Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Soop's kitchen for friendly folk and precious pets...

(1000 Posts)
soop Sun 21-May-17 16:25:05

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather
Never mind the rain
As long as we're together...Woops she goes again.

Welcome.

rosesarered Sun 21-May-17 16:32:53

Hello! Popped in to see what this new kitchen looks like.Wow! All white and gleaming with black marble worktops and an island ( with what looks like an old woolly cat asleep on it.)
Any coffee on the go?cafe

NonnaW Sun 21-May-17 16:32:54

Lemon drizzle cake for the new kitchen (if DH has left any that is).

We had a lovely evening yesterday, we went to see Clare Teal singing with her 'little big band'. The show was an homage to Ella Fitzgerald, and was great.

Charleygirl Sun 21-May-17 16:42:12

Excuse me rosesarered less of the old, Rory is mature! He is not sleeping, he is only resting his eyes.

PoshGran Sun 21-May-17 16:53:42

Nice & airy this kitchen. I've brought some freshly cut ham sarnies, if anyone would like to partake....

I thought the name Clare Teal rang a bell Nonna, she's coming to a venue near us later in the year.You'd recommend her? I had a quick look on the website & was amused by the statement that the drummer can "sing & play at the same time without dribbling"grin

PoshGran Sun 21-May-17 16:56:32

or even recommend her Nonna ! blush

cornergran Sun 21-May-17 17:33:47

Hello all. Great new kitchen complete with woolly elegant cat quietly slumbering thinking intelligent thoughts.

Quick dash to leave meringues with raspberries and cream on the side.

See you all tomorrow.

PoshGran Sun 21-May-17 17:36:18

I think Rory's meditating! grin

soop Sun 21-May-17 17:47:29

Rory, or Ruaridh in the Gaelic, has barely moved from his chaise. Yes! Our kitchen, as you lot are well aware, has all manner of comfortable chairs on which to loll. It's a kitchen in which we never need clean the cooker or do boring stuff like washing up. There are areas that are spotless (for those who happen to be very house-proud) and there are corners where the rest of us can kick off our shoes and chill. It caters for all tastes. Cake is revered. The occasional glass of wine is quaffed. All pets are welcome. The scruffier, the better.

soop Sun 21-May-17 17:54:27

I feel happy now that I know you lot won't be feeling lost and forlorn. Thank every one of you for making our forum such a happy-making place. When bad things happen, we rally and do what we can to help. When the good stuff happens, we celebrate. sunshine flowers cupcake brew wine and an enormous (((group hug))).

Until tomorrow. smile moon

MawBroon Sun 21-May-17 18:59:53

Back from the birthday celebrations - another amazing barbecue of posh sausages and a dazzling array of salads. I intend to hire these caterers for Paw's 70th in September!
Sadly he didn't feel up to the journey and given the temperature in DDs garden (23?24?) would not have been comfortable. (Or good company) However he is on the mend so I was less than chuffed to get a plaintive phone call about 10 past 4 intimating that he was expecting me home hmm
Said so too when I got in just before 6, it is a 1 1/2 hr journey after all.
Cakes and balloons were well received and (although I say so myself) did look pretty. Having 3 different flavours meant there was something for everybody, grown ups as well as DD and SIL's nieces and nephew(7,5,3)
Mission accomplished, feet up!

Bellanonna Sun 21-May-17 19:31:31

Ah, soop, lovely to find you again.
Enjoyed greyduster'spicture of the happy ladybirds. And Maw's birthday celebrations. Will sit awhile and wait for the sunset. Catch you again soon.

Sar53 Sun 21-May-17 19:33:37

I read about all you lovely people in the kitchen at least twice a day and would like to join you if I may.
I don't do much baking these days but I make a mean cup of tea and enjoy the odd tipple. brewwine

Bellanonna Sun 21-May-17 19:36:14

Tea and tipple very welcome, as are you Sar53

Swanny Sun 21-May-17 19:52:01

Hello everyone, love the look of the new kitchen. Cheese scones in an airtight tin on the side (so they'll still be fine in the morning) and a pat of proper butter. Pleased to see the french doors opening out onto the garden, just in time for some warm sunny weather. I've been away for a short while so had a lot of catching up to do - just like you Soop after being reconnected at last. I see everyone has been as busy as usual and I send my love and (((hugs))) to you all.

grannyqueenie Sun 21-May-17 19:52:55

On my hols in my favourite place so little access to wifi. Just popping in to leave some Bara Brith bought at Dolgellau farmers market this morning for anyone who fancies a slice, sadly it does need plenty of butter too!
We've had a couple of lovely walks today and very quiet considering it's been such a beautiful day.

Swanny Sun 21-May-17 19:53:42

I've been on a flying visit to DIL's home country for a family celebration. Think I drank enough shots of vodka to last me this year and next grin DGS had meltdowns at the airport each way poor lamb. He's flown several times before but just couldn't handle it this time. DS has decreed he will be driving across Europe next time they go there grin

Just in case that trauma wasn't enough, I set off the alarm on the security walk-through thingy. I've been having problems with a bone in my wrist lately and was wearing a thumb/wrist support, which has a metal bar in it, which I forgot to take off ...

callgirl1 Sun 21-May-17 20:15:10

Oh, I love this new kitchen, reminds me a bit of what mine is going to look like, quietly elegant, but luckily Soop has provided a sloppy, lounge about area as well. Just in case anyone is fed up with cake (HAH!) I`ve brought one of my home made and very tasty, cheese and onion pies, accompanied by fluffy roast potatoes, so if you want some, hurry up whilst they`re still hot!
Oldgoat, I hope you`ve now arrived safely at Campbeltown, it`s not a very long drive to Muasdale, about 20-25 minutes, there`s a quite steep bend as you get back to the sea again, so hope you`re not going too fast!

callgirl1 Sun 21-May-17 20:16:27

Sorry Grannyqueenie, meant to say, lovely photos, likewise MawB.

Galen Sun 21-May-17 22:54:36

New kitchen lokks okk
Hopefully willl have time to drop in tomorrow

Galen Sun 21-May-17 23:01:42

Going to try to to adddownsixed to my cruise tomorrow. Wish me luck! It can be tricky.
Had a lot of fun with her last time.
So hope this time is even better!

Galen Sun 21-May-17 23:03:57

I'm the white haired one

Nelliemoser Sun 21-May-17 23:43:49

Things that went wrong on Saturday.

1. The saucepan handle broke dropping the contents of the pan into the sink.

2. The rather old frayed washing line broke as I put a throw on it.

3. The pack of not quite frozen raspberry puree in the freezer, fell out of the freezer, when I opened the door and split open when it hit the floor.

That is my story and I will be making no further comment.

Nelliemoser Sun 21-May-17 23:53:07

Hello Soop I was just looking at the progression of new kitchen thread titles.

Soop's kitchen for friendly folk and pampered pets.

Soop's kitchen for friendly folk and precious pets.

How about for the next as.
Soop's kitchen for friendly folk and promiscuous pets.
wink wink wink

Bellanonna Mon 22-May-17 00:39:53

Loved your pics GrannyQueenie. Reminds me of some of our favourite holidays.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion