Alexa is pre-installed on my Kindle Fire but I found it butts in if it hears words, in conversations, that have a similar sound or letter string e.g. I'll exercise, he drives a lexus etc. That was happening surprisingly often, so I disabled it. If I need an answer to a question, I usually Google it, or I can re-enable Alexa temporarily. Let's get our pronouns sorted out, though. I won't call Alexa 'she'. It's a genderless thing. It's it! Can you choose the voice, I wonder, like a satnav....?
HOWEVER!
I do think a voice command/reminder would be good for people who might forget and need to be reminded to take medication, especially if it repeats until dismissed, perhaps by having to say, "Shut up, Alexa! I've taken it!" in case you're not in the room the first time. My phone reminds me with a push notification to take my daily thyroxine but it doesn't speak to me and so is very easy to ignore.