Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

soop's kitchen for friendly folk and precious pets.

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 22-Mar-17 13:27:57

Here we are again...
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company.

Make yourselves comfortable. I shall pop in later with a few treats.

aggie Thu 27-Apr-17 09:23:20

Delighted for callgirl
Ann you must have another nice bag smile

NanaandGrampy Thu 27-Apr-17 09:35:26

You can't have too many many bags ann !! But maybe something a little momentous ?? Xx

cornergran Thu 27-Apr-17 10:01:14

Our lovely daughter in law moans when I say 'it's only another birthday'. I am told very firmly that every anniversary of the day of our birth is as important as another and we are all deserving of celebration. Not a bad motto, ann, so celebrate each year, no matter the number attached to it. If nothing else take that beautiful handbag out for a while. I've given up saving nice things, I use and enjoy them, if I feel down I put on something that I would have kept for 'best' and never worn, it does help with the self esteem and generally lifts the spirits. Doesn't matter if no one else sees it. So 'ann' and all our lovely GN friends, keep on celebrating as best we can, we are all deserving of it.

MawBroon Thu 27-Apr-17 11:42:24

When we were at The Viceroy's House yesterday I saw that the cinema as well as Mother &Baby screenings and Silver Screen showings (that's us old dears!) do a Dementia friendly screening. The next one is "The King and I " - the "original" musical with Yul Brynner. I loved that show (goes off singing ?Hello Young Lovers ?) but am also wondering would that appeal to anybody here, especially you AnnSixty?
What a good idea isn't it?

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 11:50:41

Just back from seeing doctor. Roof of mouth and back of throat is crimson. Swab taken. Fluconazole prescribed. I'm not feeling too bright at the mo'. Will have coffee and check emails and return as soon as to read all your news. smile

MawBroon Thu 27-Apr-17 11:57:45

flowersflowers
Lots of rest, fluids and being looked after soop - and nowhere near a care home until this has cleared up. You cannot afford a summer of being laid up.
Big {{hugs}} and please do as you are told x

Charleygirl Thu 27-Apr-17 11:58:16

I think I have picked up Tara's bug of sleeping sickness. I sleep like a baby here at night although I am living in a midden.

People are so kind- one GN and her lovely husband are popping round this evening to sort out my less than SMART bedroom TV for the technologically challenged.

If my new kitchen ever resembles anything like normal, I must get to grips with my new Halogen oven.

wot Thu 27-Apr-17 12:01:43

I'm feeling really down today. I'm shocked that my partner could have been planning to leave since before Christmas. I need to see a solicitor as I signed over 35per cent of my house to him ina2010. I saw my solicitor in 2013 for a45 minutes andit cost me £273

Charleygirl Thu 27-Apr-17 12:14:07

wot I know it is a different subject but I saw a solicitor late last year about a will and lasting power of attorney. The first half an hour was free and as I did not like him, I did not choose that firm.I still did not have to pay anything.

Have all your facts gathered together and that will keep down costs. He is a total b*****d and it is a buggeration for you. flowers

wot Thu 27-Apr-17 12:21:42

But my solicitor has all the copies of our wills, the deedof trust on the house and thhe agreement on becoming tenants in common. I will have to bite the bullet and pay up. ALL my legal papers have mysteriously disappeared . Ive searched everywhere. I think he must have taken them.

Charleygirl Thu 27-Apr-17 12:25:08

wot can you not return the compliment by searching through his "stuff"? He is a total b*****d.

Galen Thu 27-Apr-17 13:29:24

For general interest, and as a light diversion, Alexa ( my amazon dot gadget,) has just advised me that today is international morse code day.

I'm sure this information has really made your day!

wot Thu 27-Apr-17 13:58:43

Only know SOS!!! In Morse.

wot Thu 27-Apr-17 14:05:11

Get Well Soon, Soop xxxxxxxxxx

wot Thu 27-Apr-17 14:12:32

I can't search his room, Charley, because its unbelievably chaotic and dirty. He would never let me clean it although I used to change his sh.tty bed. I feel exhausted with all his nastiness.

NanaandGrampy Thu 27-Apr-17 14:27:42

Does he ever go out wot? Because quite frankly you have moved beyond what he will or wont let you do !! You have to do what's best for you so rummage through and find your stuff...what's the worst he can do? leave? {smile}

Take heart xx

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 14:31:13

wot The sooner you see the back of that man creep, the better. I'm very angry on your behalf. This is going to be the tough bit. You can do it. Thereafter, you will have your life back on track. I hope that you don't object but I let MacSporran read your post. He's a good man. He said something along the lines of..."he's a waste of space," only it was a lot more colourful.

Galen dit, dit, dot, dit...grin

Charleyg Many Granspals are wonderfully kind and considerate. Especially that lot that runs this 'ere kitchen.

MawB Message received, loud and clear. wink

Charleygirl Thu 27-Apr-17 14:43:51

I agree, I would wait until that waste of space went out and then I would forage around his room. If it is that untidy I doubt if he will notice if anything is not quite in its correct place.

It sounds to me as though you would be better to be well rid of this sh*t. You would at least know where you stood financially.

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 14:48:42

MawB Northampton is my home town. We both know Olney well. A picturesque area in Northants.

wot Izabella's comment rings true. I agree with everything she says. You are far too good to put up with such crapiness.

Greyduster Your post had me nodding. Sometimes, especially recently, I've spoken with a secretary that needs to return to charm school. It costs nothing to be polite.
Take good care of that leg!
My eldest will be 56 this July. Such a lovely boy! smile

callg Thank you. Just one final word...Harry!

Jud Where you be? Us lot need an update.

Nana&G Kindness is so important. Stevie is a star.

ann Get that Radley out of the cupboard. Show it off. I love Radley handbags. Even on eBay they sell for hefty sums. Birthdays should always be fun. Give yourself something that paints a smile on your face. We all agree that you deserve special treats.

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 14:51:47

Our granddaughter has finally qualified to be a lawyer...five years after graduating. Her speciality is corporate law. If it were something along domestic issues, I would ask her advice reference wot's buggeration.

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 14:52:58

Almost time to close this kitchen and open another. All welcome to join us in our celebrations.

Charleygirl Thu 27-Apr-17 14:54:31

soop do you want to send one liners until we reach the max and then we can relax.

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 14:54:42

I've collected all the rugs and cushions. Pet bowls and such. Will wander over to prepare for another session of fun and laughter, tears and commiserations. It's what we do!

soop Thu 27-Apr-17 14:55:25

Go on, Charleyg...grin

Charleygirl Thu 27-Apr-17 14:55:42

Excellent

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion