We only have one Alexa in the kitchen and I find it/her incredibly useful not least for her timer. When cooking, no need to touch a physical timer, just say 'Alexa, timer, one minute thirty seconds' or whatever and I know she will deliver - on time!
We use 'her' mainly for the radio but there are also free music streaming services too (although one can be £4.00 a month for a vast catalogue of every type of music).
I enjoy wishing her 'goodnight' and she will respond with a variety of messages.
Does anyone think that Alexa sounds just like Winifred Robinson, the BBC radio presenter? I am told that Alexa's voice is completely artificial but she really sounds like WR to me!
Good Morning Wednesday 7th October 2026
Mum's 90th birthday bash coming up
EE sending me a new SIM card because I opted for a new deal.





