(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 26-Dec-20 13:03:39

support, understanding and sharing for all mental health
troubles .

Anniebach Fri 19-Feb-21 18:55:34

Thank you polomint it was frightening and I still feel some
anxiety x

Doodle Fri 19-Feb-21 18:58:43

I can imagine you being frightened Annie . You must have expected the worst. What was he like, was he ok with you?

Anniebach Fri 19-Feb-21 19:22:49

I didn’t like him Doodle and if his entry into my home did cause me anxiety after he left he made me angry. Every enabler writes in a file which is left in my house, when he was here I said ‘I am ready to do my walking’ he said ‘no need if you don’t want to’, I walked on my own as I do every morning, he sat on the sofa . He wrote in the file that I had walked with
encouragement, he was suppose to walk with me and remind me if I was walking the way I use to before they first came , they say things like ‘straighten that foot’, I am learning to walk
a different way, the physiotherapy dept is closed, if it was open
I would be going there to walk on a treadmill.

Doodle Sat 20-Feb-21 15:53:59

Oh Annie that’s not good. Doesn’t sound as though he’s doing the job properly. Let’s hope you don’t get him again.
Are you making any progress with the walking?

Nonnie Sun 21-Feb-21 10:02:09

No Doodle not exactly 'personal' but something which affects me and also others quite a lot. So many things get to meat the moment, many of which have nothing at all to do with me, some of the awful things we see on the news.

Yes, annie I can imagine that! Can you ask that he doesn't come again? Sounds like a jobsworth to me.

I think we all get into bad postural habits, I sometimes remember and stand up straight, makes all the difference. I ask DH to tell me but he never does. Maybe he just doesn't look at me any more grin

Very tired today but will try to motivate as I have put on some of the weight I lost so must get back on track and feel the achievment.

Doodle Sun 21-Feb-21 20:39:13

Nonnie I’m glad it’s not personal to you. I do understand though about reading things and feeling for others even if we are not involved ourselves. Such awful news around at the moment.
I’ve been out for a walk today. Quite mild. So many people out it became quite a job dodging them.
We came back to see two geese walking on our lawn. I think they are a mating couple and we will be blessed with some goslings soon ?
Take care all x

polomint Sun 21-Feb-21 22:59:40

Beautiful calm night tonight around 10pm when I took my dog out for his last puddle before bed. It was too calm, too eerily quiet, not a sound from anywhere, no cars in distance. I found it quite spooky and threatening to be honest. Have pleasant dreams all

Nonnie Mon 22-Feb-21 10:38:00

Oh Doodle what a lovely thing to come home to!

'Polomint' is it normally busy at that time? I never go out for walks after dark so wouldn't have a clue.

I've been musing on perspective/acceptance or whatever you like to call it. Small things which normally would get sorted straight away.

1 The arm broke off on my glasses on Sunday. I could go to the optician but the thought of trying on frames which others have tried on puts me off. They are now taped up and wonky.

2 I need new hearing aids, ones which don't go over the ears because specs and masks cause issues but as there is rarely any need to wear a mask I can put up with it.

3 My hair is a mess and grey at the sides but no one is looking at me anyway.

4 Outside of the house needs painting but does it matter for a few months?

And so on............................................

I think that is a positive because I can see they are really only minor annoyances.

Anniebach Mon 22-Feb-21 11:31:17

Hi all x

How is everyone ?

It’s stop raining in Mid Wales !

Doodle Mon 22-Feb-21 13:51:19

That’s a good positive Annie ?
Nonnie my glasses broke over a year ago. I haven’t had them fixed for the same reason.
My hair looks like a witch’s grey bits coming through and long and wild.
polomint you made me laugh. Are there many people who refer to dogs as doing puddles, we always did ?
Not going out today. Was sneezing a lot yesterday and my eyes were sore. It’s hayfever. I always get it sometime in February when the trees start budding.
Hope everyone is ok.

polomint Mon 22-Feb-21 14:48:08

Yes it's usually quite busy with cars on the main road nonnie and I usually hear some kind of noise from houses. doodle..I did mean to text piddle but puddle is much the same only bigger haha

Scaredycat Mon 22-Feb-21 16:06:34

Hello everyone
Annie- that was a horrible experience for you it doesn’t sound like he is very good at his job - you deserve better. Glad your rain has stopped - so has ours.
Doodle - yes Sunday was a busy walking day here too and I think we spent nearly as much time in the road dodging selfish people as we did on the paths!!! How lovely to have Geese visitors hope they bring their children to see you when they arrive.
Polo- I always find the dark a bit intimidating. The sky at night can be lovely for those with no light pollution though. I hope you slept well!! I thought puddle was your name for a piddle???
Nonnie- I admire your positivity regarding your annoyances. My trouble is I have to do things as soon as they need doing so I,d have had to brave the opticians even though the thought of it fills me with fright. Ditto the hearing aids. Little things can throw me in a tizz - I,m brilliant at making a mountain out of a mole hill. I can deal much better with big stuff. Think we are all suffering with lockdown hair- I,ve hacked at mine a bit so it’s looking a bit chewed.
This afternoon we went to pickup prescriptions from pharmacy - it was a nightmare for me and my anxiety hit the roof. I am allergic to an ingredient that is in many meds so can only have a certain AF med- they hadn’t got it (supply problems) I hate being in there at the best of times but so many people,wrong meds and being in there so long sorting it freaked me out. Even knowing I,d had the first jab didn’t help my stupid brain at all. So glad when we got home just got to stop shaking now and let it go.I hate being like this but I just get so frightened of certain things- sorry to go on.
Love to all in BDGxx

Joce345 Tue 23-Feb-21 09:22:31

Morning BDG hope everyone’s ok.
I’m in the background reading not got a lot to say.
Hopefully things are looking better with the covid for us all.
Have a good day all...

Anniebach Tue 23-Feb-21 10:02:11

Hi all x

How is everyone?

Scaredycat you didn’t ‘go on’, Black Dog was started by batty
for those who had anxiety, depression etc to talk of their difficulties.

Your visit to the pharmacy was stressful, nothing stupid about
your brain, you went there, you waited , had what you went for and then went home. You achieved so much , please tell yourself this , you did it ?

Joyce when you are ready please step out of the background
we are here for you x

Nonnie Tue 23-Feb-21 11:05:52

Doodle I won't be able to get that out of my mind, now I'm a witch too grin.

Hope the hayfever clears soon.

Scardycat that all sounds like a nightmare. I used to do everything asap, never left anything to the last minute but over this last year I have become very good at procrastination. I have always put off doing anything about health issues, put them off and hope they go away, sometimes they do but often not. I think it is because I have had so many operations and serious medical things happen that I just can't face going through it all again if I can avoid it. I should be going for an overdue blood test but will wait until after my second vaccine dose.

Joce good to see you, not a lot going on is probably good.

Beautiful day, DH and I are going for a walk round the lake shortly. Might go without a hat!

Scaredycat Tue 23-Feb-21 15:46:10

Annie- thank you so much for your kind words - it means a lot. I went back today to pick up the missing meds and it was much quieter so no shaking!! I have such a fear of us running out of our meds.
I hope you are ok today and that the sun is out in Wales as it is here. How is the walking going?xx
Joce- good to know you are here
Nonnie- my DH is the master of procrastination ! I,ve never got the hang of it? hope you ,ve had a good walk it really is a beautiful day isn’t it.
Doodle- hope your hay fever has abated a bit today - sore itchy eyes are so uncomfortable. Yesterday in the pharmacy I overheard a young lady saying how bad her eyes were already.
Love to allx

Doodle Tue 23-Feb-21 20:00:52

Scaredycat I don’t like my medication being changed either. I can understand your being upset especially having to hang round so long. The only shop I go in these days is the pharmacy and I like to get in and out as quickly as possible.
As Annie said, you are not going on just telling us how you feel which is what the BDG is all about. Being frightened and anxious is no joke and any who think it is have never experienced it. Hope you have recovered now and feel a bit better.
polomint our dogs only ever did puddles. Big ones ?
Joce glad you are still around. Hope you are ok. Not much to talk about in lockdown is there?
Nonnie I’ve been looking for a hair clip or something to hold my hair back. I’ve got flick ups now like I had in my teenage years. I wonder if it will ever come back into fashion.?
I’m supposed to go for a blood test too but like you will put it off till I’ve had my second jab.
scaredycat you were brave to go back to the pharmacy today. Good for you, glad you got your meds. Hay fever still with me. Not too bad but my eyes are quite sore. They feel very dry and irritated.
Take care all. Sleep well
Lavender if you’re reading, I hope you are doing ok too.

polomint Tue 23-Feb-21 22:32:16

Boris and nicola have spoken. Things are looking up and there may be light attend of a long tunnel. Just need to try and keep our spirits up.
I only caught tail end of bbc special about the blitz spirit during the war. Maybe the programme was put on to boost our morale and compare our situation today against the war years. Take care everyone

Nonnie Wed 24-Feb-21 10:38:27

Doodle everything comes back into fashion! Our local newsreader also has flick ups so go for it!

I'm another one who goes to the pharmacy and no other shops, they are very good though, only allow 3 people in the shop at once and screens between them and us.

Polomint that is a good, positive way to look at it. I hope it means we can see our family and friends soon. We have relatives in 3 other countries we would love to hug.

We only saw the beginning of that programme, will watch the rest tonight, was interesting.

Had a good long, very muddy, walk round the lake yesterday, had to keep waiting for DH who was trying not to get muddy. I just gave up and walked through it grin.

Feeling very groggy today, hardly slept at all last night so plans to wash a car and do gardening are out the window.

Doodle Wed 24-Feb-21 19:15:19

Hi all. Just a short post tonight. My eyes are so sore.
It’s pollen related. I am allergic to tree pollen and have been suffering a lot recently but today my eyes are really red and itchy and have given me a headache.
polomint we must never give up. Hope is all we have and things are looking brighter.
Nonnie do you think I could get a job as a newsreader with my flick ups ?
We only had a short walk today (to keep away from the pollen) to collect our medication from the pharmacy. Hope you are feeling better tonight.
Annie have you had any visitors today? Hope you are ok.

Joce345 Thu 25-Feb-21 09:08:19

Morning all .
Annie how are you? Are you still having lots of visitors..
Hope you all have a good day the sun is shining hear, hope it’s shining for you all ?

Anniebach Thu 25-Feb-21 09:22:45

Hi all x

How is everyone ?

Doodle. Joyce yes an enabler comes every morning and it’s really difficult, sorry I am not giving support here, things are so difficult and I am exhausted.

But, i am here for you x

Nonnie Thu 25-Feb-21 10:22:22

Doodle just imagine if you did get that job, having to look interested all the time! At least you would talk without putting commas in all the wrong places as they do these days grin. How come so many of TV get their hair cut when we can't?

Hope the pollen issues go away soon, how long do they usually last?

Annie you need the support given as well as giving. Sounds so different to the way your life has been so bound to be tiring. Just hang in there one day at a time.

I'm feeling a bit better since having a good sleep so about to go and do some gardening before the procrastination sets in again.

Scaredycat Thu 25-Feb-21 15:23:02

Hello
Polomint- you are right we do have to keep our spirts up and hope there is a brighter time coming for us all. I think it has been a war but of a different kind with an invisible enemy.
Nonnie- glad you had a better sleep and are raring to go. We did a bit of tidying in the garden this morning and cleaned out the bird bath- just waiting for some customers. Perhaps they are waiting for us to put out little towels!!!
Doodle- hope your eyes are feeling more comfortable today. Would wrap around sunglasses help to keep the pollen away?
Joce- no sun today but hope you are enjoying yours.
Annie- you need support too - you are so generous with yours . It must be very strange for you to see so many people after such isolation so no wonder it has worn you out. But hopefully the help being given to you will reap benefits in the long run- I do hope so. Sending a hug.
Love to allxxx

Doodle Thu 25-Feb-21 16:29:42

Annie you need to take care of yourself. So much is happening for you now when you are used to being on your own.
I did hope the enablers would help you rather than wear you out. Hope your DD and SIL can sort out the bedroom carpet soon so you can sleep in bed, take care x
Joce yes we have sun too but I’m staying in as I’m allergic to tree pollen and my eyes are swollen and sore.
It will pass but very annoying at the time.
How are you doing?
Nonnie I’d be useless. Couldn’t read an autocue for a start ?. Pollen is usually about 4 weeks but by then the antihistamines kick in and it’s not so bad.
Enjoy you time in the garden.
scaredycat it’s a good idea but I think the pollen is just around in the air. We have lots of trees round here so no chance of escape. You made me laugh at the thought of putting out little towels for the birds. ?
Have a good day all x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion