when i was little my mum would boil some fish when we were under the weather - i think it must have been a plaice fillet. she'd skin it and flake it finely mixed with butter. made us feel better instantly!
if she hadn't been shopping then scrambled eggs were presented in a bowl - no toast though.
i'm not a "soupy" person so when i'm feeling ill it's got to be something i can get quickly - i live alone - so it's probably going to be a sandwich of some description or a bowl of cereal or porridge with golden syrup.
Gransnet forums
Health
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »




. I can also remember having something called "saps" which I think involved rich tea biscuits, warm milk and sugar...sounds awful now but I loved it then!
