Gransnet forums

Health

My New Healthy Lifestyle

(209 Posts)
rubylady Fri 27-Jan-17 03:44:55

Welcome to a new you. This thread is for anyone to post regular updates on their improved health and lifestyle, be it food related, excercise or doing something for yourself which helps your mental health. I started out last September at 16 stones 10 pounds, now I weigh 15 stones 2 pounds. For the first time in years I am going to the hairdressers later. Get ready for No Snack February, there's a few days to eat those biscuits ? or chocolate bar ?. Good luck and I hope I'm not on my own doing this! ?Xxx

Jalima Sat 04-Mar-17 22:55:00

I just had a quick look and they seem quite similar to the ones the physio gave me.
which I should do more regularly.

Norah Sun 05-Mar-17 00:19:26

I can't find a link or picture. What I was asked to do was lay flat on my back, in bed, whilst pressing my heels against the mattress as much as I can, I tip my toes towards my head (make sense?) and hold as long as I can. Rest. Do it 10 times or so, before getting up in the morning and when laying down at night. The duvet helps hold your toes up, if you tuck your duvet in at the bottom and pull it tight up at the top. If this is too confusing I can describe again.

Jalima Sun 05-Mar-17 09:55:29

It sounds a bit similar to what the physio said and I also have to point down with my toes too (that is not for plantar faciitis btw). I have one of those stretchy bands to ease my foot forward.
Stand with one leg behind the other and bend the forward knee, stretching the one behind, again not specifically for p.I.

I suppose thinking about them doesn't have the same results hmm
Right, I'm off to do them smile

Sunlover Sun 05-Mar-17 11:41:59

I suffered badly with PF a couple of years ago. It was so painful especially those first few steps in the morning. I tried everything. Physio, exercises, new shoes even dry needling! Eventually the pain subsided and then disappeared. It lasted about 9 months. I think as someone else has mentioned it does go away eventually but living with it is hard.
I also wear Go Walk shoes now. So comfy.

Jalima Sun 05-Mar-17 11:46:51

I can't wear them, they are too flat and I need to take out the memory insole anyway to accommodate orthotic insoles which are causing more pain than they're relieving!.

Jalima Sun 05-Mar-17 11:53:51

rubylady how are you, hope you're OK

shysal Sun 05-Mar-17 13:42:49

I tried rolling the underside of my foot on a frozen bottle of water several times a day, especially first thing in the morning. I can't say it worked really, but numbed it a bit. I also tried standing backwards on a step with my heel hanging over and pressed down. I couldn't say whether your pain is PF, Jalima, I seem to remember having a similar thing under the ball of my foot many years ago and it being given the same name, so maybe it applies to any area of the sole. I hope you find relief soon, it can be agony! I spent a fortune on various orthotics, foam insoles and special socks. The only thing that gave relief was the Heelease, but maybe it was going to improve by then anyway!

Jalima Sun 05-Mar-17 17:20:10

Thanks, shysal, rolling the bottle sounds a good idea. I was given an exercise when I was a child of picking up pencils with my toes.

I need to do the exercises more regularly!!
Foam insoles sound wonderful but I can't add insoles as well as the orthotics.