Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Anyone ever had a dream and then it happened in real life?

(84 Posts)
sazz1 Thu 04-Feb-21 11:34:27

Ok so I rarely remember dreams but 2 nights ago I dreamed I won the lottery! As I only do the lottery about once every few months I thought it strange but had one line anyway yesterday for fun. I had an email saying I had won a prize - first time to win anything. It was only a few pounds for 3 numbers so not life changing but seems a strange coincidence that I'd dreamed of winning.
Anyone else ever had a dream come true?

Pepper59 Sun 16-Jan-22 17:07:54

Yes, but don't want to put details on a public forum.

Jezra Sat 12-Feb-22 00:23:03

I get premonitions, waking dreams and sleeping dreams that come true but the message is always in some sort of code if that makes sense. Some of them scare me.
About a year before we knew about Covid and went into lockdown I kept seeing empty streets in my minds eye. Not a soul to be seen in the city or the town where I stayed. Very eerie. A feeling of dread. I thought perhaps we were maybe going to suffer a war or something big. Then Covid, the first lockdown - the streets were empty!
One night just over a year ago, I awoke at bang on two a.m. with a feeling that something was dreadfully wrong. I tried to go to sleep but couldn’t. The phone rang at 2:10 and I was told my Mum had passed away 10 minutes before. ?
When I was a teenager and living in a different area I had a vivid daydream that said to beware of a dark, handsome man in my life who would be bad and drag me down. I could see him in my minds eye very clearly standing in a dark place with music playing. A couple of years later, there he stood in the dark nightclub, music playing. It was the man in my daydream. He was bad indeed and is now my ex husband.
I have other stories.

GagaJo Sat 12-Feb-22 07:55:09

I get premonitions, but I'm very anti all that sort of thing, so I try to ignore them. But then I get a bit spooked when they happen. I wish I didn't get them. I'm not interested.

Grantanow Sun 29-Jan-23 15:53:06

Ha ha. I dreamt the Tories lost the General Election. Still waiting.

fancythat Sun 29-Jan-23 15:55:23

Gosh no. Thankfully.

1987H2001M2002Inanny Sun 29-Jan-23 15:59:35

Very interesting answers everyone.Makes you wonder.

Primrose53 Thu 30-Mar-23 17:31:05

All the time! Last night I was dreaming my husband asked me to check on a small neck cushion behind him. I clearly said to him “it has slipped down because the mattress needs pushing back to the headboard.” I then woke up and I was actually out of the bed pushing the mattress back!! Luckily he stayed asleep.

Spuddy Sat 12-Aug-23 12:42:19

Big congratulations on your win!

Some years ago when living in another area I dreamed I was stood in my high street trying to cross with loads of traffic, couldn't cross because of it.

Then I saw a black car, don't know what sort as I'm not a driver but it was one of the types like KITT from Knight Rider, and there was no driver or anyone else and an entire jet black interior, but it was driving along anyway, and it looked evil, the front lights were like silver demonic eyes, it scared me and the fact there was do driver.

The next day, I really was stood on the same high street, trying to cross and THAT CAR pulled up! I absolutely froze solid with fright and couldn't move, just shook with fear.

It wasn't until the car passed me that I realized there was a driver but he was wearing all black and he was sat well back from the steering wheel!

That was about 15 years ago and to this day I still don't like that type of car, still makes me shiver!