Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

employment tribunal

(135 Posts)
seasider Sat 07-Jan-12 00:14:56

has anyone made an application to an employment tribunal? Do you know if applications are usually accepted as long as the grounds are reasonable. Do we put just basic outline on the initial application or do we have to give the full story and supporting evidence? many thanks

merlotgran Fri 28-Dec-12 20:43:18

I've been wondering how you've been getting on, seasider. Hope you get a favourable outcome next time.

Faye Fri 28-Dec-12 21:46:03

Seasider you sound a lot less stressed now than you did earlier in the year. flowers

seasider Sun 06-Jan-13 00:19:55

Thanks everybody I do feel much less stressed about the whole scenario now , probably because DP has a job until at least the end of March. The oral hearing will be as far as we can take the process I think but i just feel we have to try, so fingers crossed. I actually ran into DP's ex-manager ( and supposed friend), who instigated all this trouble, just before Christmas. It was perhaps as well I was volunteering at a charity fundraiser or I could not have been responsible for my actions!!

grannyactivist Sun 06-Jan-13 00:25:34

seasider I know it's hard to persist, but I do admire you for it - even if you don't get the outcome you'd like and deserve I still think that for the sake of the principle you're right to keep on rattling the cage. [medal emoticon]

seasider Sun 06-Jan-13 23:23:18

Thanks grannyactivist .will keep you posted ! smile

messenger Mon 07-Jan-13 19:29:42

Hi Seasider....yes I can offer some advice..especially about ACAS...beware of ACAS....I lost a considerable amount of money because of the inneficient way that my adviser behaved. Because my case was scheduled befrore the `bank` holiday the adviser said that she could not get in touch with me..because telephones were not invented in 2009 or computers or Royal Mail or any other means of communication and as always these organisations watch each others backs...don`t trusat ACAS[ANGRY]

jeni Mon 07-Jan-13 20:02:05

Bonne chance!

messenger Mon 07-Jan-13 22:18:12

Hi Seasider....extremely sorry you lost your case at ET...but now it`s over.. what I would be interested to know is...where were your friends at ACAS their representation for you....NEVER trust ACAS...employers friends..I am STILL[angry[at ACAS so called representation in my case...I would like to take ACAS on.

seasider Tue 08-Jan-13 00:15:10

Hi Messenger I did not find ACAS very helpful and to be honest once things hotted up they backed out. I suspect their role is to try and dissuade people from going to tribunal to save money. Thanks for the good wishes everyone . We go to the oral hearing in May so will let you know the outcome.