Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Anyone ever had a dream and then it happened in real life?

(84 Posts)
sazz1 Thu 04-Feb-21 11:34:27

Ok so I rarely remember dreams but 2 nights ago I dreamed I won the lottery! As I only do the lottery about once every few months I thought it strange but had one line anyway yesterday for fun. I had an email saying I had won a prize - first time to win anything. It was only a few pounds for 3 numbers so not life changing but seems a strange coincidence that I'd dreamed of winning.
Anyone else ever had a dream come true?

Nannina Sat 06-Feb-21 10:52:22

Thank goodness no-I couldn’t cope with the embarrassment ?

Moggycuddler Sat 06-Feb-21 11:06:55

Not really. I had a horrible dream last night that I was sent to prison. (Don't know what for) and woke up feeling very stressed. I hope THAT dream doesn't come true!!

Grandmabeach Sat 06-Feb-21 11:13:40

I have had several dreams which come true. One was the last night of my holiday when I dreamed that my FIL, who was collecting us from the airport, broke the news that my father (only 57) had died. He had not even been ill before we left. As soon as I saw my FIL I asked if he had had a call from my mother and was told he had not. As soon as I got home I called my DM to let her know we were home. She was surprised as she thought we were arriving home the next day. I asked how DD was and was told he was fine. At 5am next morning I had a call to say he had suddenly died from a heart attack.
Latest was while on holiday with friends I dreamed that their DIL had given birth to her baby and could not get hold of them to let them know. They laughed when I told them next morning as they left for the airport as the baby was not due for 3 or 4 weeks. As the plane landed they switched on their mobiles to discover the baby had been born as they crossed the Atlantic but their son could not get hold of them!

Purplepoppies Sat 06-Feb-21 11:36:17

I had quite an erotic dream about a man I had never met or seen before.
About a week later I saw the man on a bus! Not my usual bus, the other side of town going somewhere I hadn't been before!
I was very embarrassed (for no reason as he obviously didn't know what I'd been thinking/dreaming about him ?
I didn't ask his name, that would have been too weird....
'Excuse me, you don't know me but I dreamt about us doing some rather naughty things the other week '..... ??

Teddy123 Sat 06-Feb-21 12:01:13

Not the dreams but plenty of deja vu! I often stop mid sentence when it happens.
So I never know what happens next.....

songstress60 Sat 06-Feb-21 12:18:03

Yes many times. In 1988 I dreamed my sister pulled out a marriage certificate to say she had got married in secret. In 1971 I dreamed that the local thug had died and in 1972 he did, and in 2010 I got a recurring dream that I had lost either my purse or my handbag. This dream kept occurring every few months since then and in 2019 December my house was burgled my handbag stolen along with my purse and drivers licence.

marpau Sat 06-Feb-21 12:43:45

On holiday in Tunisa a few years ago I dreamt some little boats from the fish farm came on to the hotel beach. The occupants then attacked the guests at our hotel we escaped as we had gone to bed early. 3 weeks later a terrorist did attack a hotel arriving at the beach by boat. My friend has asked Me not to tell her if I ever dream about her.

Madbird37 Sat 06-Feb-21 13:17:06

I dreamt that my ex-husband was having an affair with a secretary called Dee. He denied it of cause when I told him the next morning. As it turns out it was true but she was known as B

BlueSapphire Sat 06-Feb-21 13:21:59

I used to have frequent dreams about having a baby and (before I learnt to drive), driving (not both at the same time!). Once I had achieved those two objectives, the dreams stopped!

Nanananana1 Sat 06-Feb-21 13:24:02

timetogo2016 I also had a car accident dream: In my dream I had a very clear, strong image (can still see it now) of my brother hanging upside down calling out to me. He was 'lost' and all alone and I couldn't get to him. Next day he phoned to say he had been in a car accident, forced off the road, the car had turned over and he was stuck upside down for an age before someone found him and called the services. Luckily not badly hurt.
It was so vivid, so clear and kept repeating itself in my head for weeks afterwards. Is this a 'gift' we have all lost touch with?
Or have we always dreamed about possible disasters so that we can practice how we would manage them?

moggie57 Sat 06-Feb-21 13:47:21

I have the same dreams same place and lots of cats.always a place that has a big river and I am looking for someone or a toilet.lol

hugshelp Sat 06-Feb-21 13:57:36

Purplepoppies

I had quite an erotic dream about a man I had never met or seen before.
About a week later I saw the man on a bus! Not my usual bus, the other side of town going somewhere I hadn't been before!
I was very embarrassed (for no reason as he obviously didn't know what I'd been thinking/dreaming about him ?
I didn't ask his name, that would have been too weird....
'Excuse me, you don't know me but I dreamt about us doing some rather naughty things the other week '..... ??

that's hilarious

hugshelp Sat 06-Feb-21 14:01:31

I had a dream that I was in hospital and could hear an old woman crying out for her mother. I had the most awful feeling it was real when I woke, but tried to push it out of mind.
A few days later I took a train to see a friend, fell ill, and ended up in hospital, away from home. During my first night I was wakened by a confused old lady crying out, using the exact words I had dreamed. It was so bizarre I thought I must be dreaming again. But no, the poor lady continued to cry out for her mother at intervals for the three days I was there.

Bluebel Sat 06-Feb-21 14:38:53

I don't know if this counts but I see stuff that is to come .My daughter has a boyfriend and I saw an image of who she would be with and two children.She is with this young man now but no children yet.I also told my sister that she would move to a certain road and described garden.She had just moved and said no way would she move again.It happened 20 years later after a terrible tragedy forced her to move.The list goes on,I'm not sure what this is but it doesn't trouble me.oh also I told my sister of a special little boy to come and now her daughter is pregnant with a boy .I do dream of stuff that comes true but it's usually not nice things.

Patticake123 Sat 06-Feb-21 14:50:49

I had a particularly vivid dream where my dad who had been dead for several years, came to tell me that my Mum was going to join him. The next day my Mum died.

Patsy70 Sat 06-Feb-21 16:16:27

The year before last I had to have my two gold rings cut off, as I couldn’t remove them, having tried everything possible. They’d belonged to my Grandmother and were very precious to me. I put them in a ring box until I was ready to have them repaired and placed them in a small drawer in the chest in the bedroom. A few weeks ago I thought I’d check on them, but couldn’t find them. We searched high & low, but to no avail. I was distraught and thought I must have lost them. Some nights later I had a vivid dream that they were in a different drawer, where I would never have thought to put them. I checked as soon as I woke up and there they were!

Bijou Sat 06-Feb-21 16:20:49

I dreamt that a policeman was in my daughters flat going through a black handbag. The next morning the police came to tell me that she had died. Some time later whilst clearing out her flat I found the handbag I had seen in my dream.

MiniMoon Sat 06-Feb-21 16:52:07

Not me but my husband. He has had prophetic dreams all his life. Towards the end of 2019 he kept telling me that a new disease was coming, and it was deadly. As soon as covid-19 was confirmed, he stopped having that dream.
He is having another nightmare now, same every night, it has something to do with a threat from space, he won't tell me the details!

Do you remember watching Top of the Form? One episode featured a school, team from Wales. They showed scenes from around the town. I could have shown you around as it was extremely familiar to me. I had never been to Wales.

Summerlove Sat 06-Feb-21 17:07:28

MiniMoon

Not me but my husband. He has had prophetic dreams all his life. Towards the end of 2019 he kept telling me that a new disease was coming, and it was deadly. As soon as covid-19 was confirmed, he stopped having that dream.
He is having another nightmare now, same every night, it has something to do with a threat from space, he won't tell me the details!

Do you remember watching Top of the Form? One episode featured a school, team from Wales. They showed scenes from around the town. I could have shown you around as it was extremely familiar to me. I had never been to Wales.

There’s meant to be an asteroid passing by us on March 21

Do we all need to build shelters ?

catladyuk Sat 06-Feb-21 17:08:44

i remember having premonitory dreams but cannot call any to mind (an age thing!), but last night i had one which i hope never comes true. the doorbell rang and when i answered it, donald trump was standing there.
the worrying thing is that i was not at all surprised by this visit even though i had not been expecting him. very weird, and totally scary!

Shropshirelass Sat 06-Feb-21 17:16:31

My Mom does but she says they are different to normal dreams. She has been right every time so far, still waiting for her to come up with the lottery numbers though!

MadeInYorkshire Sat 06-Feb-21 17:49:42

*Mickey987

Yes I had that very same dream the night before Lockerbie - it was very disturbing.

Have also had several deja vue episodes, one which involved the church where my (ex) husband was christened - he took me to see it when passing one day, and I said e had taken me before - but he hadn't! I described it perfectly to him before we got there - weird! Haven't had one for many years now ....

Lindaylou55 Sat 06-Feb-21 18:08:26

Sort of, my DD asked for a suede bomber jacket for her 17th birthday (30 yrs ago). A lot of her friends were 18 and some had cars. I dreamt one girl came to collect her in a white sporty car with red seats and on the way to a party she crashed the car and all 4 of them were killed. When I went to the morgue which was our village hall (weird I know) she had on the bomber jacket which I had told her she wasnt to wear! I woke up in tears and went to her wardrobe took the jacket she had had for 3 weeks and put it in the bin. One month later the same girl arrived at our door with a white sporty car with red seats. She did have an incident in the car where it went down a small banking but luckily there were no injuries. Although we had a huge argument at the time I binned her jacket I think she was secretly glad I did, I know I was.

TwiceAsNice Sat 06-Feb-21 19:01:31

I had the same dream over and over where myself and my 3 children were in the car and we had a crash and I couldn’t get my son out no matter how I tried I would wake up crying . The following year my son died from an unrelated cause. I think the dream was trying to prepare me

TwiceAsNice Sat 06-Feb-21 19:03:35

I’ve also had many cases of gong somewhere I’ve never been and knowing I’ve been there before