Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(41 Posts)
ninathenana Mon 05-Nov-18 07:15:16

Morning everyone.

I've been plucking up courage to start the thread. I thought Mick was back today.
Beautiful sunrise in Kent and not too chilly.
Not much planned except taking DS to GP this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone

Blue45Sapphire Mon 05-Nov-18 13:27:24

Well it's good afternoon now, and mild and sunny in Northampton. I am going to take advantage of the fine weather to cut the grass.
Never did find yesterday's thread and gave up, glad for the tip today that it's on active.
Nice lunch out and shopping yesterday with DS and family, managed to get DGD's birthday present.
Went to yoga this morning then coffee and chat afterwards.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the day folks.

Cambia Mon 05-Nov-18 13:37:25

Warm and sunny in Crete. Been whacking the olive trees to collect the olives. Have done six trees and only got half a sack full! Don’t think it is going to provide our oil for the year but it is the first time we have done so we are learning. Bet they laugh their socks off at the oil cooperative when we turn up!

Llamedos13 Mon 05-Nov-18 14:13:03

Lovely fall day in S.Ontario, Canada but who the heck is Mick?

Mapleleaf Mon 05-Nov-18 14:56:57

Hi, Llamedos13. Welcome aboard.
Mick usually starts the good morning thread off, but he's away for a few days, back tomorrow, so it's been a case of who's around first starts the thread for the day.
Hope you will keep posting. We are usually on the "chat" forum, but yesterday and today it's been posted back on the "gransnet cafe" forum, where it used to be. ? ( So I would advise you check both forums tomorrow to see where we are, but I'm guessing it will be back on chat)!
The sun is trying to shine this afternoon, after quite a gloomy morning.

Hilmix Mon 05-Nov-18 15:15:32

Grey day here. I'm sitting and cross stitching an alphabet wall hanging for my grandson and trying not to think about the fact that we are shortly being given notice to quit our lovely apartment because the building had been sold.
We have only been here for just on 4 months, thought it was our forever home and furnished it with that in mind. All that money on fees etc wasted and we're flat-hunting once again.
On top of this my husband has a very serious illness and gets very tired so the search for a new home is so tiring for him.
Trying to keep positive, seeing my grandchildren and my sewing is keeping my chin up. All of them ?

Greciangirl Mon 05-Nov-18 15:26:26

Who is Mick?

nonnasusie Mon 05-Nov-18 15:43:34

Good afternoon from a still wet and dreary Italy. We are glad we picked our olives 2 weeks ago Cambia . We managed to get 25 litres of oil, we could have got more if it hadn't been so windy a week earlier!!

Coconut Mon 05-Nov-18 16:22:52

I’ve been travelling back home today on the train, from a long weekend with a life long friend in Sheffield. We’ve been out for too many meals, done far too much shopping and with copious amounts of Prosecco to help us on our way ! Back to the diet and normality tomorrow ....

sandelf Mon 05-Nov-18 17:15:30

Well good late afternoon! Busy day - Pilates - we worked our 'glutes' - btms. Then off to my good friend Mr Sainsbury - why does my shopping fall a few pence short of getting the Nectar bonus? And then the monthly garden gang in local church yard. - Lots of gossip while weeding and pruning - stuff is still growing (Bexhill)... Will I be able to move tomorrow?

susieq3 Mon 05-Nov-18 18:27:10

I’m a regular reader of gransnet columns, please tell mr who Mick is ,Can’t say ive heard his name before!

Nana3 Mon 05-Nov-18 18:39:16

susieq3 and Greciangirl, Mick begins our good morning thread every morning.
See Mapleleaf's post above.

hulahoop Mon 05-Nov-18 18:42:16

It's been a misty grey day in Yorkshire sorry you have to start looking for a new flat again hope you find one soon .

Llamedos13 Mon 05-Nov-18 23:36:40

Hey there Mapleleaf, thanks for clearing up the mystery of Mick. Are you a fellow Canadian with a user name like Mapleleaf?

blubber Wed 07-Nov-18 09:13:19

Who the hell is Mick? Have I missed something?

Marydoll Wed 07-Nov-18 10:26:34

Mick is the lovely Michael 12, who usually starts the "Good morning* thread. It's become a bit of a tradition to wait for Mick to start the day off.