Gransnet forums

Health

Do you wake up in the morning feeling refreshed?

(79 Posts)
Shinamae Fri 30-Apr-21 10:30:39

Despite having between seven and nine hours sleep a night(but usually getting up-once when nature calls) I do not wake up feeling refreshed I wake up totally sluggish and have to drag myself out of bed and l can’t understand it.... I do have friends that manage to leap out of bed full of the joys of spring, how I wish I were one of them....

jeanie99 Sat 08-May-21 08:49:16

I don't wake up tired but aching in my legs, I do a stretch while still in bed (knees to chest) and slowly get out.
I usually have back ache which seen to wear off as the day goes on.
At the moment in additional I have a painful heel and the top of my (same leg) aching.
I'm 76 now but up until 3 years ago didn't have any of this. Family say I do too much, I do gardening and walking and am not sedimentary but I'm trying to rest up now because of going I'm going away in a few days.
I do have a number of health issues but still do everything I want to within reason.
I'm not a good patient.

Greyduster Sat 08-May-21 09:33:52

I have not woken refreshed for some time - I often say to DH I feel as if I have spent the night stuffed into a large box with the lid on. I am a mass of aches and pains until I’ve had a shower and eased it all out.

timetogo2016 Sun 09-May-21 10:32:15

The first thing i think when i wake up is thank god i`m still here.
That will do for me.