eggs I put inside, so I don’t think I’ll be making anything this year.,

*Theres a free pattern on Alan Dart’s website, in case anyone would like to know.

Retired65 Fri 12-Mar-21 16:43:26

Yes, I still buy them for my grown up children aged 31 and 29. I also buy one for my husband. No one buys one for me so I buy myself one.

Alioop Fri 12-Mar-21 16:53:31

We have stopped Easter Eggs this year. All kids grown up now and adults complaining about Lockdown weight gain, so no one wants chocolate. I'm going to bake shortbread in shapes of bunnies, etc, and put in little bags. Still not a healthy option though lol

Elvis58 Fri 12-Mar-21 17:46:00

Yes, l used to do an easter egg hunt when l lived nearer.But will send their mothers money to buy an eggs.They are 15, 2 at 12, 1 at 5.

mrsba Fri 12-Mar-21 19:23:55

I buy Fairtrade chocolate bars from a charity, no plastic/cardboard waste and a charity benefits too.

CBBL Fri 12-Mar-21 19:50:17

Yes, we buy them for each other - my husband and I. There are no small children in the family, youngest grandchildren are grown ups!