Gransnet forums

Health

BLACK DOG 9

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 26-Dec-20 13:03:39

support, understanding and sharing for all mental health
troubles .

Joce345 Thu 14-Jan-21 18:08:27

Scaredycat it’s good to hear you had your covid jab... yes think you are right we have no choice, i think the snow in our area will have stoped a lot getting there’s today... I I had my b12 jab yesterday and my nurse was going for hers I was pleased for her..
Bluesky I was wondering how people that can’t go out will get there jab..
Hope everyone has a peaceful evening ?

Doodle Thu 14-Jan-21 19:34:47

Joce 8 weeks . Wow that’s gone quickly. I bet there’s been quite some changes in that 8 weeks.
Annie I am glad you are snow free. You are right about walking. I was really surprised yesterday how unfit I felt, not going walking for about 3 weeks.
I’m not surprised you get down Annie. I doubt if any of us would cope as well as you do. I imagine something would have to be sorted out for people who can’t get to the vaccination centre. You can’t possibly make it to the centre.
I wish something could be done to help you. The physio has let you down again. Do your local surgery ever check up on how you are? They should do.
If you are contacted about the vaccination you should tell them you can’t get out and ask what provision there is for the housebound.
Bluesky nothing much happening here either. I don’t worry about side effects. DH and I have decided we need the jab and will have it if offered. We will not travel to one of those big centres however, we will wait for it to become available more locally.
scaredycat yes the days are getting longer. Spring will come, we must not forget that. Yes DH has a large number of meds (quite a heavy bag to walk home with ?). He is very organised though so he doesn’t run out. Been raining all day here so haven’t ventured out at all.
Wow you’ve had your jab. Fantastic news. As you say, no choice really. So glad you’ve got it done.
Take care all x

Doodle Fri 15-Jan-21 11:29:44

Morning all. Grey and dull today but not raining so far.
Hopefully you don’t have snow Annie.
Is it worth trying your own GP to see if they can hurry up the knee support?
No news on vaccinations here yet. Would be lovely to hug our family but we will have to wait.
Just thinking this morning about Terry Waite (he was mentioned on the Canterbury Cathedral website yesterday which was why he was in my mind) . Being in lockdown is bad enough, can’t imagine how he coped.
I can thoroughly recommend the Deans morning service from his garden at Canterbury Cathedral to anyone who’s remotely interested. He is a most knowledgeable person and talks of music, the arts, travel, writers, poets, all sorts. Always something of interest to listen to.
I might do some painting today if I get the chance.
Take care all x
P.s. the sun has just come out. Sending some to you Annie ?

Anniebach Fri 15-Jan-21 20:48:22

Hi all x

Doodle we don’t have our own GP now, we get whoever is
taking calls , when I had a return call about 2 weeks ago it was from a locum . No snow here thank heaven.

Yes Terry Waite , over 4 years poor man, horrific.

My iPad is playing up again, keeps freezing, really annoying
and I bought stitching patterns from a company and downloaded them, think I will have to buy the paper patterns.

Hope you got some painting done , relaxing.

I must listen to the Dean’s morning service , thank you x

Doodle Fri 15-Jan-21 21:49:19

Hi Annie. Good you haven’t got snow. I think it would be worth another call to the GP to se what they say will be done re all those visits you had that came to nothing.
Don’t know what’s happened to Chrissy, Hope she’s ok. Not heard from her for a while. x

Doodle Fri 15-Jan-21 21:49:55

Sorry, meant to add I’m sorry about your iPad. Hope you get it fixed.

Anniebach Fri 15-Jan-21 22:30:37

Doodle no point in ringing a GP, I wasn’t referred by a GP,
the physiotherapist came after a neighbour complained .

I am concerned for Chrissy too , can’t get iPad fixed local computer shop in lockdown.

Anniebach Sat 16-Jan-21 11:03:47

Hi all x

Hope everyone is coping

Doodle Sat 16-Jan-21 15:29:01

Annie I would have thought the physio would have written to or contacted your GP in some way.
Don’t like to think of you being in all that pain without help.
Have you heard from your MT at all?
Grey now and overcast but we did have sun this morning.
Hope everyone has a good day. x

Anniebach Sat 16-Jan-21 17:26:16

Doodle I don’t have a GP now, since last March one speaks to a GP who is taking calls on the day arranged.

To complain to a GP that I have been waiting a month for a knee brace wouldn’t be wise, GP isn’t going to contact physiotherapy dept and ask if the brace is ordered , if they did
the answer would be - yes.

In Wales people have been waiting since last April for knee/ hip replacement, long waiting list to see consultant and heaven
know where, could be 50 miles away and to be added to the waiting list.

Mini tornado is preparing for exams this month , she messages to ask me if I am ok and assures me she is ok,

Miserable weather isn’t it ? How is your husband’s recovery going ? x

lavenderzen Sat 16-Jan-21 20:02:14

Hello everyone and Annie xx

Just calling in to wish you all a peaceful evening and a good nights sleep.
Thinking of you all and sending love xx

Scaredycat Sat 16-Jan-21 20:57:12

Good evening everyone.
Hi Doodle- did you do some painting? I spoke to my Great Grandaughter on Face Time today. She was using the watercolours we bought her for Xmas for the first time and wanted some advice. It was so sweet to see her attempting colour mixing and painting pretty hearts. I do hope your DH is feeling much better now and will soon be able to get out.
Annie- Glad you haven,t any snow. We woke up to a sprinkling this morning but the rain soon washed it away. It has rained so much lately and when we go out walking it’s either dodging stupid people or dodging giant puddles!!!!
You must feel so frustrated at the difficulty getting any proper help from anyone. Hopefully the knee brace situation will be sorted soon. Perhaps because so many people have now had treatment postponed they are in short supply.
Glad your MT is ok and able to be doing her exams.
Take care Annie x
Lavender,Joce ,Bluesky, Nonnie,Nanny,Rafichagran,Chrissy and everyone wishing you a restful night. X

Anniebach Sun 17-Jan-21 12:25:38

Hi all x

Hope everyone is coping

Nonnie Sun 17-Jan-21 13:50:36

Hello everyone, I'm trying to come back on after not feeling up to it for a while. I haven't read up what I have missed but will try to keep up from now on.

I hope you are all OK and coping with your hardships and MH.

We have been through a lot in the last month but can now say we have survived. DH does not have cancer, family are well but of course concerned for their jobs.

Although I haven't been on I have continued to pray for you all.

petra Sun 17-Jan-21 13:57:58

Annie
Re your iPad. You haven't got too many programs running, have you?

Anniebach Sun 17-Jan-21 14:24:15

Hello Petra, probably, my granddaughter sorts it out for me
but hasn’t been able to visit for over 3 months, wish there was a book ‘iPads for Dummies’ , I need one !

petra Sun 17-Jan-21 14:32:06

Annie
Most of what you want to know about iPads is on YouTube.
Do you know what I mean about too many programs running?

Anniebach Sun 17-Jan-21 14:37:41

petra in honesty no I don’t know what it means

petra Sun 17-Jan-21 15:07:19

Annie
As an example you are using gransnet now. That is a program running. When you stop using GN do you close it down from the double blue box in top right hand corner?
If you don't and then you search ebay/Amazon etc and don't shut them down by the same method these programs are still running taking up space.
Double click your home button. That's the button you switch on with. If there are other screens behind the one your reading these pages are still running
If there are some there just swish them up, they will go.

Here's your book. www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb/books/nancy-c-muir/ipad-for-seniors-for-dummies/9781118944387?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3Y-ABhCnARIsAKYDH7vnEIHwCvJCX8Wjgs8-r5HFVGtWh2A_BuGSQFT6yrBArQxgsgEgXw0aArcKEALw_wcB

Anniebach Sun 17-Jan-21 17:37:08

Good grief petra I never close down anything , thank you so
much and for the book info, I am most grateful x

Doodle Sun 17-Jan-21 20:05:49

Evening all. That’s kind of you to help out Petra.
Nonnie how are you? It sounds as though things have been hard for you recently. Good news about your DH though. Thank you for your prayers.
scaredycat no still not got round to painting. I don’t know where the day goes. Nice to have something to talk about with your DGD. Good she is enjoying the watercolours.
Annie how have you been today? DH is getting better, thanks for asking. It will be a slow job though I think.
Take care all x

petra Sun 17-Jan-21 22:28:23

Annie
You won't believe this. I've just been telling Oh about our messages. He said what are you talking about
I explained: he said i never shut anything down
When I showed him he had loads and loads of programs running. He never knew.
He's always complaining that his iPad is running slow/freezing.
I just assumed he knew ?

Nonnie Mon 18-Jan-21 11:08:54

Thanks Doodle been difficult but getting better. Finding it hard to cope with other people's problems, 2 couples separating after quite a time and I feel as if I should be able to help.

Don't know about iPads but on other laptops if you press ctrl,alt,delete you can get to a list of all programs running and delete whichever you don't want. Think Apples have an apple key where I have ctrl, they used to many years ago.

I expect someone has already suggested that if all else fails just switch it off, wait a minute then switch on again.

Going out to tidy front garden as it is such a beautiful day.

Anniebach Mon 18-Jan-21 11:36:00

Hi all x

petra so funny reading of your husband’s iPad problem, thank you x

nonnie sorry you have been having a difficult time, good news about your husband. Why do you think you should be able to help those couples ? I understand ‘ I wish I could help’
but ‘should ‘ ? you are adding to your stress .

Doodle your poor husband, still much pain ?

Spring Mon 18-Jan-21 12:09:03

Hello!!
I’m 62. Separated. I have an 8yo gd whom I love dearly, but luckily have been in contact by FaceTiming regularly through the pandemic.
however, I suffer extremely panic attacks. I had one last night which lasted for 6 hours which filled me with terror, impending doom&death & complete isolation until exhausted sleep took over.
I don’t/won’t contact anyone (I only have my sister, who gets dreadfully upset & worried as she really can’t help me when I’m in the throes of an attack?
I don’t contact the MH team as they just tell me to deep breathe & take a Valium.
I’ve sort of concluded no one can help me. I can’t help myself and live in the utter fear of another attack.
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum for this post.
I feel very alone and would welcome being able to chat with some on the phone about ‘life, grandkids etc’
It would be a bonus if they understood MH & all its complexities❤️

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion