Gransnet forums

Health

Black dog gang 2..

(1001 Posts)
SparklyGrandma Sat 25-May-19 20:20:03

Hello everyone...

Anniebach Sun 23-Jun-19 10:23:19

Hi friends x

Joce fantastic. I have appointed me as official Sunflower giver, I know there should have been a vote but do we want
more canvassing? grin

?

Hold onto how you felt picking all that yummy fruit from your garden x

Joce345 Sun 23-Jun-19 11:18:56

Well I will second that Annie.. you are the best one for the job xx

Anniebach Sun 23-Jun-19 11:24:37

As I am Welsh I could be a descendant of Llewelyn The last
Welsh Prince of Wales , you may have royalty in your midst
?

Thank you Joce. X your post of your fruit picking has spurred me on to try harder

Joce345 Sun 23-Jun-19 11:45:15

Good Annie, it’s lovely to get up and pick your own fruit..
bother come with tomato plants cucumber and peppers so hear goes with them. X

Joce345 Sun 23-Jun-19 11:46:05

That should be Brother

Joce345 Sun 23-Jun-19 18:47:57

Where is everyone to night very quiet. Hope all is well with everyone..

Doodle Sun 23-Jun-19 19:36:56

Well what a day (actually last night and today) I’ve had. Something happened, my imagination worked overtime and I worked myself up into a complete stare of panic. Upset stomach nausea the works. Been really jittery all day. And then I found out that that what I feared hadn’t happened. The things my imagination came up with didn’t occur and I made myself ill through my own fault. I took a situation, made it something completely different in my mind. Spent all last night and today worrying about it and it wasn’t true.
It doesn’t mean that everything will be rosy from now on but it taught me a lesson I hope I’ll remember next time. I must not imagine the worst. I must not let my mind go off on fears.

Joce345 Sun 23-Jun-19 21:11:28

Aww Doodle I am the best at that with every thing,
it horrible glad you got it some what sorted .

Anniebach Sun 23-Jun-19 21:14:29

Hi all x

Joce, hope you are going to do more fruit picking in your
garden .

Doodle so sorry you had a distressing night and day

The root of much anxiety is as you described .

My mother in law died this morning. Couldn’t get hold of my sister in law, was concerned for her. She telephoned me
this evening, she has gone to Greece !

I suppose the best way to describe her is ‘she is a free spirit’. !
Nothing she does comes as a surprise to me.

Hope nanny is enjoying her holiday , a break away from home may help ease her grief.

Dawn22 Sun 23-Jun-19 22:05:08

Thinking of you Annie at this difficult time. A family bereavement is never easy.
I know you will deal with things in your own adroit way.
Take care and l hope you sleep well tonight. Dawnflowers

Dawn22 Sun 23-Jun-19 22:20:24

Doodle
Hope you are feeling better. I know that feeling. You can get overwhelmed and then get anxiety. It does pass but we have to use our logical mind rather than our emotional mind to deal with it. At least that is something I try to do.
Take care from Dawn.

Best wishes to everyone else too. Dawnflowersflowers

Joce345 Sun 23-Jun-19 22:29:26

Thinking of you Annie. X

Joce345 Sun 23-Jun-19 22:31:45

Annie I think I have picked enough fruit to last me about 3 day, and that’s with granddaughter helping to eat it...
hope everyone has a good night sleep ? night all x

Joce345 Mon 24-Jun-19 13:16:19

Morning all..Annie how are you doing today? Do hope you are feeling ok. X

Anniebach Mon 24-Jun-19 13:26:20

Hi all x

Joce do walk in your garden even though you don’t need more fruit yet ? I so miss walking around my garden .

Dawn most definitely our logical mind over our emotional mind, at times difficult but it is the answer to anxious thoughts.

My younger granddaughter is viewing an apartment today, I do hope they will move there .

Joce345 Mon 24-Jun-19 17:00:32

Aww Annie I hope your granddaughter likes the apartment fingers crossed.. Yes Annie I do go down the garden we have a good size pond and I love the sound of running water, I find it very therapeutic.. I am a proper water baby, well maybe not baby hehe x

Doodle Mon 24-Jun-19 18:42:22

Sorry to hear your sad news annie. Hope you are ok.
I’m another hoping your DGD moves close to you soon too Really hope it works out.
Hello everyone. Hope you have a calm day and peaceful night ?

Anniebach Mon 24-Jun-19 18:52:37

Thank you all x

Both my granddaughters are moving, younger granddaughter who viewed an apartment today lives 50 miles north of me and drives 100 miles to get to university , over mountain roads, really troubles me. The property she viewed today is 50 miles south of me, she can walk to the university. Elder granddaughter lives in Cornwall, she wants to move to the same city as her sister and brother , she misses Wales.

When both move to Cardiff it will less for me to be anxious
about.

I try not to be anxious but !

Doodle Mon 24-Jun-19 18:58:49

Fingers crossed both move ok annie ?

Joce345 Mon 24-Jun-19 21:29:19

Hope they do move Annie..
Will they be about a hour drive away from you then?

SparklyGrandma Tue 25-Jun-19 11:05:22

Condolences to you Annie and your granddaughters about your MiL passing ?...

After 3 glorious days of hot dry sun here on holiday, I am in thick mist here today. But it’s a good day to rest my back.

Not looking forward to going home ?

Anniebach Tue 25-Jun-19 13:17:29

Hello all x

Sparkle a holiday, great , enjoy

If my two granddaughters move as planned they and their brother will be in the same city and an hours drive from me
and a regular bus service . Perhaps one day I will catch that
bus ? Garden path first though !

Bit stressful, sister in law shot off to Greece for a week, left her husband to arrange everything for the funeral, he keeps
phoning younger daughter for her opinion on arrangements so she phones me. She is grieving so passes his queries to me.

Marilla Tue 25-Jun-19 15:20:51

A difficult task Anniebach, but I’m sure any arrangements and queries that you are able to deal with, will be greatly appreciated. It is obviously too much for your younger daughter to think about and with you being helpful in the most practical way is a great weight off her shoulders.

Anniebach Tue 25-Jun-19 21:08:20

Marilla, yes it is too much for my younger daughter, I just am so cross that my sister in law went on holiday, she sent a text ‘ enjoying my holiday ‘,

Hello all x

Anniebach Wed 26-Jun-19 18:48:26

Hi all x

Funeral arrangements done.

Younger granddaughter didn’t get the apartment, someone offered 6 months rent in advance !

Still have the anxiety on waking in the morning

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion