Gransnet forums

Health

Prostate cancer

(30 Posts)
Lindylou23 Fri 17-Jan-20 21:30:57

My DH has been diagnosed with prostate cancer after being in pain for 7weeks,he started hormone treatment yesterday and today he has been diagnosed with a DVT, I am finding it very hard to take in and keep my emotions in check in front of him.
Has anybody else been in a similar position? Can give me some advice .

MawtheMerrier Wed 28-Sep-22 22:18:59

Another old thread revived by spam posting.
What is saddest is that some of those contributing have lost their husbands since their posts.
A good suggestion though from Floradora but I am slightly sickened at the spammer who sought to exploit the thread.

Whiff Wed 28-Sep-22 22:21:24

The last post on this thread was 19/01/2020.

Bella and Flora I doubt any of the previous posters will read your messages.

Whiff Wed 28-Sep-22 22:23:46

Maw I didn't realise it was a spam posting . Good job you are on the ball.

Jaberwok Thu 29-Sep-22 10:08:32

I can't believe that anyone would use a serious thread such as this to post spam! That's just shocking and the people concerned should be thoroughly ashamed. My DH had PC in 2011 picked up by consulting our GP about weeing problems leading to a blood test. As he was just under the cut off age for a prostatectomy he was able to have the operation, and was absolutely fine afterwards. A minor blip in 2018 necessitated 6 weeks radiotherapy, so far since then all has been ok. He still has a six monthly check up which is a bit stressful, he'll be on these for the rest of his life. P.C is one of the most treatable cancers and knowing this helped to keep us positive. However it is a b###r, and I do feel really sorry for anyone going through this illness.