Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Soop's kitchen for friendly folk and precious pets...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sun 21-May-17 16:25:05

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather
Never mind the rain
As long as we're together...Woops she goes again.

Welcome.

Greyduster Mon 22-May-17 08:43:53

Well what a splendid new kitchen, and plenty of room to lounge! Sorry I have no cake to bring - the locusts came yesterday! Is there any coffee? I have been awake since stupid o'clock. No idea why.
Good Lord, Nellimoser, I thought it was the St Valentines Day massacre!! Hope things are going better now!
Maw glad you had a happy day with the birthday boy, and that everyone enjoyed the cakes.
Great pics, GQ. Last time we went to Dolgellau the weather was poor, but we did manage to walk part of the way up Cadre Idris before low cloud beat us back (younger and fitter then).
I'll pop in later, folks.

annsixty Mon 22-May-17 09:02:31

I also don't believe Nelli raspberry puree indeed.
I would be checking the patio for signs of disturbance.
It is a lovely day here and I am wondering what to do as I feel under the weather, only slightly though, I may do a bit of shopping as my family are coming at the weekend and I need to get ahead.
I will be meeting my grand-dog for the first time and I would be far more excited if he was housetrained!!!

MawBroon Mon 22-May-17 09:07:45

annsixty you and me both!! ??
Looking forward to hearing all about your grand dog, and hoping the "accidents" are few and far between. Unfortunately puppies can easily get over excited.....???grin but I am sure all will be fine (puppy envy!)

PoshGran Mon 22-May-17 09:19:45

Oh Nellie, I think your rasperries certainly entitle you to be considered for the "How many surfaces can a food item reach in one go?" award!
grin

soop Mon 22-May-17 10:23:22

Sar53 A warm welcome. Make yourself comfortable. Scones (warm from the oven) and real butter and homemade jam for elevenses. Choice of coffee or tea. Nice lazy-ish day ahead.

Tizliz Mon 22-May-17 10:23:26

Don't usually bring cakes but I have some chocolate brownies that tasted lovely but look terrible, so please help yourself but you will need a napkin at least.

Dinner went well and no-one noticed the lack of red pepper, mind you a lot of alcohol was consumed.

soop Mon 22-May-17 10:32:43

Nellie If you're going to make a mess...be sure to lavishly plaster every surface. Ten out of ten!

Lovely photo of Flynn and the marvellous cakes. Maw All your fretting was well worthwhile. The result is perfect.

Lovely photo GrannieQ The weather looks pefect.

Dear Oldgoat arrived safely. Would you believe that the sun is playing hard to get. It's a bit blowy too. Anyways, forecast more promising as the days pass. We're to meet this afternoon. Real cake on the agenda.

A computer literate pal is to take over stuff this morning. MacS has gone to pick him up. They are designing a website for the village. Money being raised for a much needed refurbished community hall.

Greyduster Mon 22-May-17 10:46:48

Enjoy your time together, soop and oldgoat! And cake! Perfect!
I just thought I would update you on my fornicating ladybirds. They are still busy, except they appear to have changed positions! Hmm; perhaps it is not as joyless an undertaking as I first thought! God what a sad old git you are, Grey! Go away and do something useful!

MawBroon Mon 22-May-17 11:08:42

I think those look rather rude and most unlaydeebirdlike, greyduster! grin ??

soop Mon 22-May-17 11:18:37

Maw grin

Greyduster Very funny. A good photo. Ain't nature grand?

soop Mon 22-May-17 11:31:31

Nellie Rory was promiscuous a very long time ago. Goodness only knows how many kitts he fathered. As the vet said...'he's an alpha male!' hmm If you could see him right now, you'd doubt that he ever did anything beyond eating and sleeping and nuzzling up close to MacSporran. wink

Galen and Downsized - the intrepid duo. Good plan. Hope that you can get back together on the high seas. sunshine

NonnaW Mon 22-May-17 11:53:38

posh, I definitely recommend Clare Teal, she is great live, very funny as well as a fabulous voice. I too liked the comment about the drummer.

Glorious day here in Suffolk, I think possibly the racecourse calls for this afternoon's dog walk.

Galen Mon 22-May-17 12:42:20

Well, I've just booked her in. I'll ring this pm to tell her. (Unless she reads it here)

soop Mon 22-May-17 12:46:36

Galen sunshine

It is a very disappointing day in Kintyre. The weather hasn't been this blowy or chilly in a very long time. I feel so sorry for the Oldgoats. We shall most definitely have to gobble cupcake this afternoon. I'm going to forfeit lunch in order to not feel guilty.

PoshGran Mon 22-May-17 15:01:08

My morning's been a bit odd since my earlier visit....

Firstly, & I'm afraid this will upset some, I heard someone weeping out of sight beyond my garden wall. I found a neighbour in considerable distress, cradling her cat in her lap - the poor lifeless animal had obviously been run over. All I could do was offer an arm & words of sympathy & rouse my immediate neighbour, who knows her well & is also au fait with vets & procedures etc. That ended my direct involvement. I believe she is one of those poor souls that bad things keep happening to.sad

Secondly, & on a more positive (but stupidly prosaic) note, I have finally, following prevaricating muchly, handbloomin' washed OH handbloomin' knitted Aran sweater & laid it out "in State" to dry in the sun on the patio table. I am now committed to chasing the sun as it hurtles round my garden. sunshine The neighbours who didn't mow yesterday are at it today......leave me alone, I've got a sweater to dry!!

P.S What lovely photos we have up in the new extension smile
Take care one & all.

Charleygirl Mon 22-May-17 15:07:11

PoshGran dare I ask, did you turn it inside out?

cornergran Mon 22-May-17 15:32:23

Your neighbour's distress was understandable poshgran, good job you heard her.

I'm having a moment, mis-read Charley's post as 'did you turn him inside out'. Oh dear, no hope. grin

You are surely enjoying the tea and cake by now soop, best wishes to all.

Good news, galen, it helps when the admin stuff works in our favour. Friends are on a cruise at the moment, we've been keeping an eye on them via the ship web cam. Just a teeny bit envious, but know the bugs wouldn't have made for a happy cruise for us.

Oh nelli, what a glorious mess! The devil to clear up but very spectacular.

I also have puppy envy, ann, I am sure accidents will be small and enjoyment great. Well, I think I am sure smile.

Off to see younger granddaughter now. Her Mum has a meeting later so we will spend some time together, have tea and then try to get our granddaughter to go to bed. Hmm, a challenge that one, but we will persevere. I keep reminding myself she does co operate, just not the first, second or third time of asking.

PoshGran Mon 22-May-17 15:41:54

Oh yes Grey !! - it's lying flat, bobbles, blackberry stitches, cables, moss stitch & all on the inside, on a towel on the metal table which has little holes all over it. Going well so far grin

Crafting Mon 22-May-17 15:54:42

Mother new kitchen! They are coming thick and fast these days. Good job the kitchen expands to take in even more lovely people. Welcome sar53

Maw love the cake and balloons. What a good idea. Hope paw feels better soon.

Glad you got back from your trip ok Galen and that downsize is going with you. That will be lovely for you both.

posh how sad about your neighbours cat. No wonder she's upset. Nice that she has neighbours who care though.

Crafting Mon 22-May-17 15:55:48

I did not type mother! I typed an other hmm blush

Crafting Mon 22-May-17 15:57:02

Can't spell now ...another blush

callgirl1 Mon 22-May-17 17:16:08

Have we started posting scenes of massacre now on GN? Never fear Nellie, I believe your story, am sure it would stand up in court!
Glad to see the ladybirds are still having fun. They, and butterflies, are the only insects that don`t send me into a blind panic!
I hope all went well at the Glenbarr tearooms? Hope you`ve got a good pitch Oldgoat, right on the front, the view is fantastic first thing in the morning, we used to delight in opening the curtains.

soop Mon 22-May-17 17:34:54

Have enjoyed a couple of chatty, cheerful hours with Mr&Mrs Oldgoat. We met Oscar (the curly-haired) dog. It was a treat. You lot were lauded. The sun did put in an appearance. But, as we said farewell, the heavens opened and it lashed with rain. Never mind, says Oldgoat they are loving being here. No Wi-Fi which dismays OG (she can't share photos just yet) but she will catch up at some point.
I particularly like the photo of both Oldg's, which I shall share.

Poshg I know exactly how your poor neighbour was feeling. There is nothing can be done to ease her pain. An arm around the shoulder is comforting.

callgirl Oldg paid a visit to David's special rock.

soop Mon 22-May-17 17:41:46

Three photos...

soop Mon 22-May-17 17:46:27

One taken by MacSporran as we were leaving...

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion