Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

soops kindly kitcheners and perfect pampered pets.

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 14-Jan-17 17:45:15

This kitchen will be ready for those who care to share...smile

Bellanonna Sun 15-Jan-17 11:56:00

What a beautiful cat Glamma

Galen Sun 15-Jan-17 11:57:02

Crafting thanks for the good wishes. Unfortunately Gary and Kate are in Tenerife for the week, so I have seen no one since Wednesday I'm also bedroom bound due to the breathlessness.
I do feel a little better today and will see if I can manage a shower later.
Love to all in the kitchen

Bellanonna Sun 15-Jan-17 12:02:32

How are you eating, Galen?

Galen Sun 15-Jan-17 12:08:25

I've had one Eccles cake since tues. I can't get to cook and not hungry anyway.
Unfortunately I'm hardly likely to fade away.
I'm attend a course on Wednesday and a tribunal on fri so I'm going to try and get up and about tomorrow

cornergran Sun 15-Jan-17 12:16:43

Worrying about you there in your own galen, it's a horrid bug and so much worse if there's no one to make you a drink or a snack. Hope it leaves you quickly. Please don't join those of us who have had it for weeks! Just be careful out there as they used to say on Hill Street Blues (anyone else remember that American police series?).

cornergran Sun 15-Jan-17 12:23:25

Memory like a sieve today. Meant to compliment Oliver, glammanana, he's very handsome. I know little of cats, my Mum was terrified of them and Mr C is seriously allergic to cat fur. I enjoy seeing and hearing about all the kitchen pets, hope to have a dog to bring along one day.

Galen Sun 15-Jan-17 12:25:36

I'm a survivor

Galen Sun 15-Jan-17 12:25:54

So I'm told

thatbags Sun 15-Jan-17 12:25:54

soop is sitting at home turning the air blue. She can't get online at the moment. Save her a cheese scone. I'll deliver a batch of Baggy Flapjack once soop is restored to the Kitchen.

Charleygirl Sun 15-Jan-17 12:59:25

glamma I am going to creep in and do a cat swap. Oliver looks gorgeous- maybe you can tolerate Tara's screaming for me to get up or open a door for her. I will not see her until 8pm ish this evening.

Galen I do hope that your stair lift is now working properly because that would be a major buggeration if it wasn't. As you are aware you may lose weight now but it will soon pile on again once life is back to normal.

Hopefully life will return to normal soon in the soop household. No doubt it has not bothered Rory.

Bellasnana Sun 15-Jan-17 13:13:05

Another new kitchen extension! I will pass on the goodies as I've just had a bowl of porridge with a banana sliced on top for my lunch, well brunch really as I didn't have breakfast.

Glamma, what a splendid cat Oliver is ❤️ By coincidence, my dog's name, before I adopted him, was Oliver. As my DS is also an Oliver I thought it might be a bit confusing so changed the dog's name to Buzz grin

It is wet and cold in Malta at present. Winter is definitely not my favourite season. Roll on spring.

To all you poorly people, I hope you soon feel better. I've said this before, but I find a good slosh with Listerine Zero mouthwash after brushing the teeth seems to prevent catching colds. I know it's not a scientific fact, but it certainly works for me. (Hope I haven't tempted fate shock)

Galen Sun 15-Jan-17 13:33:31

I thought Malta was always warm?

soop Sun 15-Jan-17 13:38:35

Here we are again,
Happy as can be,
All good Granspals
And jolly good company.
Never mind the weather,
Never mind the rain,
As long as we're together...Woops she's goes again.
La de dah de dah
La de dah de dee
All good pals and jolly good company.

I have been attempting to open the new kitchen door for a very long time. The language, as bags says, was most unladylike. Thank you bags for passing on the message. The buggeration of it all has left me extremely hungry. It's good to happen across the calorie-free, home-baked cupcake AND rice pudding. I love rice pudding. I shall pour some cream over my slab portion and stir over a low heat until it softens. I shall also add some sultanas. I wish.

I hardly expected to find so much activity in the new kitchen. You lot continue to amaze me.

Galen Like corner, I too have been wondering what it is you're living on. One Eccles cake! No way can that be good for you. You need to build up your strength.

Bellanonna Wow! Now that's what I call a very handsome cat. It would offend Rory if he was to hear me say such a thing. I shall keep my thoughts to myself. Ever since Rory's incident at the vet's surgery, he had been reminded repeatedly that he is such a good boy... You know how it is. wink

Galen Sun 15-Jan-17 13:43:04

I will go down later and try to scramble an egg
Now, let me think:- I need one egg, a cement mixer and a blow torch!

soop Sun 15-Jan-17 14:05:31

Izabella Delicious cheese scones. Keep baking. They appear to be vanishing far too quickly.

granniequeenie Lemon cake AND a beautiful photograph of a robin. Thank you. A pretty wren has been fluttering around one of the shrubs outside the window. They are such perfect wee birds.

Crafting To be greeted by an animal, especially a dog that loves/likes/ depends upon you, is such a treat. Unlike dogs, cats are far too snooty to make a fuss when members of the family staff walk through the door.

annsixty When the new handbag arrives...we nosy individuals would like a photo please. I've scarves that haven't seen the light of day. I happen to have a thing for such accessories. One of these days I shall lay them on the bed, before returning them neatly folded to the chest of drawers.

anno Sky is slate-grey hereabouts. There is a light mist shrouding the peaks. No snow. In fact, it's extremely mild.

Nelliem callgirl1 DaphneB Charleygirl and kittylester I've laundered all the tartan rugs and such. Should we be joined by any new Granspal, please will you make sure that there is a comfortable chair, a cupcake and a brew

soop Sun 15-Jan-17 14:08:33

Bellasnana I have porridge for my breakfast. I like it topped with blueberries and a dollop of natural Greek-style yogurt. smile

soop Sun 15-Jan-17 14:10:38

Galen Why not a bowl of nourishing porridge? Please do take care. You will be feeling light-headed. Us lot care.

Galen Sun 15-Jan-17 14:21:06

Oats are for horses (quote Dr Johnson)

soop Sun 15-Jan-17 14:23:36

grin Tyke!

Away to reduce a Monroe of ironing. Providing the connection continues to oblige, I shall return for catch up later this afternoon.

Galen Sun 15-Jan-17 14:50:17

Well just got up and had a very quick shower. Came all over wobbly ( no bits please note) so retired to bed to recover

Crafting Sun 15-Jan-17 15:23:49

Probably lightheaded from lack of food. Please be careful Galen and do try and get something to eat soon.

Lovely photo of oliver. He looks very cuddly.

soop is now back in the kitchen bags (hint, hint) A flapjack or two would be nice grin

soop Sun 15-Jan-17 16:40:11

Galen For goodness sake, stay put until you feel stronger.

Crafting bags will be slaving over a hot oven. She knows that a few batches of her famous flapjacks are required before bedtime. wink

About to wash my hair. A job I dread. After which, I shall read the Sunday paper and enjoy a brew...then, at six o'clock precisely, I shall raise a glass of wine to toast the good health of all our Granspals. Especially those of you who are not feeling perky. Wishing every one of you a very peaceful evening. Thank you for making me smile. I've said it before...I shall say it again...you are the tops. flowers]

soop Sun 15-Jan-17 17:20:49

I have just remembered that I wanted to send a message to Swanny. I appreciate that some people regard the kitchen as a total waste of space. But many enjoy the virtual companionship of like-minded Gransnetters, such as you. As far as I'm aware, we neither wish nor do harm, and the sharing of personal experiences is surely a good thing. Long may it remain so. Please excuse the iffy grammar. smile

soop Sun 15-Jan-17 17:21:09

moon

Izabella Sun 15-Jan-17 17:29:48

Belladonna pleased you enjoyed the scones and glamma Oliver is just wonderful. We are just home with a (belated) very welcome Christmas hamper. Lovely. Sitting by the range unpacking all sorts of goodies. I fancy a chocolate snowman next!!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion