Gransnet forums

Health

Biopsy

(92 Posts)
dragonfly46 Thu 29-Nov-18 11:36:49

I had a biopsy last week and I had an appointment this afternoon to get the result but I have just had a call to say they are not ready. I have to wait another week. Is this a bad sign does anybody know?

Karanlouise Thu 29-Nov-18 19:24:34

Sorry to hear your news dragonfly. flowers

Willow500 Thu 29-Nov-18 19:36:23

Oh gosh Dragonfly just seen this - so sorry to hear the news. It's good that they are reacting very quickly - what a worrying time for you. Sending you a big hug and keeping fingers firmly crossed for the 13th flowers

Galen Thu 29-Nov-18 19:50:33

Hugs from me as well. Modern treatments have improved tremendously in the last few years.

EllanVannin Thu 29-Nov-18 19:57:42

Be brave. Everyone's rooting for you. x

Greyduster Thu 29-Nov-18 20:02:09

Dragonfly I am so sorry to hear your news, but as Galen has said, treatment is much much better these days, they are dealing with you promptly, and I’m sure you will be in good hands. We are here if you want to offload. Love to you and your DH.

Grammaretto Thu 29-Nov-18 20:03:48

Oh dear. This was supposed to be a day of birthday celebration for Mr dragonfly.
At least you have the results quickly and action can be taken.
My Mil was diagnosed at age 70. After an operation and radiotherapy she was back to normal and is still active aged 93.
Good luck to you.=flowers

Jobey68 Thu 29-Nov-18 20:16:19

I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis Dragonfly but just wanted to say I had breast cancer in 2015, its very treatable for the majority of us and things have come a long way over the past decade especially.
It's a lot to get your head around but take things a stage at a time, don't try to think of the bigger picture and trust in the team looking after you, they do this every day and have a massive bag of tricks up their sleeves to get you through this!
All the very best Xx

Sar53 Thu 29-Nov-18 21:25:06

I'm so sorry to hear your news dragonfly, flowers xx

SueDonim Thu 29-Nov-18 21:28:32

I'm sorry you've had unwelcome news, Dragonfly. flowers

Lisagran Thu 29-Nov-18 21:33:05

Sorry to hear your news Dragonfly , but it does sound as if they’re swinging into action quickly, which is good. Look after yourself flowers

Cherrytree59 Thu 29-Nov-18 21:51:12

Sending you hugs and good vibes Dragonfly
thanksflowersshamrock

callgirl1 Thu 29-Nov-18 22:03:31

So sorry to hear your news Dragonfly, but they`ve started procedures very quickly, trust in the medics whilst you wait for the 13th. Will be thinking of you x

Luckygirl Thu 29-Nov-18 22:07:19

Sorry that the news was not as you had hoped; and wishing lots of strength to deal with the next few weeks while you are waiting for the results. It is good that they are getting straight on top of this for you; and that treatments are gaining ground all the time.

merlotgran Thu 29-Nov-18 22:12:18

Sending you my best wishes, dragonfly.

MawBroon Thu 29-Nov-18 23:01:58

What everyone else has said flowers
Yes treatment has improved enormously recently and I bet that there are many many breast cancer survivors here on GN.
Take comfort and strength from the positive stories and remember we are with you all the way. Xxx

Auntieflo Thu 29-Nov-18 23:35:46

Dragonfly, hugs and best wishes to you. I was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year. I had an operation on Aug. 13th, (our GS’s birthday). After a healing period, I had radiotherapy and finished the 3 weeks treatment a couple of weeks ago. I feel absolutely fine. The hospital staff were brilliant and the Breast Cancer Care team were there, at the end of a phone line to answer questions, if needed. I had support from our lovely GN’s as well, which was most appreciated. You will be in good hands and have the best of care given to you. Good luck and God bless.

Bellanonna Fri 30-Nov-18 00:21:49

May I join in with all the other hugs dragonfly?

soop Fri 30-Nov-18 07:56:55

Dearest dragonfly, my thoughts and very best wishes from me to you. Your Granspals are rooting for you. X

harrigran Fri 30-Nov-18 08:13:23

I am late reading your news dragonfly, my very best wishes to you and a virtual handhold for the journey.
I know how you are feeling today and everything is uncertain but be assured the health professionals are very good at their job and you will be guided every step of the way.
Take one day at a time and be kind to yourself.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 30-Nov-18 08:20:54

I have just read your thread dragonfly, sending you virtual hugs.
You will always find support here amongst your virtual friends ???

Anniebach Fri 30-Nov-18 09:20:26

Dragonfly. I am so very sorry, I hold you in my thoughts and prayers x

Panache Fri 30-Nov-18 09:36:58

Dragonfly I felt the need to come here and try to offer you my support such as it is.I do think you have already read my "Is there life after cancer,You bet there is"

That was not written lightly I can assure you for I had spent some 7 years embroilled with the differing cancers .......bowel,cervix and then both breasts.......since recovering which yes really took some fighting to get through all the operations and treatments,I still have had another 5 or 6 skin cancers.

However although I know you previously said you had some bad experiences through I think a friend,please please be reassured that since my own "ordeal" in the mid 80`s treatments have come on in leaps and bounds so the chances of recovery following early detection are excellent.
Whatever others may try to say remember no two cancers are alike.

So yes you will hear various stories and yes it is a bummer............but amazingly you have all the opportunities to get this treated successfully........and further more you have all of us fighting your corner.

I am but a message away and please do not hesitate to get in touch if you think I can be of some help.
Good luck Dragonfly

silverlining48 Fri 30-Nov-18 09:38:49

Dragonfly there are a nUmber of charitable organisations McMillan, breast cancer care etc who have free phone numbers where you can talk to nurses who can help answer any questions and reassure you.
I have phoned Macmillan over the last two years about my daughters diagnosis. They were very knowledgeable and supportive, and remember post menopausal women (assuming that’s what you are) have a much better outcome. Good luck and keep in touch here if you need support.

Gagagran Fri 30-Nov-18 10:00:25

Only just found this thread and I am so, so sorry to read your news Dragonfly. You will be feeling shell-shocked I am sure but chin up and try to gain strength from all the positive messages from your GN pals.

You will always find support, advice and kindness in soop's kitchen - I think I saw you in there on the sofa?

flowers sunshine and jolly good luck!

Bellasnana Fri 30-Nov-18 11:39:53

Have only just seen this and wanted to add how sorry I am to hear that you have received bad news. I can only send very best wishes for a full recovery, although I know the journey will not be easy for you. ?