Gransnet forums

Health

Anyone got symptoms?

(89 Posts)
GagaJo Thu 19-Mar-20 07:36:07

I've developed a dry cough. I'm worried.

GagaJo Thu 19-Mar-20 14:53:41

I have asthma and my breathing feels a bit 'off'. Not bad, not restricted but a little tight.

111 is an online service now. You go through the stages with it and it advises you whether to phone an ambulance or not.

I'm not going to at the moment, but I will if it gets any worse.

AGAA4 Thu 19-Mar-20 15:05:06

Follow your asthma plan now Gaga. I hope you have been taking your preventer. Try not to let your breathing get out of hand by using your reliever. And if it does become difficult get help immediately.

loopyloo Thu 19-Mar-20 15:12:17

Davidhs. Are you ok have you been able to get paracetamol? Is there someone you can contact to get you some?
It sounds very like the virus to me. Please take care.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 19-Mar-20 15:38:43

Something to give us some help

skwawkbox.org/2020/03/19/vid-after-6-days-ignoring-skwawkbox-enquiries-re-cuban-antiviral-drug-govt-says-talking-intensively-to-cuba-in-recent-days/

EllanVannin Thu 19-Mar-20 15:42:35

I'd rather be tested for anti-bodies to see if my immune system is up to scratch then I can relax.

POGS Thu 19-Mar-20 17:34:44

Whitewave

You like Steve Walker a lot don't you.

Haven't seen a link to him for ages.

POGS Thu 19-Mar-20 17:57:26

'Yes, of course. But my school is closed so I couldn't stay there.'
----

I take it you reside on the school premises Gagajo.

Is it a boarding school, if so just think of the spread that just that one school has possibly spread COVID 19.

It's frightening isn' t it knowing your Headmaster has been confirmed as having the virus.

Davidhs Thu 19-Mar-20 18:26:39

Thanks for the concern Loopyloo, symptoms are getting less and I am able to get out into the fresh air in the garden, which again helps, it’s nice to see the spring plants blooming.

tickingbird Thu 19-Mar-20 19:04:27

Gagajo There was a dr on Jeremy Vine answering calls and she advised a man with asthma (never bothers with inhaler) to use the inhaler regularly as it manages your asthma. She said this was very important whether you feel the need to or not. Don’t panic but ring 111 or 999 if you start to struggle with your breathing. Far, far more people recover from this than don’t even in older people. Take care.

GagaJo Thu 19-Mar-20 19:30:27

Thanks for all those who are concerned. I don't feel any worse than I did earlier. Fingers crossed it's just a cough.

I have been using my steroids inhaler. I'll have a puff 3 or 4 times a day. Thanks for the advice!

craftyone Thu 19-Mar-20 20:11:27

son just e mailed, he suspects that he had it, several of the symptoms and some difficulty breathing. He said it was mild, that he is not sure and was saving his paracetamol in case it was not covid-19. Both are self isolating for 14 days. It will be good then the antibody test is released. He is the one AC I worried about most, I so hope it was the virus

GagaJo Fri 20-Mar-20 20:44:53

Cough has gone. Must be OK for now!

Will have been back in the UK a week on Monday. Two weeks on the 30th. Countdown to the all clear. Fingers and everything else crossed.

Rosiebee Sat 21-Mar-20 10:18:11

Went out on Thurs am to visit a friend and felt fine. Checked temperature before I went and It was normal.By evening I had the dry cough and temperature of 100. Stayed in bed most of yesterday with water and paracetamol. Temperature started to go down but this morning it's back up. Feels like a dose of flu but am assuming it's the virus. When will I know it's finished? DH and I are now sleeping in different rooms as I'm restless but otherwise not keeping away from each other as I've probably already given it to him. Feeling really miffed as I rarely get anything and have now lost my status of being "a bit of an old boot"hmm

vampirequeen Sat 21-Mar-20 10:50:32

My mam had all the symptoms of CV over Christmas. She suffered from fever, sore throat and dry cough. There's no way of knowing if it was CV. She'd been in York a few days prior to developing the symptoms which, as usual, was full of tourists from all over the world. Perhaps it's been here longer than we thought and more people have had it than have been counted..

samanta Sun 22-Mar-20 08:31:22

The best way is to stay in the room. Don't go out at all. Until you yourself are sure that you are not sick

GagaJo Sun 22-Mar-20 08:43:18

Hope you’re doing ok Rosiebee. I have read from people who’ve had it that it can come and go.

Keep us updated. Lots of love X

Bathsheba Sun 22-Mar-20 23:17:28

And how are you doing now Gagajo? Any repercussions since your cough seemed to clear up a couple of days ago?

Hetty58 Sun 22-Mar-20 23:51:58

I have allergic asthma and I've been very wheezy all week. It's the tree pollen. I can't get a new Ventolin without visiting the doctor as I'm not a 'registered asthmatic'. The fact that I'm isolating makes no difference. Luckily, I know somebody with one to spare.

GagaJo Mon 23-Mar-20 07:59:27

No. My cough has totally gone. Daughter has her cough back now though. And grandson is incubating one very red cheek and a slight rash. Do 2 year olds still have teeth to come in?

How are you Davidhs and Rosiebee?

Rosiebee Mon 23-Mar-20 09:40:16

Started with it Thursday evening and it's now Mon morning. DH -Ex teacher- has plotted my temperature on a graph. It's been 100 a couple of times but mostly it's not quite so high but still well above normal. Feel very tired esp by evening and have no appetite. Very thirsty but no matter how much water I drink, it still tastes as though something has died in my mouth. Apart from all that, things are ok and touch wood DH is ok. He's my main concern. Best thing I have had to eat was homemade marmalade on toast, also some tinned peaches. I had lots of plans to use the time turning out cupboards etc but that will come. Thank goodness for spring weather. Can crochet in conservatory with Sun on my back. Always look on the bright sidesmile Stay safe everyone.

Chestnut Tue 24-Mar-20 09:56:31

Please be careful everyone. Apparently after a week just when you start feeling better that's when the lungs can start to fail and you need hospital. Watch out at that point, you will either get better or get worse. Have a hospital bag packed just in case.
Love and best wishes to all xxx

Willow500 Tue 24-Mar-20 10:11:42

GagaJo a friend's GD went down with what they thought might be the virus last week but actually turned out to be scarlet fever. Might be worth your daughter ringing the GP if it's possible to check the symptoms. Hope you and all those with the virus are feeling better soon.

BlueSky Tue 24-Mar-20 12:07:06

Feeling out of sorts and tired hopefully just anxiety and stress plus not having had a restful night sleep since all this started. Also stomach playing up.

tickingbird Tue 24-Mar-20 12:11:11

BlueSky Try not to worry as I’m not sleeping well either. What will be will be. I think everyone is anxious in these strange times.

GagaJo Tue 24-Mar-20 13:30:12

Still thinking of you both, David and Rosie.

Just think! Once you're better you'll have the anxiety about catching it taken off your shoulders.