Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

my kids and grandchildren are an 9 hour flight away

(55 Posts)
Nanz Sun 02-Jun-19 21:35:57

Both our kids live a 9 and11 hour flight from us. Our daughter keeps in touch three or four times a week our son the odd video every few weeks. We were such a close family until our daughter emigrated and her brother followed. Does anyone else have all their offspring so far away? If so any tips on coping with not seeing them?

Goldbeater1 Thu 28-Apr-22 23:07:03

I’ve just realised this is a really old thread so my post is probably redundant ?

nanna8 Fri 29-Apr-22 06:11:21

Oh well- maybe it is worth reviving because there are a lot of people in that position.

Juliet27 Mon 27-Jun-22 07:06:21

I’ve just private messaged you Goldbeater and as there are many parents with family far away let’s hope it will be worth reviving this thread

NotSpaghetti Mon 27-Jun-22 08:00:56

Goldbeater I'd read the thread through anyway as all are still relevant.
I try to remember my new life and the generosity of my parents in never trying to make me feel guilty for pursuing a new life.

We did come "home" to the UK.... and so has one of my daughters.
Our son has moved and is now in California so is 3 hours closer. But visiting is still very expensive so we have only done that once.