My DH can't bend to dry himself easily so after a shower he shuffles his feet on the bath towel then goes into the bedroom and blows himself dry all over, including between his toes, with the hairdryer.
Words of wisdom from literary gransnetters
I have a small shower room with basin & toilet. When I have had my shower I need to sit down to dry my feet, so the obvious place is the closed toilet, but I’m finding it really difficult to buy a towelling cover as I’ve had in the past. My usual go to stores John Lewis or Dunelm, no longer seem to stock them, Amazon have a few three piece sets, but they don’t look very good quality, they are all highly patterned and I only want the toilet cover, not a whole set. What do other people do?
My DH can't bend to dry himself easily so after a shower he shuffles his feet on the bath towel then goes into the bedroom and blows himself dry all over, including between his toes, with the hairdryer.
Today, when I had my bath I analysed what I did and realise that my comment abaout putting knickers on first is not entirely accurate
The art of drying without a cover on the loo seat is having bath sheets rather than bath towels. Once you have stepped out of the bath and dried your top half, wind the bath sheet round your waist. This will be long and reach down to your feet with towel to spare and provides something to sit on and enough towel to dry your lower legs and feet.
I did the same when I got out of the shower and even managed to bend down and cut my toenails.
Success! And no loo seat cover anywhere.
Those of you who wear gloves to clean the toilet - where do you keep the gloves? Or do you use a new pair each time?
If I use the toilet brush after I’ve used it I put bleach in the loo and soak the brush in it for a while. Not for too long because bleach is bad for the pipes. I don’t wear gloves when I clean it, preferring to just wash my hands thoroughly afterwards. I wear gloves for most other things as my hands get sore. Although I hate cleaning wipes in general I do use them for the loo albeit feeling guilty.
SueDonim
Those of you who wear gloves to clean the toilet - where do you keep the gloves? Or do you use a new pair each time?
I certainly hope not ?
I’ve been puzzling over this thread. I’m 81 and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a loo seat cover.
They used to come in 3 piece sets, bath mat, loo mat and loo seat cover.
And
they still do!!
www.wayfair.co.uk/17-Stories--Abibatu-3-Piece-Set-Bath-Mat-V113134032-L1226-K~U002023921.html?refid=GX384042410067-U002023921_1314151930&device=t&ptid=893510556128&targetid=pla-893510556128&network=g&ireid=113048604&PiID%5B%5D=1314151930&device=t&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_YjbqO7O8QIVQe7tCh13mgtREAQYASABEgLut_D_BwE
www.idealtextiles.co.uk/products/cube-terracotta-non-slip-3-piece-toilet-seat-cover-pedestal-bath-mat-set?variant=40187298218158¤cy=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_YjbqO7O8QIVQe7tCh13mgtREAQYBCABEgL2wfD_BwE
Other makes and retailers must be available
www.onbuy.com/gb/1-piece-octopus-4pcs-bathroom-non-slip-soft-bath-pedestal-mat-toilet-lid-carpet-washable-rug~c13644~p28311010/ one possible place for a lid cover. If you wanted to be really grand what about this www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202504374741? I've never seen a cover for the actual bit of the seat round the rim, and there are plenty on ebay, but this one, it's truly something. In fact it makes me feel quite minimalist even though I'm not. You can get father christmas ones, or chanel or versace ones, I'm obviously missing out
The person who started this thread was only asking for advice as to where to buy toilet seat covers, not for a lecture on hygiene. Surely if you have just got out of the shower your nether regions are very clean, so no hygiene issues. This morning, when I was drying my feet sitting on the cold toilet seat in my towel, I thought a nice cozy seat cover would be nice actually! So I'm away to buy one. If I can find one!
netflixfan
The person who started this thread was only asking for advice as to where to buy toilet seat covers, not for a lecture on hygiene. Surely if you have just got out of the shower your nether regions are very clean, so no hygiene issues. This morning, when I was drying my feet sitting on the cold toilet seat in my towel, I thought a nice cozy seat cover would be nice actually! So I'm away to buy one. If I can find one!
netflix fan - if you find one let me know
.
I suspect many people have leapt on the bandwagon of previous posts, but not read my original (or the addition at the bottom of p.2). I did say I wanted a cover for the closed toilet, not a seat cover, I also said I wanted just the cover, not a 3 piece set, and also not a highly patterned cover, just a plain, towelling cover that would fit over the closed lid. Yes, it goes in the wash twice a week with the towels, and as I’ve just come out of the shower I am very clean, so there is no hygiene issue.
I haven’t posted on Gransnet very much before, I’ve been reading in the background and was just plucking up courage to join the community more regularly - but there is no way I want to join such a judgemental community, you won’t see me again.
We're not all judgemental LyWa 
LyWa Amazon have a lot that are just the two piece set to cover the lid and actual seat - you could try one of those and just bin the bit that goes on the seat itself?
Follow my links!!
LyWa For most of us a cover for the loo lid is called a seat cover. They are one and the same thing. I have never seen or heard of a cover for the part you sit on when using the unit for its prime use and do not think they exist.
Terminology is so often a matter that causes confusion on GN because we come from so many different countries and regions of the UK and the same word or group of words describe different things in different areas.
I must admit I was surprised by all the concerns about hygiene, for all the reasons you listed and like you I find bare skin directly on plastic unpleasant.
I am sorry you have found us so judgmental. I am not sure where you live, but unfortunately this type of loo lid cover has been the subject of derision in UK popular culture for at least the last three decades, so you stepped into a mine field when you so innocently inquired about them and I think a lot of us, including me, were so consumed by the humour of the object, we forgot that there was a person behind the enquiry. For which, on my part, I do apologise.
Please give us a second chance. At times we do get shirty with each other, but in many thread we also reach out a hand of compassion to each other and we laugh a lot.
Good post Monica.
I have never seen or heard of a cover for the part you sit on when using the unit for its prime use and do not think they exist.
I think you can buy packs of paper ones and in fact I've seen them in dispensers in loos in airports etc in the Far East.
Available from the big river company and other outlets.
I am a mine of useless information.
Actually Callistemon that info could be useful. I hate using public loos but sometimes needs must Having a couple of these in my bag sounds good.
At times we do get shirty with each other, but in many thread we also reach out a hand of compassion to each other and we laugh a lot.
I totally agree.
I had no idea that is what those toilet seat covers were for, to sit on after a bath.
Toilet seat covers look as if they are sort of permanent, which is obviously not desirable when people want to sit down with bare bottoms. As someone has said better to use a loose towel.
Why not keep a basket of small towels beside the lavatory pan?
JaneJudge
I had no idea that is what those toilet seat covers were for, to sit on after a bath.
Neither did I JaneJudge. I thought the matching three piece sets were to look pretty. They are now out of vogue, but you can still buy them.
maddyone, I just thought they were a style statement too 
Just please do not do what the previous tenant of my previous!!!! apartment did.
She had glued carpet to both sides of the toilet lid, yuck and more yuck. I do actually have a photo of it somewhere as people did not believe me when I told them.
It had been well scrubbed when I moved in but by the end of the first week was replaced.
I have never seen covers here but the paper liners for the toilet are easily available.
nadateturbe
Actually Callistemon that info could be useful. I hate using public loos but sometimes needs must Having a couple of these in my bag sounds good.
Yes, crouching is not always possible, nadateturbe!
I may order some for when I venture further afield.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.