Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Fri 09-Feb-18 06:33:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its wet and with some wind as well, could be a mixed day weather wise here Brackley today.
Ordered new TV, expecting AM, also lights gone in bathroom have to change it.
Mick

Mapleleaf Fri 09-Feb-18 09:38:26

Morning, Annie

GlamM Fri 09-Feb-18 10:40:31

I'm super emotional today, its my beautiful grandsons 2nd birthday and I am so blessed to be such a huge part of his life. I am so very lucky, its very very sunny in my heart today event though its grey and damp outside.

NanKate Fri 09-Feb-18 11:11:33

How lovely GlamM enjoy your DGS’s 2nd ?

It is a privilege to be a GP IMO

We celebrated DGS’s 5th last week and are going for a sleepover as they call it now, to celebrate our other DGS’s 7th.

Sassi Fri 09-Feb-18 11:54:46

Hi there. Not sure if im in right place. Please advice if im not.
I shall try and put this short. My grandson us being bought up by my daughters friend. It was all done properly ie: courts & social services.
She has had him over a year (he is 3 now) he was being fostered prior.
I have concerns. He seems frightened of his carer. He sleeps 10 to 15 hours a day. She forces him to eat. And im sure he said the other day 'mommy smacked my bum'
But not 100%.
He has been calling her mommy after 2 days in her care. I have no proof of all this. But im worried as im not sure what i should do. If i go to social services i risk him being taken off her and he will get lost in the system. There is no one else who could take care of him.
Any advise is much appreciated.
Thank you.

kittylester Fri 09-Feb-18 12:30:43

This is not the right thread sassi - you would be best to start one of your own.

Mapleleaf Fri 09-Feb-18 13:50:45

You might be better posting in the relationships forum, sassi . I'm sure someone there might be able to offer support and advice.

Baggs Fri 09-Feb-18 14:50:06

It's afternoon now, but here is an image of my Good Morning. I took it while sitting on the sea wall at thr end of our wee loch waiting for my bus home.

NanKate Fri 09-Feb-18 21:23:29

What a fab photo Baggs