Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Dorking for a Surrey meetup

(91 Posts)
Grannyknot Tue 03-Nov-15 15:47:15

Hi everyone,

Purpledaffodil, Greenfinch and moi are planning (have agreed) to meet up in Dorking in Surrey for lunch.

We'd love others in the area to join us.

Please anyone who posts also suggest days that are convenient and maybe even suggest some dates!

Tuesdays or Wednesdays are best for me.

granjura Tue 03-Nov-15 16:14:34

Just come back from Surrey where we have much family - perhaps one day we will be there at the 'right' time.

Any of you members of RHS and could meet for a visit at Wisley?

Greenfinch Tue 03-Nov-15 17:15:52

Can't manage Tuesdays as I have to pick up grandchildren from school Wednesdays are fine.

Purpledaffodil Tue 03-Nov-15 18:22:03

I can do Wednesdays usually. Granjura what a shame we will miss you again. Perhaps you could do a PM when you next visit and we could do a special meet up?
Wisley is a great idea, I am an RHS member and the ticket will also admit a guest. However think Greenfinch is coming on public transport and I am not sure how accessible Wisley is.

granjura Tue 03-Nov-15 19:56:07

One of us could perhaps pick her up and take back to the nearest train station for her- be it Weybridge or Walton, etc. I always have a car in the UK.

alchemillamollis Tue 03-Nov-15 19:58:37

I'd love to join you! I love Wisley; Dorking also good. Wednesdays are best for me. smile

yogagran Tue 03-Nov-15 20:14:55

Ooh I could do Dorking, 45 or so minutes away from me

granjura Tue 03-Nov-15 20:32:20

Where about are you Greenfinch? Which station would be easiest for you?

Greenfinch Tue 03-Nov-15 21:23:17

l am in Berkshire and can get to almost any station. Woking or Weybridge would be easy.In fact anything on the Fleet to Waterloo line if you know it.I am not sure where Sisley is.

MiniMouse Tue 03-Nov-15 21:23:56

I could do Dorking, too. I'd either come by train or bus, depending on the venue.

Greenfinch Tue 03-Nov-15 21:24:56

I mean Wisley

Grannyknot Tue 03-Nov-15 22:04:43

How exciting! I go off to choir practice and come back to all these replies.

GJ am I correct in thinking that you are talking about a future date when you are on a Surrey visit again? smile I'm also sorry we shall miss out on having you join us for the one planned for soonish.

On this occasion we'll meet in Dorking - actual venue to be confirmed. November suddenly seems so short!

granjura Tue 03-Nov-15 22:23:15

yes Wisley for a later date when in Cobham again. Nearest station to Wisley is Weybridge, I believe.

Enjoy your soon to be lunch smile

MiniMouse Wed 04-Nov-15 08:50:29

Gk I forgot to put on my post that I can do any day except Mondays. I'm not familiar with Dorking, so have no idea about venues. Another adventure wink

Grannyknot Wed 04-Nov-15 09:20:44

mini you'll love Dorking (even although that is a most unappealing name for a town!) grin

I hope the Doodle poll thingy works in this format, please click on the link below and add your availability! (I usually work on Thursdays and Fridays, but the week after next I've been asked to swop my days, hence I'm offering up a Thursday). Fingers crossed!

doodle.com/poll/t929eq8ibebghe7t

Grannyknot Wed 04-Nov-15 09:22:24

Doh! I forgot to add the time (but we can decide on that later) - shall we say around 12-ish? It's a lovely town for a spot of shopping, independent shops and craft shops abound! You can tell how excited I am! By the many exclamation marks!

Purpledaffodil Wed 04-Nov-15 10:44:32

Aren't you the clever one Grannyknot? I have been on Doodle and ticked my possible dates. Thanks. xx

Greenfinch Wed 04-Nov-15 11:39:11

Ican offer all three dates at the moment but will have to pull out if asked to work. That is only likely on the last date. Looking forward to it.

alchemillamollis Wed 04-Nov-15 11:42:51

I can only do Wed 2 Dec of those dates, but do go ahead without me if the other dates are better for most. I can then join you later at Wisley! Doodle is great - I may start using that, if I can manage it. smile

MiniMouse Wed 04-Nov-15 12:04:45

I've Doodled! Another new experience grin All dates OK with me smile

yogagran Wed 04-Nov-15 13:07:03

I've Doodled too, new experience for me as well . Just wish that there was an option for "possible but not so good"

Grannyknot Wed 04-Nov-15 13:56:54

purple (and everyone) re Doodle, I'm so clever, it hurts! grin

yoga there is, but I chose to ignore it in the setting up, I can just about cope with the three date options as a "yes" or "no" grin

There's a "drat" now because the one date that we can all do apart from purple, is the 2nd December. Will consult with her, just in case there's wriggle room.

Purpledaffodil Wed 04-Nov-15 20:48:26

Really sorry everybody, but I have a meeting on that day which involves outside bodies and cannot be altered. Please do go ahead without me if I am the only non starter. Xx

Grannyknot Wed 04-Nov-15 21:38:29

Hi everyone, let's try one more option for our Dorking meet up. Who can do Thursday 3rd December?

Purpledaffodil Wed 04-Nov-15 22:12:53

Wot no high tech Doodle? grin. I can do that one smile
So many smileys, so,little time!