Gransnet forums

Health

Daughter has emergency brain surgery....advice

(115 Posts)
BigBertha1 Thu 16-Nov-23 06:26:51

My eldest daughter needed emergency brain surgery yesterday for an anuerysm. My nephew her first cousin died of the same thing in April this year at the same age as her. I have spent all night awake we are going to the hospital early this morning. I am asking for any and all advice from grandmothers who may have had experience in this area. My head is full of all kinds of stuff. I can't seem to calm down and think straight it's just not like me. I was a nurse so have a fair bit of knowledge clinically but I very muddled on anything else. Any support very welcome. Thankyou.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 18-Nov-23 10:53:11

I’ve been watching this thread.

Such positive news. The doctors perform miracles at times.

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery to your daughter.

BigBertha1 Mon 20-Nov-23 14:55:40

Hello all just to say it looks as though Victoria continues to improve- she managed to shower herself today. I think she may be going home soon- we haven't heard if there was anything to be concerned about on the second scan so fingers crossed. I am prepared for her to be a bit depressed as she tends to that especially over the winter. She has had to cancel the spinal anaesthetic she had booked in for tomorrow to alleviate back pain and I may think that ay not be happening for some time if at all. Thank you all again for the kind messages and the support. Thank you flowers

Callistemon21 Mon 20-Nov-23 14:57:32

Good news, BigBertha

I hope her recovery continues well.

Joseann Mon 20-Nov-23 14:59:01

🤞 for going home soon.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 20-Nov-23 14:59:40

I’m so pleased to read that Victoria is progressing well. Thank you so much for telling us Bertha. I hope the back pain can be managed.

Grannynannywanny Mon 20-Nov-23 15:39:10

Lovely to read your positive news BigBertha1.

crazyH Mon 20-Nov-23 15:49:11

So pleased xx

Norah Mon 20-Nov-23 16:05:10

Lovely update! flowers

downtoearth Mon 20-Nov-23 16:05:52

Glad to hear such positive news for Victoria,onwards and upwards,look after yourself too BigBertha

Shelflife Mon 20-Nov-23 16:09:54

Such good news, thankyou for keeping us posted.💐💐

Aveline Mon 20-Nov-23 16:36:05

That's great to hear BigBertha. Obviously, she's up and moving and talking, remembering and planning. Not out of the woods yet but so much better than she could have been.sunshine

Luckygirl3 Mon 20-Nov-23 16:47:30

That is splendid news - I do hope her recovery continues to go well.

undines Mon 20-Nov-23 16:54:55

Love and healing wishes. You do not need to think clearly, in fact you don't need to think at all. Being there, loving and caring are the greatest thing.

Whiff Mon 20-Nov-23 17:09:18

BB get news about Victoria. Having a shower is a big step so soon after her operation. She may feel low but I hope she can see a future ahead of her. She will have to be patient and take one day at a time. Sorry she has back pain could a tens machine help until she is able to have the spinal anaesthesia.