ethelt, Have a look here for silverfish tips.
If I listed what's under my kitchen sink I'd be here till next week. Candles, sponges, brushes, rags, children's paintbrushes and glue spreaders.... the list goes on.
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?
I have a theory that there is an inverse proportion of how little you do a particular chore, or hate it and the number of products for that chore which you buy.
For instance, under my sink I have 3different window cleaning products, about 4types of silver cleaner, industrial quantities of refill sponge washing up brush heads, 2boxes of oven cleaner and 2 packets of "toilet wipes"(no, not bum, loo seat).
Oh and I also have a "swiffer" wooden floor mop thingy and 2 different types of floor mop.
Not forgetting I have 2 vacuum cleaners, a Dyson and a Miele cat and dog hair type.
I have a cleaner 
Why then?
ethelt, Have a look here for silverfish tips.
If I listed what's under my kitchen sink I'd be here till next week. Candles, sponges, brushes, rags, children's paintbrushes and glue spreaders.... the list goes on.
An old treacle tin full of Allen keys
Box of miniature screwdrivers,
Re loo rolls, because I haven't been going to were the Nicky Elite rolls are sold, I have been buying Andrex, Cushelle, Kleenex, Waitrose own etc and getting through them at a great rate of knots! The Nicky are triple ply, soft, strong and in my opinion much better value for money.
Without going into too much detail
we find that we use less of the Nicky than we do Andrex, for example.
Lightbulbs. Several of which would only fit lamps that we no longer have 
It was so embarrassing when the plumber had to turn off the water - under the sink. However, he assured me that he had seen worse. 
It was so embarrassing when the plumber had to turn off the water - under the sink. However, he assured me that he had seen worse. 
Ha Ha Tegan. I too have kebab skewers and tongue depressors under my sink!! DH used to use the tongue depressors for many DIY jobs, but I haven't found a great need of them myself.
There are also vases, 'useful' size carrier bags, too many cleaning products, too many cleaning cloths, dishwasher products, and the mini vacuum cleaner fixed to the side.
Ours is a digrace too annodomini. there are 2 washing up bowls there, one half filled with water from a leaky tap. Sometimes a dead mouse floating on the water.
We keep the cleaning materials in another cupboard, which is tidy but overstocked.
Greyduster - my husband is similar to yours, gets on my nerves because I'm a bit of a scruff. Don't wear your glasses and you won't notice the dust .
TriciaF
! A lady after my own heart!
I keep buying new cleaning products just because I love the smell of them, and can't resist trying a new one. My under sink cupboard is full to bursting - probably because I rarely find time to actually use the products!
TriciaF me too. Quentin Crisp is my hero 
I'm currently using the tongue depressors to chip off limescale * that has accumulated round the taps. Alas, now that I no longer work I can't get them from there so my supply is almost gone. I always had to chuckle at the tongue depressors;'doctor, doctor I'm feeling really fed up today' sort of stuff. Having felt moved to have a tidy up under the sink yesterday a vase has now been moved into another cupboard [I will now forget where it is even though I'd forgotten I had it].
*one tap has a bit of cotton wool soaked in Toilet Duck wrapped round the end secured with dental floss...am about to remove it in the hope it has softened enough to chip the limescale off [the rest of the house looks as if it hasn't been cleaned for months and has been ransacked and yet I'm cleaning taps
]....
the house looks as if it hasn't been cleaned for months and has been ransacked
ditto, but I'm on here.
...left the taps; going to do some pruning in the garden now.....
No - it ony happened once!
When we cleared my mother's house some years ago we found vast stocks of loo rolls, washing powder and the like. Anyone visiting always offered to bring in shopping for her and she always asked for heavy or awkward items difficult to carry on the bus. With several people shopping it never seemed excessive at the time although we none of us stopped to think only one person was apparently using the same amount as a whole family.
Several years on I am still using up her stocks of some cleaning products and with those added to my own "just in case" selection the cupboard groans. Have adopted a policy now of "just in time" putting things on the shopping list when half way down the last container and it is working a treat. Applies to toiletries and cosmetics, too. What a shame it has taken so long for the realisation to dawn!
I feel much better knowing there are others...
I just counted up how many white wash loads I could do... almost 200. Don't think I'd better count anything else - there's the coloureds, the dark and denim, the wool and silk, the non-bio... Well it doesn't go off does it? 
Many years ago I wrote "Who dusts?" in the dust on top of my dad's bookcase Janeainsworth, several months later when visiting I noticed "Not me!" written underneath! Still makes me smile.

..ages ago the S.O. [who loves shopping]bought me two huge packs of Persil when it was on offer. I obviously don't do much washing
because part way through the first one it had started to clump and go damp. I then discovered gel capsules which I much prefer [I don't get white marks on dark clothes any more]so I'm still on the second box. It's so damp and clumpy now that I only use it for light coloured sheets etc or the dogs bedding.
Jam jars under my sink. There is this certain shape of jar I simply cannot recycle. I love the ones with red check lids. Most recently I have been making jam jar muslie pots with them. Soaking oats,seeds, apricots pretty much anything , simple nutritious breakfasts.
My under sink cupboard is half filled with baking trays etc and the rest is full of miscellaneous cleaning products, many half used/full and really I should get on and Kondo it.
I cleared out the under the stairs cupboard recently and chucked out at least 50% of the c..p that I'd been saving 'just in case'.....of what?? I had enough bubble wrap to fill three carrier bags 
I admit to a siege mentality 

Vegtables in a box one side. On the shelf above various big mixing bowls. salad spinners etc.
The other sides where the sink is there is a box of dishwasher tablets and underneath, rinse aid and a box with all sorts of plastic tubs containers jelly moulds, old lids etc which all get used.
In the utility room is a single cupboard with all sort in, window sprays, silver cleaner, meths washing soda, caustic soda etc. Usually some ant powder or weed killer waiting to find its way back to the potting shed.
You could have quite a bit of fun with home chemistry experiments if you wanted to, but its not advisable.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.