Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

soops kindly kitcheners and perfect pampered pets.

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 14-Jan-17 17:45:15

This kitchen will be ready for those who care to share...smile

NanaandGrampy Tue 14-Feb-17 12:09:59

Sadly Grey no second viewing. There's been some sort of communication issue between them and the agents. So having lit a fuse under the agents they are trying to find out what happened.

So , that's another morning we won't get back ! Hmmmmmph!

I loathe ironing and when I worked paid my daughter to do it. Now retired I have to do it myself so you have my sympathies.

That's sad Charley I hope his wife improves soon. Did Tara get a fright do you think which made her want to stay indoors?

Hope MacS journey isn't too bad and all for a bit of red tape eh?

I was wondering how Georgie was too , hopefully an update later.

Greyduster Tue 14-Feb-17 12:04:07

N&G what a handsome lad he is!

Greyduster Tue 14-Feb-17 12:03:26

Oh Lord, Ann I'm off again! I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!! He's such a sweetie! I wonder how Georgie and Jud are today?

N&G that's a brilliant way to describe Minecraft! I hope you have positive vibes from your second time viewers.

Well, I was going to go out in the garden today. It was either that or a large pile of ironing I didn't do the other day, so the ironing won. I sent the under gardener out with his instructions for a St Valentine's Day massacre of some dying shrubs and my clematis, and left him to it. They have been replacing street lights on the other side of our garden wall and both the pathway and the earth border in which my carefully nurtured small box hedge is planted are a total mess. The big hole, and contents of said hole, have been there since before Christmas and I am going to jump up and down if they don't sort it out soon.

Glad Tara is more herself, charley and that you enjoy the rest day from your builders, but the problem with his wife sounds a bit traumatic to say the least!

Soop I hope McS has a successful day in Oban. I have only been there once. We spent the day there and it rained so hard when we got back to the car park the water was half way up the wheels of the car. In truth, we spent a fair amount of time going round the distillery. Oban is still my favourite malt - I am just about down to the bottom of my latest bottle sad! It has to be a special treat.

NanaandGrampy Tue 14-Feb-17 12:01:22

Oh he's lovely ann .

They must be so excited !!

Sam is back from the groomers , he looks like they used a knife and fork to cut his fur and took way too much off. This is the second time I've been less than thrilled...time for a new groomer I think.

annsixty Tue 14-Feb-17 11:12:19

Here is Stevie G ( Liverpool fans will understand) he is 3 weeks old and can be picked up on March 25th. The family can't wait.

Charleygirl Tue 14-Feb-17 10:43:20

Does Sam enjoy his trip to be an extra super doggy model, smelling of roses?

I do keep my fingers crossed that the 2nd time viewers like your home even more, especially when they smell the coffee. At least Grampy can have a rest if Sam is being beautified.

The sun is out here and Tara has ventured out, the first time in over a week- what on earth happened to her last week I wonder. She has now caught up with sleep.

The builders are having a day off from this house today-the plasterer's wife was taken to hospital yesterday and is in an induced coma. He rang home expecting to speak with her but the ambulance crew answered the phone instead so he left here hurriedly. He wanted to come today, everybody including myself said a resounding no. I personally think that he should be with her tomorrow also but tomorrow is another day.

NanaandGrampy Tue 14-Feb-17 10:32:01

Morning all and a Happy Valentines Day to you all.

It has been well celebrated this morning across our family ( I know not everyone bothers but THIS family would celebrate the opening of a paper bag !!)

I work on the principle that people aren't like that wot , my gran used to say expect the best of people and you'll get the best. Doesn't always work of course smile but if any things missing I know who it was !

Sorry to hear you've been poorly Dusty , is it improving at all?

Your poor Grandaughter Kitty ! And poor you . I can cope with this sort of thing but it makes poor Grampy join in !

Maw I'm sorry to hear you'rehands are bad , is there anything that helps ? Apart from servants ? smile

Grey and soop we too have minecraft fans. Their Mum says it's like digital Lego . They certainly enjoy it. The two smaller boys are big Pokemon fans , in fact I have Pokemon go on my phone which Jackson checks for me . I drive Grampy nuts in the shopping centre where there are lots of Pokemon to capture . He's always saying'stop playing that game' lol

Enjoy your new car Corner. I picked up mine on Christmas Eve and I still can't make half the stuff work but it has an onboard sat nav that is SO polite it always says please !!

So glad you're fine Lona !! What a relief that must be x

Sams just gone off to be gussied up. We had to febreeze him after his walk yesterday because he was smelling distinctly doggy . The groomers collected him at 10 and he'll be back by 11:30 smelling like a new dog .

We're waiting for our 2nd time viewers .

Have a good day all!

cornergran Tue 14-Feb-17 09:53:38

soop, I'm with charley, what a dreadful waste of time and energy. Hope the dust is interesting! A bit miserable here, the flipping germs are back. Mr C has been snuffling (loudly) and coughing (even louder) all night, my throat is like sandpaper. Seriously fed up but onwards! Off to the dentist then back for a quiet day. Need to go to our friend tomorrow who has run out of fresh food so will have a quiet afternoon. The foibles of the car are on hold smile.

soop Tue 14-Feb-17 09:07:12

I shall be visiting the ladies in the care home this morning. By the time I return, we may need to open a new kitchen. All will be well. We'll have virtual [cupcakes] and wine and brew for all to share. xxx

Charleygirl Tue 14-Feb-17 09:07:00

soop what on earth would have happened if he could not drive or you did not have a car? A totally unnecessary expense.

I have been up before 6.30am doing zilch, admiring the dust from the building work.

soop Tue 14-Feb-17 08:48:07

Morni' all. A tad early for me. Bet loads of you lot have been up, dressed, breakfasted, house-cleaned, walked the dogs and back to spend a leisurely day on the sofa with a good man book.

MacSporran has to travel 140 mile round trip to Oban. Why? Because he's never had a passport. At 76 he now needs one in order to attend granddaughter's wedding in Amsterdam. There used to be an office in Campbeltown to which one could attend for a video like-up with passport people. It has been closed for such purposes. Nearest venue is Oban. Bless him, he's on his way as I type.

callgirl1 Mon 13-Feb-17 23:56:47

I`m pleased that things went reasonably well Lona.
MawB, do as you are bid!

Swanny Mon 13-Feb-17 22:39:22

Goodnight soop and all Granspals. Thanks for being there. Sleep well and see you in the morning xx

soop Mon 13-Feb-17 22:10:33

I couldn't log off until I had checked for news of Lona. Therefore I'm running a little late (for me). Lona Thank you for taking the time to update us. So sorry that you've had an uncomfortable procedure. We girls are sorely tested when it comes to the nether regions. I can now take to my bed. Sleep tight.

Galen Tyke! wink

Maw Do as your friendly advisors say...or else...

I do have to log off. MacSporran has to go to Oban early-ish tomorrow morning. I shall explain tomorrow.

Goodnight dear Granspals. Sleep soundly. smile moon

cornergran Mon 13-Feb-17 22:05:59

charlie if you ever consider changing your car I would suggest that you ask for a tour of the interior controls before you even consider driving it. Mr C thinks it is an interesting challenge, don't think I need spell out what I am thinking! [pulling hair out emoticon]. Your builders are real gems, pleased you are safe now from intruders and gas and electricity crises.

Charleygirl Mon 13-Feb-17 21:34:48

Lona pleased to here that you are home, recovering from your traumatic visit. I would be inclined to have more than one glass of wine, purely medicinal of course.

The builders are really good- they fixed the kitchen window fitted recently by a large double glazing co. and anybody could have gained access from outside. The gas safe engineer came today and informed me that any mischievous child could have turned a knob on my outside gas meter and gassed me. That is fixed.

The kitchen fitter who will remain nameless and is bankrupt left this house electrically unsafe.

Maw pleased to hear that you are at least doing something about your leg- there are many naggers here as you know and Milton Keynes is not a million miles from where I live- you have been warned.

corner maybe I will stick with my car which is one up from a pedal car.

Galen Mon 13-Feb-17 21:15:58

Maw Hi thee to a GP.
This is your friendly Galen ordering advising you!??‍⚕️

cornergran Mon 13-Feb-17 20:15:25

Phew, not a bad outcome lona, you can relax now and enjoy some wine, think you deserve more than one. Pleased for you but sorry it was painful.

Doesn't 'on board computer' sound grand maw? Apparently because there is a screen and an incomprehensible and very complicated way of adjusting things that's what it is called. It's not even an upmarket car. What happened to nice round knobs and simple switches?????? I've renamed it the 'daft system'. Mr C will be locked in the car tomorrow and not allowed out until It surrenders. grin. Pleased you will check out that lump, best not ignore it.

Sounds as if you need patience with your builders at times charley, grannies and eggs comes to mind

Greyduster Mon 13-Feb-17 20:03:41

Glad your appointment went well, Lona. Had a similar appointment myself before Christmas so I have some sympathy with you. Hope you can relax a bit this evening.
MawB hope your lump is nothing to be concerned about.
corner I never got to grips with half the bells and whistles on our last car, so I don't give much for my chances with this latest one! I hope you are more tech savvy than me!

Lona Mon 13-Feb-17 19:45:12

Maw hope your doctor can help you tomorrow, that lump sounds like a lump too far!

MawBroon Mon 13-Feb-17 19:39:35

On board computer cornergran? Brill, you can still go on GN while you are driving ????
I have a phone call booked with a dr tomorrow morning, initially it was to restart Furosemide which I last had prescribed in 2013, but I'll use the call for this instead. Glad that is (more or less) over lona and that all looks good. Honestly the indignities we have to put up with.

Crafting Mon 13-Feb-17 19:38:23

maw I'm with anno. Please see your GP soon. Just to be on the safe side flowers

Crafting Mon 13-Feb-17 19:36:45

Lona wasn't in the kitchen in time to wish you luck but so glad you are back safely. Glad your bloods and your procedure went well. I think the glass of wine sounds a good idea. Hope you sleep well tonight. A good rest is what you need now ((huggs)) (gentle ones)

annodomini Mon 13-Feb-17 19:34:45

MawBroon, if it's a choice between the knacker's yard and the GP I'd choose the latter. It's time you took care of yourself. You might get some help with your thumbs as well as your lump. Brace yourself and get an appointment...please!

Lona Mon 13-Feb-17 19:16:48

Hello everyone! I'm very glad that's over (well, nearly). Everything looks fine, although I still have to have a scan. Can you believe they built a flash new gynae dept, but they don't do ultrasound scans?
I had a very painful procedure and the doc said all looked healthy and the blood results were fine. Feel a bit washed out now, but the worst is over.
Thank you all so much for your support and kindness, Gnet at its best again. sunshine
I'm chilling now with a glass of red. Bless you all xx

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion