Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Cropped wide leg trousers

(54 Posts)
sarahcyn Thu 27-Aug-20 08:27:03

Any fashion gurus here?
Is it ok to wear cropped, wide leg trousers with boots? Is there another way they look “right” in colder weather?
I’ve been wearing white trainers with cropped/wide leg trousers through the summer but it’s getting chillier soon. My legs are chunky, pale and veined and nobody wants to see them, especially in winter. But tights with trainers is weird. And what about cropped trousers with black tights? Does that look right?

Confusedagain Fri 28-Aug-20 09:36:20

I find mixing and matching whatever I already have is the best start. Have a trying on session and see what looks best for you. I would likely end up in boots either ankle or knee length. I would also wear a plain jumper over a summery dress in winter coupled with ankle boots. We can all style clothes as we wish. Surprising what can often work well.

sarahcyn Sun 30-Aug-20 13:29:05

Confusedagain

I find mixing and matching whatever I already have is the best start. Have a trying on session and see what looks best for you. I would likely end up in boots either ankle or knee length. I would also wear a plain jumper over a summery dress in winter coupled with ankle boots. We can all style clothes as we wish. Surprising what can often work well.

We must be long-lost sisters...that's exactly how I dress too!

honeyrose Sun 30-Aug-20 13:41:37

I’m not a fan of wide legged cropped trousers either. I don’t find them particularly flattering, but that’s my opinion and certainly don’t want to offend anyone. I don’t wear trousers at all as I have a biggish tummy (look 6 months pregnant, but i’m not). Wish I felt comfortable in them. I think long trousers look better in colder weather (again, I can’t wear them though) or opaque tights and boots (knee length or ankle).