Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

You're invited to the Gransnet party

(176 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 15-Jun-17 13:59:05

Hello!

<pokes head over political threads parapet to assess whether or not it's safe to tie up the last of the (apolitical) bunting>...

in preparation for....

..our very own Gransnet Great Get Together! This Sunday 18th June around midday we will be taking part in the nationwide celebrations, in honour of the late Jo Cox and her belief that we have #MoreInCommon.

We would like to invite you all to bring your own Pimms or tipple of choice and a plate of virtual goodies and come join the fun. If you’re up to baking, we’ve got some tasty recipe ideas…

We’ll be giving away spot PRIZES and sharing silly gifs. We invite you all to share a joke, a funny or heartwarming story or just let us know what you’re up to.

If you prefer to meet up with people nearby in real life there’s plenty happening nationwide. You can check out a local Great Get Together here. Or check out your Gransnet Local page to see if anything’s been organised by a local editor.

There’s been so much sadness in recent weeks and this is the perfect opportunity to show our support for each other and our communities. We hope to see you here on Sunday - bunting lovers or not. grin

Sar53 Thu 15-Jun-17 19:21:00

We are away this weekend but I will be with you all in spirit and wine and Pimms and anything else you may imbibe winecafebrewcupcake.

phoenix Thu 15-Jun-17 19:37:04

Chewbacca I opened my eyes this morning to find a cats bum being presented to me at very close quarters, and even though I'm very partial to lemon drizzle cake, I really, really do NOT want my mouth to look like that, although I do seem to have a bit of fur round it blush

Chewbacca Thu 15-Jun-17 19:44:07

Wellll, OK phoenix , I just thought that I'd make the appropriate cake to enable us all to have one. But, as you already have an in house, ready made cat's bum, at close quarters, I'll do you a banana, mango and walnut cake instead. wink

Grannyknot Thu 15-Jun-17 20:03:16

Phoenix that made me chuckle. So ... I shall bring Chuckle Cupcakes:
myfavouritecupcake.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/chocolate-chuckle-cake.html

Baggs Thu 15-Jun-17 21:08:10

I'll bring some SOH-injected flapjack. Totally non-toxic, natch.

trisher Thu 15-Jun-17 21:18:25

Sorry won't be able to make it, I will be leading a group of people on a walk around Newcastle, showing them the best bits of our fantastic city. Hope you all have a great time.

grannypiper Thu 15-Jun-17 21:58:54

Anniebach just bring yourself grin

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 15-Jun-17 22:16:24

I'm always up for a party - especially a virtual one where I can eat and drink whatever I fancy! Think I will come dressed up as Betty Boop in my best summer dress!

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 15-Jun-17 22:22:18

Apologies Riverwalk Maybe that didn't come out right. The politics threads are often the most interesting, mainly because of conflicting viewpoints. But they do get a bit heated sometimes (understandably) so we were only hoping we could put our differences aside for a few hours on Sunday.

Looking forward to the Cat's Bum Cake! We need a recipe!

Nice outfit Wilma grin

Maggiemaybe Fri 16-Jun-17 00:17:32

I'll be up to my eyeballs in offspring and grandchildren at DD2's gaff for Father's Day, but will be locking myself and my beloved Kindle in the bathroom at frequent intervals to see what's occurring. It's been a busy week, so no home baking, but I'll bring the frozen ruins of the Tracy Island cake I made last weekend for DGS3's party. And gin. Lots of gin.

Grannyknot Fri 16-Jun-17 07:41:42

Lara like this one? grin

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 16-Jun-17 09:51:58

haha! I thought it was a dinosaur for a minute. But then I put my glasses on... grin

Is that your own handiwork GrannyKnot?

wot Fri 16-Jun-17 12:53:00

Phoenix, you cheer me up, thanks!! ??

Tiggersuki Fri 16-Jun-17 13:29:46

Withdrawn.

kittylester Fri 16-Jun-17 13:49:42

I don't think this is the place for your post Tiggersuki but start a thread of your own and lots of people will listen to you.

Grannyknot Fri 16-Jun-17 14:50:14

lara nope (there's nothing new under the Sun - just ask Google). smile

phoenix Fri 16-Jun-17 17:37:36

Um, Chewbacca, not wishing to be difficult, but I don't like banana. blush I also dislike cucumber. A friend who is rather into amateur psychology, wondered if it was to do with an aversion to penises! shockgrin

Chewbacca Fri 16-Jun-17 17:39:05

grin I wouldn't know phoenix and, to be honest, I'd rather not think about it too much if that's OK!

Chewbacca Fri 16-Jun-17 17:43:10

Chocolate cake for phoenix . please don't let her tell me any inner psychological problems with chocolate grin

Grannyknot Fri 16-Jun-17 18:58:22

giphy.com/gifs/3rgXBQIDHkFNniTNRu/html

grin

Grannyknot Fri 16-Jun-17 18:59:24

Drat, I don't know why the pic didn't show, it did on preview. Didn't want it to be a link. Perhaps HQ can sort it?

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 16-Jun-17 19:45:52

Here you go Grannyknot!

Ana Fri 16-Jun-17 20:29:25

Which one's you, Grannyknot? grin

WilmaKnickersfit Fri 16-Jun-17 22:11:42

That's what I was wondering! grin

Grannyknot Sat 17-Jun-17 07:06:07

Thank you Lara smile should I have used "Embed"?

Teehee I'm the blush shy one on the left smile