Gransnet forums

Health

Arrogant grand daughter

(58 Posts)
Alexa Mon 23-Mar-20 21:44:58

This intelligent 25 year old woman has gone from my son's household where she lives to visit her boyfriend's family, staying overnight with her boyfriend. I have no influence over her and apparently neither has my son or daughter in law. I can only guess she is unwilling to do as she is told because she believes she knows better than anyone else.

I cannot express these feelings to my son as he is an intelligent and responsible man and knows very well the need not to make unnecessary social visits especially where practically impossible to keep six feet way from others.

Hithere Tue 24-Mar-20 19:33:26

Rosina

Love it. Thanks for posting it

Callistemon Tue 24-Mar-20 19:36:18

Rosina I think that deserves a thread of its own.

H1954 Tue 24-Mar-20 19:39:27

This "intelligent" 25 year old deserves to be pulled over by the police ( I gather that she is driving ) and questioned as to why she is out of her home! She then deserves to received a hefty fine! What a stupid, spoilt, self centred independent young woman!

Nannan2 Tue 24-Mar-20 20:26:09

Yes if the boyfriend has his own home then it shouldnt be a problem should it? She can stay there- maybe that was her plan anyway?the only problem emerges if her boyfriend doesnt want her to be there full time- or if he too lives with his family- as of course they may not allow this? They gave advice on that subject today on bbc- my youngest daughters in same situation (she lives with her dad,my ex)but her chap lives with his family too& he had pneumonia badly a couple of winters ago so they'll probably have to stay apart.she used to stay only one night anyway.

Nannan2 Tue 24-Mar-20 20:49:16

I didnt see my older 'kids' or any of my grandkids on mothers day (but i have my 2 youngest who live with me) but i dont understand why no one can follow this rule- i went out only twice in last 2weeks (both times a neccessary) i have my blood tested for warfarin & you can't do it at home.i went straight there(&back,in a car) but i saw a nurse passing in hosp& i moved across out of the way,i felt her touch against me as i turned- she was swinging her arms as she walked.then i went to collect a dental prescription (with plastic gloves on) as i was in agony yesterday,i saw 3 people (layabouts) stood close to each other,with their dogs racing up& down near the shop,i avoided them & went to throw a paper bag in litter bin,the girl of the group sauntered straight across my path in front of me,(but turned to mumble sorry) Id much rather she hadnt.in fact why couldnt she have just kept out of way& gone right behind me?No idea yet have they what it means.hmm

Nannan2 Tue 24-Mar-20 21:01:03

Yes i hadn't realised you'd already said her boyfriend was with his parents- i missed that,but yes as another poster said,if i was his parents,id tell her to go straight back home!! And tell my son to get his own place so they could live together!

Nannan2 Tue 24-Mar-20 21:15:41

Rosina, I'm aware this is sent on to you,but im shocked & surprised that theyre already letting them out of lockdown- im afraid of it all starting allover again if its too soon- and im fearful of our stupid government following suit!hmm