I dreaded turning 50, but once I did I realised that age was just a number and nothing much really changed. However, since turning 60, I absolutely hate it and feel time is now running out. Because of this, I am desperately trying to tick all those boxes and do everything I have always wanted to do before it’s too late. My son and his family live quite a distance, but I do see them as much as I can. My Mum has recently been diagnosed with Dementia too, and I don’t think that has helped. She was always so strong and independent, and now she is like a frail, insecure child.
In addition to this, my partner is happy to just sit back and enjoy doing “ nothing “ in retirement ( we are both retired ).
I have spoke to him so many times about this, but he is just not interested.
On the surface we have everything, enough money for early retirement, our health, and a lovely home. So why am I so unhappy.
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
Not wanting to pick up 10 month old granddaughter
Wedding Present Dinner Service.
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.




