Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

I'm a newby.

(190 Posts)
bumblebee123 Sat 11-Feb-17 11:13:22

Hello, Good Morning & HI. I am a newby here but, I hasten to add, how can I be classed as a newby at 80 years old? Things have been a bit rough for me recently and at the moment I am imprisoned in my own house. However, the warder, my wife, is a gem and looks after me very well. I hope she reads this then I may get an extra biscuit for tea. She has me to contend with, a budgie, and a big dog, both of whom are as old as me. The dog, Benny, is a rescue dog and is quite a handful. Benny is a Staffy and is big, black, hefty and barks at everyone he sees but only because he wants to make a fuss of them. People of course don't know this and give him a wide berth................ AAHHH, some cheese sarnies have arrived so I will pause here for my lunch and play with Joey after which I will return and tell you more. Bye for now, Brian.

bumblebee123 Tue 21-Feb-17 14:18:34

OK, the man holding the photograph has no brothers or sisters. He is the only family member from his parents. He says, indicating the man in the photograph, that the father of the of said man, (the man in the photo) is his father's son. The man holding the photo is the only offspring, thus, that makes him the father of the man in the photo. His son. Best thing to do is hold a picture of someone, anyone, and repeat what the man holding the photo says. Easy if your brain cells are like mine, double jointed.
Bumble bee.

bumblebee123 Tue 21-Feb-17 14:25:57

Bella: How very astute of you to pick up on the Americanism.
You are right, at least one half of us is American. And that is the brainy one, Mrs Bumblebee. The other half is from South Yorkshire and we married in 2003 on Valentine's Day, having met on the internet. I come from Minnesota and I'm gorgeous smile but then again, so is my husband. See ya later .....

Mrs Bumblebee

bumblebee123 Tue 21-Feb-17 17:00:02

Don't let her kid you, we're too old to be gorgeous. The last time I looked in a mirror it broke and when she puts lipstick on it backs up into the tube grin. Yup, we met on the Net. She was looking for someone good looking and rich. I was looking for someone good looking and rich. Mmm, 2 out of 4 ain't bad. She came across here and fell in love with England. She wouldn't go back to the US. I wouldn't let her.
BFN.....Mr. Bumblebee.

Bellanonna Tue 21-Feb-17 17:17:16

Me too, now! You had me puzzled bb !

Bellanonna Tue 21-Feb-17 17:20:35

Sorry I didnt "turn the page". Thanks for the explanation but it did suddenly come to me.

Interesting romance, yours. You both sound very happy bb !

rosesarered Tue 21-Feb-17 20:30:30

Welcome to the forum Bumblebee there are lots of interesting threads on here for you to contribute to, on every subject under the sun, am sure you will enjoy the chat/debates.smile

bumblebee123 Wed 22-Feb-17 07:02:00

Mornin' all, my what a windy night it was, in fact, it was so windy here that we woke up in the next street smile.
Now here is a fresh puzzle for you. I say puzzle but I suppose I mean question. What was the Prime Ministers name before David Cameron moved into number 10?
Careful! OH, gotta go, my frusemide are starting to work.....
Bumblebee.

Judthepud2 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:59:21

Morning BB. Had you and Mrs BB thought about calling in to 'soop's kitchen' thread? I think you would enjoy it. You would certainly get a warm welcome.

Bellanonna Wed 22-Feb-17 09:43:59

Theresa May, bb ?

Bellanonna Wed 22-Feb-17 11:19:25

Hi again bb. I've been looking out for you on the other threads. It would be nice to see you in Soop's Kitchen where you are always sure of a warm welcome, as are your pets. Or on the many other interesting threads that abound
on Gransnet. Mrs B might also like to join in if any of the conversations catch her eye?
Just trawl through all the various threads , see what's been happening, and add your comments. It's good to have a male viewpoint now and again. Meanwhile hope the wind has subsided in your part of the country. It was pretty fierce here during the night too.

bumblebee123 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:30:40

Checking back on some of your input.
Shysal, my wife will give some input from time to time. She is very busy with some embroidery. Photo of that later. What are your cats called?

Hildajenni, Do you have a photo of Wiser? Our Benny is quite deaf too. And I am. smile

Hi Luckygirl, like your humour. I am enjoying being a member of Gransnet. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks for your welcome nanak. Great place this.

.Cherrytree59, my wife likes rugby and all sports. My favourite is cricket.
I noticed that you spoke of your doggy in the past tense. Was your loss recent?

.Hello there Nanaandgrampy. What part of the British Isles are you from? I think........Yorkshire. Am I right?

.Hello Christinefrance and judpud. Is that france as in France Christine or is France your second name?
Judpud, I have to ask, are you or were you a cook? I'm intrigued by your name............

Bye for now all. If I've missed you I'll be around tomorrow.

Bumblebee.

bumblebee123 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:36:36

Judthepud & Bellanonna, just going to have a nana sarnie then will have a look at Soop's Kitchen. Will I need an apron? smile

bumblebee123 Wed 22-Feb-17 17:58:00

ERR, I think I'm going to look a bit dim but I err can't find my way to Soop's Kitchen. When I get there all the doors are closed and the last letters are from March of last year. There is no Add your message here page. See, my wife is right when she calls me a brainless dude. H E L P.....
How do I get in?

Jalima Wed 22-Feb-17 18:04:34

Mornin' all, my what a windy night it was, in fact, it was so windy here that we woke up in the next street
I think the worst is yet to come bb123 - Doris is on her way shock
Batten down the hatches

bumblebee123 Wed 22-Feb-17 18:34:59

Spot on Bellanonna. Indeed the answer is Theresa May. No one else tried....confused...

Bellanonna Wed 22-Feb-17 18:46:58

Bb if you click on last hour you will find Soop's Kitchen. The last post was at 18.03. Click on that and you can introduce yourself below that. We have a lovely host in the kitchen, Soop, who I am sure will make you welcome. Good luck with that!

bumblebee123 Thu 23-Feb-17 07:17:42

Anybody up yet? Benny woke us at 4:30 to go for a pee. At least he is house trained. Y..A...W...NNNNN

shysal Thu 23-Feb-17 19:58:30

Hello Mr and Mrs B. These are my cats. Bugsie doing an impression of Benny in his favourite pose and also playing a cat game on my tablet. The spotty one is Saffron, the bonkers one!
Soop's kitchen is here in its most recent reincarnation. When it fills up a new thread has to be started. I am sure you will enjoy the friendly chat on there. Click on the link to join in.
www.gransnet.com/forums/gransnet_cafe/1234361-Soops-cosy-kitchen-for-kind-peoples-and-precious-pets

bumblebee123 Fri 24-Feb-17 07:26:37

Hi Sal, love the photos, especially the one of Bugsie'Going into Soop's Kitchen now.

bumblebee123 Fri 24-Feb-17 11:30:15

What a day that was yesterday. WHOOSH, I HATE THE WIND. I was lucky, I only lost my wig. Had that been bod....... What's that dear?...... Wig, W I G ...WIG. Oh the poor old soul is a bit mutton. The old girl I mean sat by the window, using her napkin as a headscarf. Now where was I? Oh yes, Had I had bodily wind like that I would have lost my trousers, and if she thinks I'm going to draw her a diagram of that she has another think coming. grin

bumblebee123 Sat 25-Feb-17 07:48:42

Hit a low. The inability to get up and walk about is very depressing. Usually I can cope with it but when it destroys my humour I get so ........ Not to worry, I should be back and laughing in a day or two.
Take care.
Bumblebee.

shysal Sat 25-Feb-17 09:17:28

Look after yourself BB. Have a cuddle with Benny to lift your spirits. sunshine

Chewbacca Sat 25-Feb-17 09:23:18

I hope you feel a bit better as the day goes on Benny. You're an optimist through and through! Something will soon present itself that will make you smile and feel better and then you come back here and tell us and make us smile too! In the meantime have this brew cupcake or even this wine if it's not too early.

Bellanonna Sat 25-Feb-17 09:26:30

That must be frustrating. As Sal says, cuddle up to Benny. Dogs are wonderful at restoring good feelings. Feel free to look around the various threads and join in anywhere. Hope the spirits improve as the day goes on.

Bellanonna Sun 26-Feb-17 18:00:31

Just checking to see you're ok bb. I'll look out for you in the kitchen. Hope whatever it was is passing. It's not good to feel low.